Chapter 27

Together

Yongguk’s POV

‘The number you’re calling is currently unavailable. Please try again later.’ I have been trying to reach Haneul for the past two days. I wanted to apologize for what happened that day. I got news from the trio of trouble (Zelo, Jongup and Youngjae) that Haneul is with Himchan. I called Himchan many times but every time I asked to speak to Haneul, he would say she is unavailable. Sometime is wrong but I just put my finger on it.

Daehyun is not himself recently. He had locked himself in his room if there are no schedules. He don’t eat anything and he wont even talk to me or anyone. Manager hyung tried to talk to him but he would just refuse. Thankfully he is professional when we are on our schedules but when the cameras are off he would be looking longingly at his handphone. Sigh, everyone is caught up in their own little problem while the trio of trouble are free from any.

I really want to know how Haneul is doing and if there’s anything I can help her with. Im not good with words but I have.. strength..? sigh, I don’t know what I have anymore. I ruffled my hair angrily and tossed my phone on the bed. I give up, this is not working. Should I just go look for her at Himchan’s..? Ah.. I don’t know anymore. I took my phone and browse through a folder I made for Haneul. It contains photos I took of her secretly. I miss her smile and I wish she would always have a smile on her face. Because of what I did that day, I made her frown and I really regretted it. Images of that day flash by and I covered my eyes with my arm. Sigh.. What have I done.

‘Hyung! Come quickly! You have to see this!’ Youngjae bursted into my room and pulled me on my feet. He dragged me to the living room where everybody was gathering around. They were watching the news.

I rolled my eyes, I got called out for this? But my eyes widen when I looked closely at the headline of the press conference taking place. ‘Kim Corporation’s CEO officially disown her daughter – Kim Haneul.’  A picture of Haneul was flash on the top right hand side of the screen. Everyone even our manager hyung was surprised at the sudden release of such news.

‘Kim’s Corporation’s CEO has called for a press conference. He publicly announced that his daughter Kim Haneul has been disowned and her shares of the company would be given to her stepsister Kim Yiseul. During the press conference, we can see that Mr Kim, his step wife and step daughter were shedding tears when he told the press how his daughter would steal from the company’s fund and used it on herself. How she ill treated her step sister.

He told the press how the whole family feared her and that he did not want to take such measures but when he found out she stole from the company, he had no choice but to disown his daughter. Claiming that it would only be fair to his step daughter and wife as well as the employees of the company. He said that he could no longer allow such harm to his family. When he shared the reason why he did not have the heart to do it before was because he still loved his daughter but after what she did, he had no choice. Concluding the press conference with tear filled faces, the family left.’ I shut the tv off immediately and I pant angrily.

How could a father tell such lies to the press about his own daughter who loved him unconditionally? I clenched my fist tightly. The members and our manager were angry as well. Even though they only knew Haneul for a couple of weeks, they would never believe such lies. I rushed out the dorm after I got my handphone and car keys. I sped all the way towards Himchan’s apartment complex. I don’t care anymore. I need to see Haneul. I want to be there for her.

I managed to reach there safely in one piece and marched towards the lift. I press the button non-stop hoping that the lift would be here faster. I got outside the apartment and banged on the door loudly. Himchan opened the door and was shocked to see me. I pushed pass him and looked for Haneul. I saw her standing in front of the tv with tear filled face. I jumped over the couch and pulled her in my arms. She buried her face in my chest as she cried into my chest, wetting my shirt. I held her tightly and kiss the top of her head.

 

Here 2 updates! :) Yongguk's here too! Miss him?