Just friends, right?

One shots & Short Stories Kpop Collection

Just friends, right?

AKIGqfuAIl2qDR1Hjpp5TT_pdNnAufvEiufqeV3gtHCiMFdtbX-mGLyEnOhNi97TEZXJROI1JnHBJ4qVVQOQQ1n0W-bIj5ZqDiXE8_KUh3UChxQetLhOYsqS4FbogrfP8eToIsLKQhHAWAPApD0iehI

TXT Yeonjun ft. TXT

I looked down at my watch as time ticked by. I groaned, looking at the opened door of Yeonjun’s house. “Yeonjun!!! Get your out here right now, or else we’re gonna miss the bus!!!” “Alright!! I’m coming!!” He yelled. “Bye, eomma!!” He yelled, running out of the door with a pastry in his mouth as he grabbed my hand, pulling me along.

 

“About time!” I yelled, running to catch up with him. His hand was still in mine so I was forced to keep up with my ten-year best friend who is in track. “Ooh, what food did your mom cook this time?” I asked, grabbing the food out of his mouth and was given a frown from him. I rolled my eyes as I took a bite out of the apple fritter.

 

“Your mom’s cooking is heavenly,” I said as Yeonjun yelled, “Ahjussi!!! Wait!!!” My eyes widened as I realized the bus was about to leave. I shoved the pastry in his mouth and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. And, just in time, I was able to put my hand in the door right before it closed.

 

“Thank you, ahjussi,” I panted, pulling Yeonjun along. The driver laughed. “Yeah, sure. I’ll always wait for you two lovebirds,” He said as I laughed. “We’re not in love,” I lied, as I pulled Yeonjun inside our seat. “Yeah, just friends,” Yeonjun said, sitting down. That broke my heart a little. 

 

I leaned my head against the seat and closed my eyes. “Y/n, Y/n, Y/n,” Yeonjun said, tapping my shoulder repeatedly. “What?” I groaned. “Do you want me to tell you about the gossip at school?” He asked, as I opened one eye to look at him. 

 

“Sure, knock yourself out,” I said, closing my eyes. “Alright, so did you know that Kai and Soobin had their first kiss a while ago?” He asked, his words fading in and out. I continued to drift off to sleep before Yeonjun jabbed me in the side. “Hey, you're not falling asleep during my super important explanation, are you?” he asked.

 

“Oh, no. I would never dream of that,” I said, yawning. “Good. Also, did you know Taehyun got a girlfriend?” and he continued on with his super fascinating talk as I fell asleep against my seat. 

 

Y/n fell asleep as Yeonjun talked on and on about the newest gossip at school. “And- wait Y/n? Are you asleep?” He asked, poking her forehead and was given complete silence. Yeonjun gave a little smile and shut up, tilting her head so that it was leaning against his shoulder.

 

“Goodnight, Y/n,” He said, looking away. 

 

One hour later…

 

“Y/n, wake up. We’re at school,” Yeonjun said, flicking my head. “Ow,” I said, waking up and rubbing my eyes. He laughed. “Seriously, how much sleep did you get last night?” He asked, pulling me out of the seat and down the bus. “Oh, um, I had some homework to finish,” My mouth replied as my mind quietly said, “Thinking of how I can’t tell you I love you,” 

 

He nodded. “Oh, yeah, I need your help,” He said as we walked into the busy hallway. “Yeah, what’s up?” I asked as he winced. “So, um, I kinda have had this crush on this person for a long time and I don’t know how to tell them,” He said as I looked up, my heart a little hopeful.

 

“Really? Who?” I asked, as I looked at him happily. “Um, I don’t know if you'd like who it is,” He said as I shook my hand in front of him. “No, I’ll be fine. Now, spill,” I said, my mind wondering if it was me. “Well, it’s… Alex,” He said. I stared at him, heart broken. “Oh,” I said quietly.

 

“Yeah, I’m so sorry, I just kinda fell for her. But I could forget her? I mean, she’s your bully and I don’t want to make you uncomfortable,” He said, scratching the back of his neck. I looked down at the ground, feeling tears welling up in my eyes as I clenched my fists. 

 

“N-no, it’s fine,” I mumbled, before looking up, a fake smile plastered on my face. “You truly love her?” I asked quietly as he nodded. I sighed. “Alright, what do you need help with?” I asked, my hands clenching the straps of my backpack. “Um, I don’t know how to ask her out to the prom,” He said. I sighed. “Well, she’ll say yes to give me hell,” “Just, ask them out like normal. With flowers and all. I’m sure she’ll like that,” “Really?” “Positive,” I said.

 

“Okay, thanks!” He said, running away. I opened my mouth to call something after him, but I couldn’t. It felt like my heart was in my throat. I continued walking to my classroom, my eyes glued to the floor. “Hey, Y/n!!” I heard a voice yell. I looked up and gave a pained smile as Kai swept up beside me.

 

“Hey, Huening,” He smiled. “How’re you?” He asked and I shrugged. “Fine, I guess. How is Soobin? I heard you two finally kissed,” I said, looking at a red Kai. He blinked, before hiding his face in his hands. “Y-yeah, we kissed a while ago,” He stuttered as I laughed. “You know, you’re super cute when you’re flustered,” I said, ruffling his hair as he swatted it away in response.

 

“Yeah, me and Soobin are going to the Prom today. What about you?” he asked as I bit my lip. “I’m probably not going,” I said, scratching the back of my neck. “Hm? Why?” He asked. “Um, well, I don’t exactly have a date and I was kinda hoping Yeonjun would ask me, but, uh, he kinda has a crush on Alex,” I said as Kai’s mouth dropped to the floor.

 

“Wait, hold up, you’re telling me that you still haven’t told Yeonjun?” He asked quietly. I shrugged. “I mean, he likes someone else. I don’t think I should ask, considering that fact. Plus, love isn’t for all of us,” I said, walking away and leaving a surprised Kai behind.

 

A few hours later…

 

“Y/n!!! Y/n, you won’t believe it!! Alex actually said yes!!!!” Yeonjun yelled at the end of school, running towards me and engulfing me in a hug. I blinked, not quite surprised. I knew it. she only said yes to give me fudging hell I thought, faking a smile. “That’s great Yeonjun,” I whispered as we walked into the bus.

 

“Oh, . I gotta find something to wear,” He said, freaking out. For the rest of the ride, he freaked out about everything. His clothes, his breath, how to convince his dad to let him borrow their car, everything. 

 

Yeonjun dashed out of the bus as soon as it came to a stop. I blinked, feeling my heart being ripped to shreds. “Where’s he going in a hurry?” The bus driver asked. “He, uh, well, he’s got a date to the prom,” “Really? Then why aren’t you running?” He asked. “I’m… not exactly the person he asked,” I said, biting my lip.

 

The bus driver gave a small ‘oh’, before he patted my back. “It’s alright. He’ll figure it out soon enough,” He said as I nodded, getting down from the bus. “Thanks, Ahjussi,” I said as he drove off. I walked home, thinking of how I could’ve just told him I loved him for five years. 

 

I opened the door to my house, grudgingly walking in and being met with my mom hugging me, “Hello,” I faked a smile as she pulled away and studied my face. “Honey, are you okay?” she asked as I bit my lip. I shook my head as she frowned. “Why? What happened?” “Well, you know how I’ve had a crush on Yeonjun forever?” I asked as she nodded.

 

“Well, he kinda asked a different person out today,” I said as my mom pulled me into another hug. “Oh, sweetie. It’s alright. You know, me and your father started out like this,” she said, putting her hand on my cheek. “Really?” I asked, looking at her with hopeful eyes. She nodded. “But, it took him 15 years to realize I liked him,” She said and I looked back down again, sad.

 

“Honey, everything will be alright. I’m assuming you want some alone time now?” She asked as I walked away. “Yeah, thanks eomma. I love you,” I said, walking to my room and shutting the door. 

 

Two hours later…

 

Yeonjun had dressed in his best outfit and had looked a little too spiffy. But, Alex seemed to like it when he went to pick her up and drove her to the party. After, like, 20 minutes into the party, Alex ditched Yeonjun, seeing that Y/n wasn’t there. But, Yeonjun had no idea that she had ditched him until an hour later, when his friends came up to say hi. 

 

“Hey, Yeonjun!!” Beomgyu said, tackling him in a hug. “Get off of me you idiot,” he said as Beomgyu pulled away, pouting. “Why do you have to be so mean?” He asked, sticking his tongue out at him. Yeonjun rolled his eyes, flicking his head. “Hey, Yeonjun! Beomgyu, you’re here too?” Tahyun asked, rolling up beside them. 

 

“Yeah, I’m here! I actually scored a date!” Beomgyu said proudly. “Well, then where is she? Oh, wait, I think she ditched you,” Yeonjun said. “Yeah, I think that's happening to YOU,” Soobin said, walking towards them, hand in hand with Huening Kai. 

 

“Yeah, sure, I don-” “Yeah, sure, she’s talking with her REAL boyfriend, Niki,” Beomgyu said, pointing towards them in the corner. Yeonjun blinked. “Yeah, seriously dude, why didn’t you ask Y/n to the party?” Taehyun asked. “I assumed she had a date,” he replied as Huening frowned. “Dude, seriously? You have a colorblinded . You can’t see that she loves you, can you?” He snapped at Yeonjun as he bit his lips. 

 

Soobin put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a squeeze. Kai took a deep breath in and stared at Yeonjun. “Yeonjun, you know what Y/n told me today? She said, ‘I mean, he likes someone else. I don’t think I should ask, considering that fact. Plus, love isn’t for all of us.’ Dude, you broke her heart. She’s loved you since you were 11 years old, and you seriously couldn’t see that?” Kai asked, tilting his head. 

 

Yeonjun looked down, the memories from when he was 11 to now playing in his head. He stared at the ground as the memories replayed over in his head before one of them resurfaced after many years of being forgotten. Y/n had kissed his cheek when they were 13, when he had fallen down and had hurt himself pretty badly.

 

His head looked up so fast, you could swear you’d think he had whiplash. “Oh, ,” He whispered. “I think his colorblinded finally knows what colorful,” Beomgyu said as Yeonjun looked around. “I gotta go. If Sabine asks where I am, tell her to go eat a rat and die in hell,” Yeonjun said, before dashing out of the room.

 

“Yup, that idiot is back,” Kai said, smiling.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Y/n had cried for an hour straight before she had to pull herself together. To make her feel better, she decided to watch a thriller movie to get Yeonjun out of her mind. But, all her memories of the film were about Yeonjun and her watching the movie together. So, it didn’t exactly cheer her up.

 

She was under the blankets, eyes staring wide at the screen. The main protagonist had just walked into the room before the lights flicked out and a knock was heard by the window. She slowly walked up to it and when she opened it, the killer leaped in ready for the final blow. I gave a yelp as I slammed the computer shut and pulled off the blanket. “Nope,” I said. “Nope, nope, nope, nope, not today,” I said.

 

I sighed, looking over at my phone which was on silent. I walked up to and opened it, finding no new messages from Yeonjun. I gave another sigh. Suddenly, there was a knock on the window. I yelped, grabbing a baseball bat and swinging it over my shoulder. I blinked, heart beating faster as I stepped closer to the window.

 

I slowly opened it ready for the killer to leap in… but then I saw a tuft of pink hair. I relaxed, staring at it confusingly. “Yeonjun?” I asked. “Yeah, a little help please!!” He said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him up and into the room. “Wha-” I asked before I was cut off with a hug from him.

 

“I am so, so, so, sorry. I should’ve never left you for Sabine. Please, forgive me. I’ll never leave you again,” He said as he pulled away, studying my face. I blinked, feeling heat rise to my face at the close proximity of his face to mine. I took in the perfect pout in his lips, the way his hair fell over his eyes when he was in a hurry and his big black eyes filled with worry.

 

I blinked, feeling my heart beat faster every second. “I-'' I started but couldn’t finish the sentence. I don’t know why, but tears had come once more to bring misery. I felt a few tears slip out of my eyes as I gave a pained smile. “No, don’t cry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’ll say as many times as you want, just- please, don’t cry,” Yeonjun said before putting a hand on my cheek.

 

I leaned into his touch, giving him a closed eye smile. “I love you,” I whispered after a few seconds. He gave me another smile. “I love you too. Just, tell me you for-” Before he could finish the sentence, I put my hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss.

 

He almost immediately responded by cupping his hand on my cheek. After a few seconds, I pulled away. “Yeah, I forgive you, you idiot,” I said as he let out a pained laugh, pulling me into a hug. “That’s all I need,” He whispered.

 

Present day…

 

“Wait, so Daddy didn’t love you?” “Well, not for a while, but that’s not the point," I replied to our 6-year-old twins. “See, Y/nnie, THIS is why we don’t tell 6-Year-olds love stories. Hey, girls, who wants to hear about how Daddy defeated a super villian on the first day of school?” Yeonjun replied, looking at our children.