Chapter 12

Together

Haneul’s POV

I jumped a little and looked to my right then my left to see Yongguk standing at the balcony next to mine.

‘A-ah.. You should not be up s-s-so late.’ he said stuttering again. ‘ I.. cant sleep..’ I replied as I looked down at my cup of milk. It was awkward again. just the wind blowing pass us and I looked at the sky – Omma..

‘Y-y-yah.. you you better b-b-be nice to Rikku o-or else Daehyun will kill you. S-sleepy, g-going to bed..’ he scratch his neck again.

‘Good night’ I muttered below my breath hoping he did not hear it. Omma, Im starting to slowly understand life and learning new lessons in life. Omma, if you are watching me from above, please guide me as Im slowly learning and watch over me. Bless my new found friends cause they haved allowed me to step out of the dark.

~~~~~~

Next day as usual the boys were really making a lot of noise. I got to sit beside Yongguk today cause Himchan had to leave early for his schedule. It was awkward as always, we would steal side glances at each other once in awhile. While the other members were fooling around making a fuss about something, Daehyun had given me nothing but stares since the moment he got in. I had a hard time eating cause I felt really uncomfortable. On one side I was stealing glances at Yongguk and on the other side I was being stare at. Talk about being lucky..

‘Daehyun ah~’ Rikku called for Daehyun and she cupped his face in her hand. She leaned in closer and place a gentle kiss on his lip. Everyone in the rom kept quiet and just stare at the couple. Rikku pulled away and beamed at a shocked Daehyun.

‘Daehyun ah~ you would listen to everything Rikku says right?’ she asked. He nodded his head as  soon as she said that.

‘So if Rikku say to stop staring at Haneul, you would stop right?’ she tilted her head while looking at him. he blushed a little and nodded.

‘Our Daehyun is the best~’ with that she kissed his cheek. He nodded his head again and ate looking at his plate. The members all blinked for a couple of seconds before they burst out laughing at him. They were teasing him and re-acting the whole scene. I giggled lightly afraid of getting caught.

‘Haneul ah~ About transferring schools, would you like to be in the same school as Zelo and Jongup?’ asked Rikku as she added more fried eggs to my plate. I looked up with a questioning look ‘Eh..?’

‘These boys *hit both of them at the back of their head* are attending Seoul’s School of Arts. It’s a good school’ She beamed as she spoke about it.

‘H-how did you know that I love arts..?’ confused at how she knew, its something not even appa knew about.

‘Well I saw your work on display at the school’s entrance. The Sunflowers. They were pretty.’ She beamed and reach across to pat my head.

‘Noona~ I saw that too! Its really pretty. It touched my heart!’ Zelo said as he place his hands over his heart and gave me puppy face.

‘Yeppies!’ nodded Jongup as he join Zelo in giving me puppy eyes.

‘We can take care of you~’ They both said at the same time.

‘Yes~ Oppa will take care of you’ Youngjae said as he patted his chest. The rest of the gang all took turns hitting his head.

‘So.. what do you think..?’ asked Rikku as she looked at me with hopeful eyes.

‘I guess.. It wont hurt to give it a try..?’

‘YAY!’ they all cheered as Zelo and Jongup both hugged me. I blushed at the gesture and I looked down playing with my fingers.

‘Y-yah!’ Yongguk came over and pulled them away. I looked at him confuse and for a moment I saw him blush. They started fighting and teasing each other. I was completely forgotten. I sat back and ate my breakfast. Is it really okay for me to allow Rikku to send me to school..?

‘Haneul ah~ I was wondering if you could go to the supermarket with Yongguk oppa..?’ the moment I heard that I felt my whole body turned to stone. Before I knew it, I was on the way to the supermarket with Yongguk. He had his hoodie over his head and a cap pulled all the way to cover his eyes. he walked slightly further from me afraid of getting caught. I nervously played with my fingers as we walked. I stole a couple of glances but I did not dare to say a single word.

*DING* I got a message. I reached into my pocket to get my phone and I saw a message from Rikku.

‘Haneul ah~ I know its awkward for you and Yongguk oppa. So I hope this trip to the supermarket will helped eased the tension a bit. HWAITING!’

 Great! This was all planned out. I guess I should try to get to know him since he kinda given me words of great value so Im really thankful for that but Im too shy to express it. I took a couple of deep breaths and decided to start a conversation with him.

‘Yongguk sshi, thank you for coming along..’

‘A-a-ah its nothing..’ he said as he walked ahead and went to get a trolley. He waited for me at the entrance, we pushed the trolley together. I took out the list of the things to buy as we moved according to the sections.

It was quiet like always as we moved without exchanging words. The supermarket was rather quiet for a Sunday, so there was not much people around the area. It felt nice to walk so closely beside him. We were walking by the cold preserved food section when an ahjumma stopped us and asked us to try some fried fish cakes. We stopped and tried not wanting to offend the ahjumma.

‘Aigoo~ such a young couple~ are you having children anytime soon?’ Both Yongguk and I choked on our food and blushed.

‘ANIYO~ we are just… friends..’ we both said at the same time. I waved my hand in front of me – no.

‘Ah~ Chinja? Aigoo what a pity, you guys look good together.’ We both forced a smile and slowly moved away from her. When we were far away from her, we looked at each other and gave an awkward smile again.

I stopped when I spotted my favourite brand’s tub vanilla ice cream. I stared at it and how I longed for it. Its been awhile since I had ate it. Omma used to buy it for me all the time. Yongguk noticed where I was looking and asked me if I wanted it. I shook my head and we continued to complete the list of stuff to buy.

Finally, we were done with the list of stuff to buy and were at the counter waiting in line to pay. When it was our turn, we laid the stuffs on the counter so its easier for the cashier to scan the items. I pulled the trolley to the end of the counter to put the bagged items into the trolley so its easier to carry later.

‘Excuse me, since its Valentine’s day, our supermarket has valentine day special offer for couples. Just prove to us that you’re a couple by kissing your lover and you could get a 20% discount.’

 

 

max_woo_lin would probably hate me for cliffhangers again! hahahas but too bad you gotta wait till tomorrow :)