Chapter 11

Together

Haneul’s pov

I waited anxiously for Rikku sshi to come. I tried to calm my nerves and collecting my thoughts. I have to be able to get my thoughts and feeling across to Rikku sshi. I owe her a lot and should thank her properly. I closed my eyes and gather my thoughts. Took a deep breath and I was ready.

I heard the door cracked opened and Daehyun was staring at me, watching my every move. I slowly walked towards Rikku sshi who was standing behind Daehyun. Before I could call out to her, Daehyun stepped closer to me and bend down so that he our eye level were the same.

He leaned near my left side and spoke in harsh whisper ‘Hurt her, I’ll break you’ before he turned around to pat Rikku sshi on the head and kissing her forehead before leaving us alone. Not forgetting to turn around and glare at me before leaving.

I swear Daehyun freaks me out. I stepped closer to her and did a 90 degree now. ‘Im really sorry! Im sorry for hurting your feelings Rikku sshi. I did not mean it that way… I wishes you never appeared so you wont have to suffer with me. Rikku sshi who is always bright and cheerful is going to be sad because of me. I don’t want that!’ I snapped my head up as I harshly wiped the tears that has started rolling down my cheeks with the back of my sleeve. As I continued on and this time looking into her eyes to show her how I really feel.

‘Rikku sshi.. I owe you too much. Im sorry Im a coward and that I cant express my feelings properly. I always say the wr-’ I was suddenly pulled into a hug as Rikku sshi cried with me.

‘Pabo! How could you think that way!! I did it cause I want to. Don’t apologise! Im sorry for misunderstanding you. Im really sorry. Lets take things slow~’ she said while sniffing hard and choking on her tears.

I nodded before shyly looking away and murmured softly ‘U-u-unnie..’ to my surprise she heard it and pat my head while beaming through tears ‘Yah~ Haneul ah~’ a smile spread across my face as I higged Rikku tightly. Im truly thankful to have her.

After our little makeup, we went back to the practice room to clear up the lunch we prepared but to our surprise it was cleared and our share was put aside nicely. Rikku smiled before she and I sat down eating while watching the boys practice. We had little conversation about random stuffs. I got to know more about Rikku sshi.

The music stopped and the boys came over to get their drinks and freshen up before going to rehearsals at music bank before the actual recording. Daehyun came over and sat between me and Rikku. Like he was afraid I would hurt her.

He kinda force his way into the small space between us thus causing me to bump shoulders with the person next to me – Yongguk. He started scratching the back of his neck and just looked away and talked to the members. I bow my head, I really wanted to thank him properly but I guess he’s busy. I heard someone clicked their tongue and looked towards the direction of the sound.

‘Daehyun ah~ I want to sit with Haneul ah~’ Rikku whined. Daehyun’s expression never changing always that same pokerface. He shook his head no and drank his water.

‘Daehyun Oppa~.. please~’ Rikku whined again but this time she gave him puppy eyes with a pout. Suddenly he stood up and nudge me to move over to sit with Rikku. I guess Daehyun has a soft spot for her. It was soon time to leave for the rehearsal at the board casting station.

I boarded the car, Daehyun pulled Rikku to sit with him at the back of the car. Im left to sit between Himchan and Yongguk. It will be…awkward.

‘Yah! Jung Daehyun! Why are you like that?!’ We all heard Rikku whined again.

‘Just stay.’ He replied in his cool and husky voice.

‘Yah~ Dae-’ We never heard Rikku sshi finish her sentence and we realized that Daehyun must have shut her up with his lips. Figures.

Himchan was nice to talk to me and made the ride more enjoyable for me. He even shared some funny stories about Rikku and Daehyun. He really knows how to make someone feel comfortable and relax around him. I don’t regret sitting beside him.

Yongguk did not say anything instead he just pulled his cap down and got some sleep.  When we reached there, I had to help Rikku unload all their outfits and accessories needed. While the boys rushed for rehearsals I helped pushed the clothes rack while Rikku carried all their accessories and their shoe bag on each hand. I helped carried two. We had to go through the security check point and get our staff pass before heading backstage to set up.

I saw a lot of fan girls waiting outside in the cold up front. Luckily, we came from the back or else I would be doomed! After we were done setting up, Rikku and I waited in the waiting room for the boys to come back from rehearsal.

We were having small chats again while Rikku went over the outfits again making sure everything is in place while talking to me. The door opened and the boys came flowing in noisily. Especially Yongguk and the younger ones Zelo and Youngjae. He is so loud and free around them but why does he not talk to me like that? Does he hate me? like always, Daehyun comes and kisses Rikku’s forehead before sitting beside her quietly.

I moved to give them some space and time alone. Himchan called me over and we just started to chat naturally. With Himchan, I can relax and talk to him without having to put up my guard.

Soon, the day ended with us going back to the dorm. It was really exhausting. Cause I had to rush to fix their clothes and make sure everything is in place. I totally know how Rikku feels and I really give her the thumbs up for still being cheerful in that kinda situations. She fell asleep against Daehyun’s chest as he held her closer and took his jacket off and place it over her.

When we reached the dorm, Daehyun carried Rikku in his arms all the way to our apartment. He told me to get the keys from her bag and I did. He went into her room and place her on the bed before kissing her good night on the forehead. I smiled at their love.

I got changed but I still could not sleep. So I went to the kitchen to make a cup of warm milk to help me sleep. After heating it up, I went out to the balcony to get some fresh air while drinking my milk. I still cant believe that this is happening.

Living in a nice and decent apartment and being take care of all seems so fresh. Though, it was kinda of a rough day but I pulled through and learnt something today. I smiled to myself before I heard someone cleared his throat.