The Little *Smol Ghostie: Part 2

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

For the last two years, Chan and Felix have been dating. Now, Chan isn't spending enough time with him and Hyunjin is a good friend.

 


 

31 Days of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Eight:

The Little *Smol Ghostie:  Part 2

-

 

 

  Hyunjin ignored his arm hairs standing up.  "L-Lixie," he whispered.  He meant to say it normally. He tried again.  Yesterday, Lix had come to his homebase, the house he'd woken up in the first time as a ghost.  He'd texted him his location and since he'd been out of town he was just now getting here.
  Over the years Felix had been dating Chan, and Chan had hired the help needed to rebuild the place.  What was once a run-down haunted house was now a firm structure with new walls smelling of fresh white paint and... it was still haunted.  Thankfully.  He'd die of a broken heart if Lix was suddenly gone and without him, he'd be the cliche' depressed ghost that would steal shiny stuff all the time - just out of habit.
  "Lixie?"  He flinched when the mirror on the wall cracked.  "Oooooo, Chan is going to-"  The mirror shattered and the frame dropped to the floor.  Okay, so don't mention Chan.  "Do you want to talk about it?"
  "No."

 

-

 

  "So, he owns his business, which helps people-  which is fine."  Felix's eyes widened.  "But then... every time they need something done they ask him.  Every time.  Like... can't these people do anything on their own?  It's like Chan's their Dad and they're helpless little beings."  He pouted.  "I can't remember the last time we spent real time together or went on a date.  Do you think it's because I'm a ghost?  Is he pushing me away in preparation for a breakup?"
  Hyunjin shook his head.  "No.  I think he's just a helpful guy and oblivious.  You'll just have to shake him and get him to  see what he's doing wrong."
  "Which is not paying me any attention."  He shrunk and floated through his new jacket's pocket.  He pocked just his head out.  "This is a nice material," he said.  "Is it Fleece?"
  "Whool, actually.  My cousin sent it to me from Alaska.  He's Boondocking out there right now."
  "Oh, I want to Boondock.  We should go camping right now."
  "Okay."
  Felix blinked rapidly and looked up at him.  "Really?"
  "Yeah.  I mean we haven't gone in a while, so why not?  And the weather's perfect."

 

-

 

"Let me try," Felix said.
  They'd built a fire but hadn't started it yet.
  He focused on the cotton ball with Vaseline on it.  It charred and caught fire.  "Yes."  His translucent legs were more of a whipy tail right now and he did a backflip through the air.
  Hyunjin gave an awkward smile.  This was the first year he'd ever been able to light fires with his mind.  Thank you for that, Chan.  Lix was on the autism spectrum and his stims with high emotion could be sparkly magic stars in the air, breaking mirrors, phantom voices in the air - a typical haunting, basically.  And now fire.  This was the makings of a disaster.

 

-

 

  "So you haven't told him that you're making him a gift," Changbin asked Chan."
  Chan had on gloves with moonstones attached to them.  He picked up the phantom pig stuffie and put it in the phantom toybox.  "No.  I wanted to fill this thing up with all kinds of stuff he could use and play with.  It's hard to keep a secret from someone who can move through walls."
  "Which is why you're keeping it at my house."
  "Exactly."

 

-

 

  Hyunjin was sitting in a tree, Lixie on a limb above him and they were watching the mon.  It was half-lit and bright.
  Nightlife cheeped and hooted around them.
  "Tomorrow I want to cook burgers," Felix said.  "I want to use that new one-eye burner stove you just bought."  He to his side and half sank into the limb.  He scowled.
  Hyunjin snorted.
  "Shut up."  He floated back out.  "Did you bring the stove?"
  "I did.  I'll get it out of the car in the morning.
  "Sounds like a plan."

 

-

 

  Chan turned into the clearing, a short trek from their camp location.  He wanted to give him his gift, but not yet.  He had brought him a gift though.
  Camp had been all set up and Hyunjin saw him first.  Felix was at the top of a tree, spying on a squirrel.
  "Surprise?"
  "Chan?"  Felix came barreling towards him- went through him.
  "Cold."  He shivered.
  "Sorry sorry."
  "It's okay.  I missed you.  Hyunjin told me where you were."
  "Really?  I thought you had some people to help."
  "They can wait.  I did promise you smores sometime this year.  Ones you can actually eat."
  He gasped.  "You didn't- stop."
  He was too cute.  "I can't promise you'll be able to eat it.  I did make it phantom though.  So you can try."
  He seemed to vibrate in place.  "I'm so excited."
  Chan put the gloves on and pulled a folded cloth square from his pocket.  It also had moonstones embedded in it.  He unfolded it and a freshly assembled more was presented.
  Felix swallowed.  "Hyunjin?"
  Hyunjin giggled.  "Yes, it's real.  Try it."  His eyes were a little widened, super curious to see if this worked.
  "I'm scared."  His hands shook as he reached for it.  His fingers went through the cloth but stopped at the solid surface of the phantom graham cracker.  "It feels like it should.  Like crumbly like a graham cracker."
  "Does it smell like anything," Chan asked.
  After sniffing it he shook his head.  "I can feel the warmth from the toasted marshmallow and melted chocolate though."
  "Really?  Wow."  Hyunjin moved over to see better.
  He took a bite and vibrated.
  "It's good.  Oh my gosh.  It tastes-  I can taste something."  He laughed.  "This is amazing.  Chan, you're amazing."
  "You're the amazing one, Lix.  If it wasn't for you I never would've thought of working a spell like that."
  He blushed.
  Hyunjin jumped up and down, clapping his hands.  "Kiss kiss kiss."
  "Shut up," Felix said, embarrassed.
  "But you guys are so cute."
  "Hyunjin," Chan said, also blushing.  "Stop.  Here.  I brought you one too.  Unphantomed."  He gave it to him.
  "Thank you so much.  I just brought meat and rice."
  Felix giggled and said, "It's a good thing I don't need to eat vegetables to stay healthy."

 


 

* If you like the story don't forget to click UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post a new chapter. :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

~ Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

For more Halloween Fun -

Click HERE to Read the Next Story "I Hate You, I Love You" >  -  OR - "The Little 'Smol Ghostie: Part 3" >