Idols or Soulmates?

One shots & Short Stories Kpop Collection

Idols or Soulmates?

u3EnJsnBglkEExVyNLamPrOkNxUquv4EmNzdVWxAqWmoOec-IC0BDgdaVdcJozh8LYvgFNbvZMgwyo6CavPA46qYyA5y-fWEO-6uMVzmcWRjTG3qEKLSV3yFP4wrFQ4KXcRx1eRkXh2y-vJmulTw_Cs

BTS Hobi

“HOBIIIIIII!!!!!” I yelled as I ran through the door to his house. “WHATTTTTT????” He yelled from upstairs as I tripped down the stairs. “The letter came!!!!” I yelled, bursting into his room finding him on his bed, staring at me. 

 

“WHAT?!” He yelled standing up and dropping the computer on his lap as I nodded. “Both of ours?” He asked, rushing towards me as I handed him the letters. “Yeah, I’m so scared I didn’t get in but then again I’m so excited and I don’t know what the freak is going on and I still haven’t opened my letter, or yours and, oh god, I can’t do this,” I said, as he brought me into a hug.

 

“It’s ok, calm down,” He whispered, rubbing my back. “Ok,” I said, taking a deep breath in. “You open mine, and I’ll open yours,” He said, pulling away to smile at me. I nodded, handing him my  letter. He stared at it as I stared at the letter in my hands. “Okay, on 3,” He said. “One,” I whispered, my hands shaking.

 

“Two,” He said, sliding his hand across the letter. “THREE!” We both yelled, tearing the envelope and grabbing the paper inside. I unfolded it and ran my eyes over the words. Suddenly, my eyes landed on one word, ‘Accepted’. 

 

“YOU GOT IN!!!” We both yelled at the same time before looking at each other with wide eyes. “Wait, WHAT?” We yelled as I grabbed the paper from his hand as he did to mine. “I got in,” I whispered at the same time he said, “I got in,” 

 

We stared at each other for a good 10 minutes before smiles appeared on our faces. “WE GOT IN!!!!!” We yelled, throwing the papers around and hugging each other. “That means we’re going to be idol trainees,” He whispered as I nodded.

 

“We did it,” I said, smiling widely. 

 

Two days later…

 

I stared at the building, Hobi by my side. “This is it,” I whispered as he grabbed my hand. “Yeah, we got this,” He said as I took a deep breath, nodding. I took one step forward before blinking, turning straight around and walking away. 

 

“Where’re you going?” He said, pulling me back to stand beside him. “I can’t do this,” I whispered, shaking my head as he frowned. “No, you can. We worked hard to get accepted. I’m not letting you go away when things get tough. You worked harder than me for this. You deserve it,” He said as I blinked, feeling a fire light inside me.

 

I made a determined face, nodding. “You’re right, I got this. WE got this,” I said, pulling him along as he smiled. “That’s the Y/n I know,” He said, walking fast to keep up with me. I nodded, pushing open the doors to a big but quiet lobby. 

 

I stood there, Hobi by my side, staring around, speechless. “Wow,” He whispered as I nodded. We continued walking, looking around before we came to the front desk. “Hello,” The lady said, smiling and Hobi pulled his hand away from mine. “Hi, we’re, uh, new trainees here. We just got accepted,” He explained as I looked around. 

 

The lady nodded and typed something into her computer. “Ok, I’ll just get Jun Yeong,” She said, flashing us a polite smile as Hobi nodded. “What are your names again?” She asked as I blinked. “I’m Jung Hoseok and this here’s Y/n L/n,” He said as the lady nodded. 

 

Suddenly a boy came out of nowhere and bumped into me. I gave a surprised yelp as I fell to the ground, Hobi giving a surprised yelp too, wondering what was happening. A boy, a little older than me, had fallen on top of me, k-drama style. 

 

I blinked as the boy flashed me a quick smile before getting up, brushing dust off of him. I frowned as Hobi helped me up. “You okay?” He asked as I nodded. “Hi, sorry,” The boy said, sticking out his hand. “I’m Jun Yeong and I’m here to you to your new training rooms,” I stared at the hand before Hobi took it. “Hello, sunbae-nim, I’m Jung Hoseok and this is Y/n L/n,” He said as Jun Yeong waved him off.

 

“Yes, yes, your training room is on floor two and yours is here,” He said first to me and then Hobi. “Oh,” I said as he nodded. “Yeah, anyway, You stay here, I’ll this boy to his room first then you. Now, say goodbye,” He said as I blinked.

 

“Wait, goodbye?” I asked, looking at the man with wide eyes. “Well, not forever,” Hobi said, giving me a quick hug. “I’ll see you around the company, Y/n,” He said, flashing me one of his sunshine smiles before walking along with the bossy dude. I stared at him as he waved bye and walked along.

 

After 30 minutes, the boy came back. “Follow me,” He said, leading me off to a chaotic future. 

 

5 years later…

 

Hobi had debuted with 6 other boys and they called themselves Bangtan Sonyeondan, more popularly known as BTS. After we started as trainees, we barely saw each other with all the work we were doing. And, one of the most surprising things was that he debuted before me. I mean, I was happy, but that just meant we couldn’t be seen talking, in risk of a rumor.

 

We saw each other around the company, of course, but we couldn’t be the best friends we were. We’d say a small hello to each other when we saw each other before going back to do whatever business we were doing. Well, that all changed one day.

 

It was a few weeks after I had debuted with my group called ‘KRUSH’ as in Korean crush, with our song called, “Wish for you,” It was kinda good and it brought some recognition. Well, anyway, I was walking with my unni, Hwa Young and also the leader of our group, when I saw Hobi walking with a member of his group.

 

Our eyes met for a second and he stopped. “Hi,” He said, flashing a quick smile as I nodded. “Hi,” I said back as he gave a small bow and walked away with the boy. I blinked, looking over my shoulder as they rounded a corner. 

 

“Who’s that cutie?” Hwa Young asked as I felt my face become red. “What?” I managed as she laughed. “That your boyfriend?” She asked as I stared at her, shaking my head rapidly. “Ok, then what gives with the awkward hello?” She asked as I sighed, shaking my head.

 

“He’s my best friend, but we can’t be, not anymore because we’re afraid of a dating rumor,” I said, running my fingers through my hair as she frowned. “What’s wrong with that?” She asked as I shot her a look. “You know exactly what’s wrong with that, unni,” I said as she laughed.

 

“Still, would it kill you to say more words other than hello?” She asked as I shrugged. “Maybe if we were in a room without other people?” I said, confused. She blinked before a mischievous smile arouse on her face. “Wait, what are you thinking?” I said, squinting at her. 

 

She shrugged, walking away. I would later learn that the boy who was walking with Hobi was Hwa Young’s best friend and his name was Taehyung. I was sitting around in my dorm staring at random notes for our next song. I groaned before slamming my head on the desk. I stayed there for a few seconds before my phone let out a ping.

 

I groaned again, picking my phone up and found that my unni had sent me a message. I blinked as I tapped on the notification and read aloud the words. “Come to the dance room?” I wondered before I groaned, slamming my head into the desk again before taking in a deep breath. 

 

“Fine, why the heck not?” I whispered, standing up and walking towards my closet.

 

10 minutes later…

 

I blinked as I stared at the text message before looking around the empty dance room. I frowned, typing a text back to Hwa Young, asking where she was. A minute later, she sent a message that a friend was coming instead of her and then didn’t reply to any of my angry mad messages. 

 

I groaned before falling down on the ground. Suddenly, I heard the door open and footsteps walking towards me. “Taehyung?” A familiar voice called and I immediately sat up. Hobi had rounded the corner and was staring at me as I stared back at him. “Y/n?” He asked at the same time I said, “Hobi?” 

 

“What’re you doing here?” I whispered as he sat down next to me. “Uh, Taehyung, a member in my group, told me to come here. What about you?” He asked as I shrugged. “My unni told me to come here,” I said as he frowned. “Wait, is her name Hwa Young?” He asked as I nodded. 

 

“Oh, god, that’s Taehyung’s best friend,” He said, facepalming as I blinked. “Anyway, how’re you doing?” I asked, diverting the subject as he shrugged. “Good, I guess, it could be better, you?” “Eh, working on our next song,” I said as he nodded.

 

“Yeah, the leader of our group, Kim Namjoon, is doing that,” He said as I frowned. “You mean the dude with the dead- haircut?” I asked before he laughed. “What?” He asked as I shrugged. “Hey, it's my opinion,” I said as he stared at me. “Yeah, you’re the exact same girl I knew before,” He said, taking my hand in his as I smiled.

 

“Of course I am Hobi. Anyway, what do you wanna do?” I asked as he stared at me. “Um, I mean, we are in a dance room, you wanna dance?” He asked as I smiled. “I thought you’d never ask,” I said, standing up and pulling him up.

 

One Hour later…

 

I fell on the ground, Hobi followed soot as he just finished teaching me the choreography to his group’s debut song, No More Dream. “Damn, you guys work hard,” I said, looking over at him as he laughed. “You work harder. You think I didn’t see your dance in the background of your music video while that girl was rapping? It took me like a week to get that step right,” He said as I laughed. 

 

Suddenly, I heard the sound of the door opening and me and Hobi looked at each other in alarm. He helped me up, quietly, before bringing me into a closet as footsteps came closer. I looked up at him as he smiled down at me. 

 

“Hey, Y/n?” “Yeah?” “Um, well, I have a hypothetical question,” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “Yeah, I’m listening,” “Well, um, hypothetically, what would you say if I asked you out on a date?” He asked as I looked up at him. 

 

“A date?” I asked as he nodded. “Yeah, a date,” He said as I nodded. “Well, I would hypothetically say yes,” I said, looking back at the door. He stared at me, blinking. “Well, what if I hypothetically asked you to be my girlfriend, what would you say then?” he asked as I shrugged. 

 

“Same answer as the first one, I’d say yes,” I said as he blinked. “So, will you?” he asked as I blinked, turning to face him. “Hypothetically or in real life?” I asked as he gave me a smile. “In real life,” he said as I nodded. 

 

“I’d say yes,” I said as he frowned. “I mean, I’d be fine if you said no- wait did you say yes?” He asked as I laughed softly. “Yes, I said yes, you pabo,” I said as a smile made its way onto my face. “I’d pick you up and spin you around right now, but this place is really cramped,” He said, looking around.

 

“Well, You could settle for this,” I said, putting a hand on the back of his neck and pulling him into a kiss. I felt his hand come up to cup my cheek as he smiled against my lips. Suddenly, I heard the door open, and light flooded the little room. 

 

I heard gasps sound from all around the door and when I tried to pull away from Hobi, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer, as if saying, ‘Ignore them.’ I heard pictures being taken from everywhere before Hwa Young and a boy, who I presume was Taehyung, yelled, “WE’RE POSTING THIS ONLINE!!!!”