Chapter 26

Together

Himchan’s POV

I was looking through the internet on my galaxy note about traumas and ways to cure it since she could have witnessed her Omma being abuse so it could cause a trauma. I searched about trauma cause by domestic violence and ways to cure them, I took a memo pad and wrote down the details.

I head tiny little foot steps behind me. I turned to see Haneul standing there with a tear stained face. I reached out and pulled her to sit next to me on the couch. She sat there quietly and I gently caress her face. She turned to look at me with those sad pairs of eyes. I felt a string in my heart snapped when I saw that. Why does someone as gentle and sweet like Haneul have to suffer like this? I beamed at her.

‘Are you hungry?’ she shook her head. I frown when I saw how sad she was.

‘Haneul ah, please don’t be this way. You should eat, your omma would hurt to see you hurt so much’ I tried to reason with her. Again she shook her head. Suddenly an idea popped in my head, I started making funny faces and messed up my hair. I danced around her like a crazy monkey hoping to make her laugh but again I got no respond. She just stared into the thin air and looks so helpless. I frown a little feeling sad that she was feeling so down. I sat beside her again and caress her head. She leaned against my chest and clings a handful of my shirt tightly.

‘Himchan.. Don’t let them get me’ I frown confused at what she meant by that.

‘Haneul, who are you talking about..?’

She choked on her tears and held me closer ‘…my father and his friends…’ she kept shaking in my arms. I was really confused by what she meant and decided to call my friend who is a psychologist. I begged her to do me a favor and help checked Haneul out. Haneul had been acting weird after this morning incident with my Noona. She agreed and promised to come over right away. I held her closely in my arms. She kept shaking and break into cold sweat.

Finally my friend came. I tried to move away to open the door but Haneul held me tightly. I had no choice but to carry her in my arms and open the door. My friend came in and place her bag down. I sat Haneul on the couch and sat beside her. She did not once let go of me. My friend introduce herself as Hayoung and wanted to shake hands with her but Haneul turned away and hid her face in my chest.

‘Haneul ah~ its okay, she’s here to help.’ Haneul looked at me and I gave her a reassuring nod. She reach out and shook Hayoung’s hand. Hayoung beamed at her and Haneul gave her a little smile.

‘Haneul ah~ Could you close your eyes and relax. Tell me whats wrong? Pretend that there’s no one here but you and me.’ Hayoung spoke calmly and gently place her hand over Haneul’s. Haneul nod and did as she was told.

‘Where are we?’

‘In a dark place. I could hear deep and husky laughters all over the place.. I feel hands grabbing me. I see my Omma getting her ears twisted and being kicked around. The laughters are all around and my Omma was crying. She tried to reach for me and she was begging them to not take me.. someone grabbed me and whispered scarily in my ear.. that Im next.. I tried to  runaway but they grab me and.. No! don’t let them get me!’ Haneul screamed as she held onto me tighter. Tears streamed down her face. She out a couple of seconds later. I gently place her down on the couch and took a blanket from the two seater’s couch and place it over her. Hayoung gestured for me to follow her to the kitchen.

‘It seems like whatever you did this morning triggered her memories. Some cases, a patient’s memories can be locked away by hypnotizing them. The incident this morning triggered her memories to return. I cant tell you what really happened back then but she must have suffered a lot. I’ll set up a appointment for tomorrow so take her down and I’ll see what I can do to help’

I sent her to the door and went back to the living room to see how Haneul’s doing. I caress her hair gently.

‘What happened to you that those memories were locked away..?’ I stared at her in pain.