The Ghost of my Love

One shots & Short Stories Kpop Collection

The Ghost of my Love

Y71rAXosM2HNsH2oUC6lfBpIFqtNw6-w5-cpCd-FcmWkTvCVSXrQrqa6GIKT4A0OL5Ht4YnASA3UQfrTvshsUV8xVbqfvHvJZrR1MLrsJ7aztbOcwijUIpeSUnCxLQmsnbHZEFzsL2g3V8pzfLvw9AE

Enhyhen Heeseung

“YYYYYYYYYYYY/NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!” I heard my best friend Heeseung yell. I groaned, sitting up and looking face to face with him. His hands were folded perfectly in his lap, his hair was combed though I wonder how, since he couldn’t hold a comb, and a smile was plastered on his face. 

 

“WWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT?????????” I yelled, before hearing a crash outside my door. “HONEY????” I heard my mom yell before she burst through the door, pan in hand. I blinked. “Mom, it's nothing. I just remembered I had a test today,” I said as she relaxed, nodding and walking out the door. I sighed once the door was closed.

 

“She still can’t see me?” He asked as I shrugged. “Why did you wake me up so early?” I asked, rubbing my eyes as he smiled. “It's my birthday~~” he said as I rolled my eyes. “Of course,” I said, standing up as he frowned. “Did you remember?” He asked as I shook my head. 

 

“No I didn’t, you idiot, I would totally forget my best friend’s birthday,” I said as he smiled. “What did you get me???” He asked as I reached inside my cupboard. “Catch,” I said, throwing a box at him, and he tried to catch it before he remembered that things passed through him. He frowned, pulling back his hands and letting the box fall to the ground. 

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, walking over to him,picking the box off the ground and handing it to him. “Now, that's just mean,” He said as I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, no,” I took his hand and put it on the box as his eyes widened. I let go of the box and it stayed in his hand, not falling to the floor.

 

He stared at me, looking from the box to his hands. “No way,” He whispered as I laughed. “Yeah, way,” I said, walking towards the bathroom. “I’ll tell you how I did it later,” I said, closing the door as he stared at the box. He blinked, sitting back down on the bed and gently pulling the ribbon off of the present.

 

He pulled the box open and he stared at a necklace, and a card that said, “To my very favorite ghost, Heeseung,” He blinked, closing his eyes and reaching for the necklace. He was surprised when he felt the cold silver chain at the bottom of the box. 

 

“How?” He whispered, pulling it out and studying it closely. Suddenly, Y/n’s bathroom door opened and she stepped out, rubbing a towel on her face. She walked over to the closet and grabbed two random clothes and walked back to the bathroom. Heeseung stared at the necklace, wondering if it could open. 

 

Y/n came out a few minutes later and sat down next to him. He looked over at her and frowned. “Spill,” He said as she smiled. “Okay, what do you want to know?” I asked as he stared at the pendant. “How can I hold this?” I asked as she stared at it.

 

She gave a small smile. “Well, you know how I always research about ghosts so I can find out how I can see you? Well, I came across this one article which said that ghosts can hold things after a certain age, and that age is 18. You just turned eighteen, right?” I asked as he nodded.

 

“So, Yeah. That’s how,” I said, shrugging as he stared at me. “Okay, since it's your birthday right, you can ask me anything. I want this to be an amazing birthday for you,” I said, smiling and putting a hand on his hand. He blinked, before a smile appeared on his face. 

 

“I want to go to school with you today,” He said as I blinked, eyes widening. “Please?” He asked as I stared at him. “Um…” “Please??? It’s my birthday!!! And you did say you are gonna do everything I wanted!!! PLease?!” He said as I blinked, before sighing and nodding.

 

“Alright, but don’t talk with me when other people are near me, and if you have any questions, I’ll just answer them when we come home, alright?” A smile appeared on his face and he nodded rapidly. I gave a weak smile before I grabbed my bag.

 

One chaotic breakfast and bus ride later…

 

I sighed as we both got down from the bus. “Seriously, I am never letting you come with me ever again,” I whispered, walking towards the school’s entrance as Heeseung frowned. “Hey, it wasn’t my fault that boy was throwing paper balls at you!!!” He said as I rolled my eyes, and made my way through the halls.

 

I stopped at my locker and slowly opened it as Heeseung peeked in. “Wow, cute locker,” He said and I nodded in acknowledgement. “Well, well, what do we have here?” A voice said from behind me as I winced. “Oh, no, not again,” I whispered, turning around. “Look, it’s the ghost girl,” 

 

I sighed, turning around as Heeseung frowned. “Do you have your ghost boyfriend this time??” The girl in the middle asked as I winced. “Sabine, please, not today,” I said, trying to walk away before one of the girls put a hand on my locker slamming it shut.

 

“Oh, you’re not going anywhere ghost girl,” She said as I frowned. Heeseung growled, and it made me unconsciously blush. “Hey, why are you blushing? Are you gay?” Sabine asked as her minions laughed. I blinked, before shaking my head rapidly.

 

“Leave me alone,” I said, trying to walk the other way, before another girl blocked me. I blinked, as Heeseung’s fists balled up.I quickly maneuvered my way out of the situation and into the clear hall. 

 

I gave a sigh of relief as I entered my class, Heeseung close behind me. He was looking at me worriedly as I sat down. I sighed, writing something on a piece of paper and pointed to it. It read, “Go to the library, please, Heeseung,” he blinked as he read the piece.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows but disappeared through the walls. I sighed, looking back at the screen as the teacher walked in. 

 

Heeseung frowned as he floated around the school, looking for the library and wondering if anyone else could see him. He sighed as he sat down against a section in the library when he got there. 

 

He looked around, before looking down at the pendant that Y/n had given him. He gave a small smile as he turned it over in his hands before his eyebrows furrowed. He blinked, running his finger over the locket.

 

Suddenly, he flicked his finger up and the locket opened to reveal a letter inside. He blinked as he pulled it out and unfolded it into a notebook-sized letter. “What the heck?” He asked as he stared at it.

 

He quietly read the letter to himself. “Dear Heeseung, It’s me,Y/n. I don’t know when you’ll find this letter, it could be today, or tommorow, or in a million years. The only reason why I’m writing to you like this is that I’m too scared of what would happen if I told you in real life. Okay, I’m procrastinating on this. I love you Heeseung, I always have. You’re always there for me, thank you, but I know this is worthless. Humans and ghosts can’t be together. Forgive me for saying this, I love you,” 

 

Heeseung blinked as he read and re-read the letter. He blushed everytime she said, “I love you,” He carefully folded the letter back into the tiny space, and stared at the ground. “Y/n loves me,” He whispered before a big smile appeared on his face. “Y/N LOVES ME!!!!” He yelled, jumping up and doing a little dance. 

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a book fell from the shelf and landed next to Heeseung. He stared at it, before leaning down and picking it up, and, ironically, the book was about things ghosts can and can't do. 

 

He blinked, flipping through the book before one article caught his eye. He blinked, eyes flickering over the words.

 

Timeskip to the end of the day…

 

 I leaned against the school’s gate, wondering where the heck Heeseung was. I blinked as some girls walked past me, snickering. I rolled my eyes, and checked my watch. I waited for another hour, wondering where that idiot was, before deciding to go home.

 

‘He’d understand,’ I consoled myself as I walked along the sidewalk. ‘He’ll show up, too. I hope,’ He didn’t, and I didn’t see him the next day either. Not even the day after. I could see ghosts fine, as a few yelped when I waved at them and a few waved back. But, where was Heeseung? 

 

A week later, I was walking to school, wondering if it was my fault for Heeseung leaving and I kinda over-thought about it. I frowned, pulling out my headphones and sliding them over my head, my mind going on about, like, a million possibilities why Heeseung left.

 

I walked through the gates, staring around as I hummed along with my favorite song. Suddenly, I felt a tug against my headphones before they fully came off. I blinked, turning around to find Sabine standing there, headphones dangling from her hands.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows as her friends laughed. “Give me my headphones back,” I growled as she scoffed. “Okay, maybe I will, after your invisible boyfriend comes,” Se said before putting her hand to and faking a shocked face. “Oh, wait, you don’t have one,” She said, making her friends laugh a little louder as I balled up my fists. 

 

“Y/n!!!” A familiar voice called, and I blinked looking past the girls to see who was calling my name. And, surprisedly, the girls turned around to stare at a boy. I frowned. “Heeseung?” I whispered as he waved his hand in the air, running towards me. 

 

I stared at him as he came closer, and when he was out of breath, he put his hands on his knees, panting. “Heeseung?” I asked as he nodded. “Yeah, it's me,” He said, before pulling me into a big hug. 

 

I blinked, slowly bringing my arms around him before hearing a loud thud. Sabine had dropped my headphones onto the ground, but the priceless look on her face made up for it. She blinked, before furrowing her eyebrows and walked away mumbling something random, her little minions following her.

 

Heeseung pulled away and smiled. “Heeseung, what the heck are you doing here????” I asked as he reached over and took my headphones off the ground, handing them back to me. “Give me a sec,” He said, looking around and finding there were a ton of people staring at them, before grabbing my hand and pulling me inside the school. 

 

He pulled me into the first empty classroom he could find, and looked around before shutting the door and closing the shades. He sighed and looked back at me, a small smile on his face. “Heeseung, what-” “I love you Y/n,” He said, making me shut up and stare at him. 

 

“What?” I croaked as he pulled me into another hug. “I got your letter,” He whispered as I blinked, remembering the letter I wrote a week ago. “Oh,” I said as he pulled back, studying my face. “Well, that doesn’t explain why other people can see you and that you’re human,” I said, gesturing to his very real hand as he smiled.

 

“On my birthday, you told me to go to the library, right? Well, That's when I found your letter and when I celebrated about you loving me, a random book fell out of nowhere, and ironically, the book was about things ghosts can and can't do,” He said as I stared at him.

 

“And?” “AND, there was a section about if ghosts could become human. Apparently, every birthday the ghost has, at exactly midnight on their birthday, they can make any wish they want. They could also wish to go back to being human, if they wanted too. But, when they wanted, they could turn back into ghosts, watch,” He said and immediately his hand became a little more transparent.

 

“Okay, But that doesn’t explain why you celebrated when you read that I love you,” I said, before he grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards him. “What, you don’t believe me?” he asked as I shrugged. “Maybe,” I jokingly said as he laughed. 

 

Then, he did the most outrageous thing ever. He pulled me into a kiss.