Sometimes You Do Something Right And-

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Chan and Minho, ex-space delivery men, meet Felix - the best damn masseuse ever... and fall instantly in love with him. Will he be their third?

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Twenty-Seven:

Sometimes You Do Something Right And-

-

 

  Chan pressed the button on his cargo ship that kept it in place as Minho logged the crew in.  They'd deliver the tools to make a romantic destination in space function.  Like things for the many restaurants, spas and shops that made it up.
  Minho said, "Done.  You should be getting a call any time now."
  A hum signaled it and Chan snorted.
  "I'm a genius," Minho said.  "Now answer.  The sooner we unload the sooner we can go home.  I miss my cats.  It's been too long and I'm explicitly unhappy with that."
  Changbin had come in from the storage bay.  "It's only been twenty-one hours.  Your mother has them.  Stop whining."
  "You both hush," Chan said.  He answered the call.  Their identities were confirmed by live feed, a new rule put in place a few years ago when the accounts in identity theft had risen.
  The call ended and Chan said, "Now we dock."
  "And eat," Changbin said.  "I'm starving."
  "There's food in the kitchen," Minho yelled.
  Chan winced as they began to bicker.

 

-

 

  Chan hung up the phone and Minho was looking expectantly at him, having been signaled by his flap of hand.  "W-We-  I won the contest for the plasma spa and I get to bring a plus one."
  His eyes widened.  He opened his mouth, closed it, then glared.  "Wasn't that contest like a year ago?  We don't even deliver there anymore."
  He scratched his head.  "Apparently, that's why my name showed up.  An employee of any sort can't be entered into their contest.  Because I left on such good terms with the delivery company I guess they allowed my name to become visible in the drawing."
  Minho snorted.  "Not like I'm not excited.  Because I absolutely know you're taking me because we're dating now."  He gave him a pointed look.
  Chan made a bashful noise.  "Of course, you're my plus one."
  Minho gave a sharp nod and continued.  "...but it's a year later.  That's shady, right there, it is."
  Chan laughed.  "It's odd to be on their list, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth."
  "What does that even mean?"
  "He sighed.  "There's still more about English I need to teach you."
  "It's only because I love you that I learned English to begin with."
  He sighed.  "I know-  I know.  I love you too."

 

-

 

  "There are seven pools on floor fourteen," the host said, handing them their wrist fob for their room.  "Three more on floor twenty-three and four on deck forty-seven.  At noon the ship will lower to get less sun on the deck.  Your fobs will give you access to all of these decks from eight in the morning to eleven-thirty at night.  You have the choice of free room delivery - breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Or any restaurant aboard.  All of this information and more will be in the welcome packets I gave you.  Any questions?"

 

-

 

  Chan was struggling with the cork in a champagne bottle.
  Minho had collapsed on the bed.  "Informative and let's be honest, hot-"
  "So hot," Chan added.
  They laughed.
  "Our hose could talk to me all day and I'd still feel like I was on vacation.  Do you need help?"
  He hunched over the bottle.  "I've got it.  You just worry about you."
  Minho snickered.  "I'd worry less about me if I had actual alcohol in my hands."
  "Stop being mean to me.  I haven't done this in years."
  Getting up, he said, "That's because every bottle of alcohol we have are either shot or have a screw top.  Not the bubbly."  He pronounced the last word like "bub-buh-lae."  He flinched the "pop" as the cork finally came out, then looked disapprovingly at Chan who drank straight from the bottle.

 

-

 

  Dancing on a spa ship for vampires was more romantic than it had any right to be.
  "We going to getting it on tonight," Minho whispered dorkily in his ear.
  Chan laughed and went from dancing to hugging him.  "I love you so much."
  Minho sighed and moved them into a gentle sway.

 

-

 

  What they didn't expect was, to meet him, Felix Lee - also Australian like Chan, sweetheart - also like Chan.
  "You're a sweetheart too," Chan had insisted.
  For that, Minho had ignored him for a whole fifteen minutes.
  So who, besides the previous info, is this Felix character?

 

-

 

  "I've never wanted to feed on my masseuse before," Chan whispered.
  They were side-by-side on their massage tables while Felix hadn't come in yet.
  Minho's eyes flicked to the door.  "Don't say that.  He's the best damn masseuse I've ever had-"
  "The only masseuse you've ever had."
  "I'm not talking nonsense about wanting to eat him."
  "I don't want to eat him.  Just drink his-"
  "Well, I want to eat him."  He laughed at the scandalized look on his face.  "What?  We're poly.  He just clicks with us.  Maybe he'll be interested."
  "In a relationship?  Because I'm not interested in just -"
  ", blah blah.  I said third, didn't I?  I meant that in an official capacity... and why are we whispering?  Don't this ship have video and voice detector security features?"

 

-

 

  It did and Felix being an employee had access to it.  The security feature also fed specific info to him so he could make an educated decision on whether to enter the massage room or not.
  He chose to.  Also, he started a conversation about polyamory and their intentions with a third.  Satisfied with the answer, he promised to start dating them when his employment contract ran out in three months.

 

-

 

  They understood.  When you found an amazing place to work that paid equally amazing money, which would set you up for life?  You took it.
  "I just hope he hasn't changed his mind," Minho said.
  Chan made him stop chewing on his thumbnail.  "He's kept in contact.  You even virtually helped him pick out his new house furniture.  He'll be here."
  Minho exhaled a calming breath.  He nearly fell over at the sound of the doorbell.  He flailed his arms.
  "Got it.  Got it," Chan said, laughing.  He opened the door and there he was.  Felix, their sweetheart and unexpected third.
  "Sometimes things work out and sometimes you-"
  "Chan," Felix said.  "can you please stop talking and come in here?  I never thought I'd get a free vacation with a plus-two invitation.  Now we're going to enjoy it."
  "Coming."
  Minho smirked.  "That's the plan.  I've never done it in a hot tub before."

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

FINALLY - You Can Click HERE to Read the Newest Chapter:  A Ghost, A Gnome, and a Forest Spirit Walk Into A Bar... :)