You Are A Vampire

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

I don't know why my nieces keep attracting predators on that planet," Chan said. "It's a good thing I have Felix and Changbin to watch out for them"

Bang Chan Vampire Tribe in Space. ^^

* I had a lot more fun writing this than I thought I would.

 


 

31 Days of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Four:

You Are A Vampire

-

 

 

  I'll be back in less than an hour," Terry said.
  Riley, her six-year-old daughter ran over and hugged her knees.  "But I'm going to miss you so much."  She squealed as she picked her up.
  "Mommy will be back very soon and we'll make pizza and cookies."
  "And I get to help?"
  "And you get to help."
  "Yay."  She kicked her feet and was let down.  "I'm going to tell Riley."  He was her four-year-old brother.  They were attached at the hip.
  "Okay," she said, laughing.
  "Be careful," her husband Cole said.  He gave her the Unit Card from their account and gave her a kiss.
  "Always am."
  She left and used the fob to lock the door.  She put the fob and the card in her wrist pouch and tapped the touch screen to lock it.
  The building hallways were clean metal with blue lights along the top.  Occasionally an announcement would be made, offering new jobs or restaurant specials in the area.  Anyone in the hallways ignored her or was just getting home, so only thought about getting inside.  The didn't even notice her.
  It wasn't until she got outside that she became in danger.
  An Asian woman who fit the beauty standard of a small v-shaped chin and big eyes, the perfect target for a predator.
  He adjusted the invisibility hoodie, making sure no part of his skin was visible, and began following her.  Occasionally some would bump into him, but there were so many people that no one cared.  Shops offering family-oriented things filled the area, and hovercars flew high enough above them that no one feared losing their heads.  He had scouted this area for a few weeks, checking for weak places - no camera places, or places he could capture a victim and leave a different route.
  It wasn't promising until he learned an entire section had been shut down for fumigation and electrical update - Tonight.
  His target not only fit the beauty standard but was foreign to the planet - her lingering Earth Aussie Accent had made his blood sing - and of course - lower places had woken up after so long of feeling nothing.
  He had one chance to do this.  Get her with the sedation gun, walk her to the area (he even had a breathing apparatus to survive, in case the fumigation seeped through this chosen hallway), and do his thing.  Almost there.
  One more turn and the camera would be out.
  An elbow hit his side and he stumbled a few steps.  Ow- that hurt.  He held his side, seething, and tried to catch up.  Fifty -four feet once you turned the corner and he'd miss her.  He gritted his teeth and ran.
  Just as he was turning the corner the back of his hoodie was grabbed and the hat yanked off.  His back slammed into the wall so hard it knocked the breath from his lungs.  Gasping for air he saw red eyes and sharp teeth - a vampire.
  He was dropped and his knees had to have been bleed with how hard they hit the concert.  The vampire said something he didn't catch and he was yanked up by his hair.  Pain exploded along his temples.  It was going to kill him.  Fear had him ice cold with chills even spreading on his aching scalp.  "I didn't do anything," he screamed.  "Help.  Help, somebody-."
  It laughed a deep laugh that made the chill turn hot and then cold again.  "As per the decree of this planet..." they said.  "...a vampire, I, as a member of the Bang Tribe have the right to kill a human if it's illegally and unethically hunting a human.  I've presented all evidence of your wrongdoing to the police and have even been given a "hell yeah, kill the er, so..."  He bit him and held his mouth to muffle his screams.
  He dropped the corpse and called the appropriate authorities.  "It's done."

 

-

 

  "Did he get him," Jeongin asked hesitantly.
  Chan hung tapped the pinpad and ended the call with Felix.  "Yeah, he killed him.  I don't understand why my nieces all attract predators on that planet.  Thank God I have Lix and Changbin to keep a watch on them."
  "Hey, old man," Seungmin called from the engine room.  "I am not... going to spend the next job fixing this engine.  You hire help or I quit."  There was a clank sound.
  Chan sighed.  "Let me go see what the problem is now before he starts breaking things on purpose."  He started walking way.
  "Hey, wait.  When do I get to drive?  I'm never going to be able to get my own ship if you don't give me pilot hours."
  "One thing at a time," he said.
  "Not fair."

 

-

 

  Minho eased the ship into the docking bay.  "I'm hungry," he yelled.
  Chan flinched.  He'd been checking fuel levels.  "Why are you yelling?"
  "I just said... because I'm hungry.  I'm tired of space food.  I want beef and fish and even vegetables."
  "I said I'd buy you a decent meal when we get back home.  Don't you trust me?"
  "He whined.  "Noooo... I want it now.  I'm so hungry.  I'm deprived of nutrients."
  "You are not.  You have blood bags.  You don't even need to eat space food."
  "Not the point," Seungmin said from behind them.  He sat in his own chair and pulled up the engine info.
  "I just checked those," Chan said.
  "Yeah.  We remember Canzas Zet?  You missed something, we got stuck in space for three weeks and had to wait for rescue.  We only survived because we're vampires."
  "We had plenty of regular food."
  "Because we didn't have to eat it."
  "Oh, both of you shut up," Minho said.
  "Someone's hangry," Seungmin said.
  "I just said that.
  "There was a beep and the overhead computer showed the ship was securely locked in place.
  "We've arrived," Jeongin cheered.  He'd popped out of nowhere.
  Chan took a deep breath.  "You guys are going to give me a heart attack someday."
  "Again," Seungmin said, "You... are... a... vampire."

 


 

ENDING NOTES:

 

If you liked the chapterdon't forget to click UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post a new chapter :)