Chapter 7: A Change of Feelings

Guy Like You

Jessica walked over to Jonghyun to look at the picture.

“Omo… It’s a nice picture!”Jessica exclaimed.
“Of course. I took the picture.” Jonghyun joked. Jessica just nudged him. “Ah, wae?~” He said, rubbing the spot Jessica nudged. “Ey~ It’s not like a nudge like that can break your arm.”
“Well, you know… you’re pretty strong and… I think it’s… Ow!”
Jonghyun said and bowed down.
Jessica looked at him worried. “Yah, are you okay? Did it seriously hurt? Yah.”
He then looked up and at her with a smile and they had eye contact. His smile disappeared at the sight of Jessica worried. For quite a long time, there was silence. And right from the second floor of the house, Jonghyun’s mom took a picture of them having eye contact. This is definitely going on my collection. She thought.

“So are you really hurt?”Jessica broke the silence.
“No, just kidding.” Jonghyun managed to say with a smile. Jessica was about to nudge him again. “Ai-”
“Yah.”
He interrupted while holding and moving his arm away from Jessica. “You might really break it if you nudge me again.”
“Arasso.”

“I’m home!”Someone, whose voice is familiar, said. They then both went inside the house and Jessica was shocked with what she’s seeing now.
“Jessica?” He asked.
“Minho?” Jessica asked as well.
“What are you doing here?” They both asked each other at the same time.
“Relax.” Jonghyun said, walking over to Jonghyun and putting a hand on his shoulder and looking at Jessica. “Minho lives here.”
“He lives here?”
“Yeah. Since 3rd grade.”
Jonghyun replied.
“Well, what about you, Jessica? What are you doing here?”
“She’s the one my mom told me we’re going to pick up.”
Jonghyun replied instead of Jessica. “See? I wasn’t lying.”
“Who said you were lying?”

Jonghyun smirked. “Pssh. Please. I know you guys thought I was lying.”
“No, just us guys. The girls have no reason to think you’re lying.”
“Uhhh… What are you guys talking about?”
Jessica asked them.
“Nothing.” They both denied.
“Dinner!”

The three of them headed to the kitchen and ate.

 

After dinner, Jonghyun was just about to walk inside his room when Minho stopped him. They talked for a while.
The next day, it was time for school.
Jessica just finished getting ready and opened her door to go downstairs for breakfast. Just as soon as she opened the door, Jonghyun was passing by. 
“Morning, Jonghyun.” Jessica greeted with a bright smile on her face. But Jonghyun, instead of greeting back, gave her a glare. Jessica lost her bright smile and that glare just ruined her whole day.
She walked to the dining room and ate. It was quiet. Jonghyun wasn’t talking, Minho wasn’t either.
The whole day at school, Jessica was not feeling comfortable every time Jonghyun’s around. But every time she glances at Jonghyun, he catches her and gives her glares. Jessica lost count of how many times Jonghyun glared at her.
They got home and there’s no words coming from Jonghyun. None at all.
“Jonghyun, wait.” Jessica stopped him. “Is something wrong? I mean, you were all nice yesterday and now you’re acting all cold and everything. Did I do something wrong?”
“I was just in a good mood yesterday.” Jonghyun replied coldly and continued walking to his room.