Chapter 5: Hotel Room

Guy Like You

 

Chapter 5: Hotel Room

“… I like you…”


Jonghyun’s eyes widened and there was a long silence. No one else was in that hallway as they were at the cafeteria. “Sorry… It’s just that… I…”
“No… It’s… It’s okay.” Jonghyun said. “But, Jessica… We’re friends. I really would just like us to be that and no more than that.”
“I understand.” Jessica then had a pout on and she looked down.
Jonghyun pretended a smile. “Hey, so that was why you were closing your eyes when you were ing my shirt. And, you did break my rib.” Jonghyun chuckled.
“I really didn’t mean it.”
“I know. Where do you get that strength by the way?”
“A few friends taught me how throw a football in San Francisco.”
“Well they taught you well.”
“I’ll go now.”
Honestly… I wanted to say yes… Jonghyun thought.
Jessica walked inside the classroom and Jonghyun’s friends came out of a corner they were hiding from.
“Dude!~”They whined. “Why didn’t you say yes?”
“She’s like different from the other girls who confessed to you.”
“He’s right. The other girls are overconfident and then slaps you when you reject them. She asked you with hesitation and didn’t slap you in the end.”
Jonghyun didn’t answer and just walked inside the classroom.
He and Jessica accidentally made eye contact and it doesn’t seem to break off until Yuri called Jessica.
“Jessica… Do you have a place to stay in tonight?”
“I’m still staying at the hotel.”
“How long are you going to stay there?”
“I don’t know. My parents said that a friend of theirs would come pick me up from the hotel and then I’ll live in their house.”
“Well, maybe we could visit your hotel room after school?”
“Sure.”
“Can we come?” Key, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere, asked. The girls were shocked.
“Ah! Key!~”  Sooyoung whined.
“Jessica, this is Key. First introduction, I guess? Yeah, he’s also been in this class since 1st grade.”
“So can we come?”
“We?”
“Yeah. Me and the others.” He then pointed at the boys. All the girls just looked at him. “What? She’s a new member of this class, we should get to know her. And... It's a tradition.”
“We’d over crowd the hotel.”
“It depends if the hotel’s big.”
Then they all looked at Jessica. “The hotel is… pretty big, I guess?”
“Then it’s settled.”
“Ai~ I can’t come.” Jonghyun said and then everyone looked at him. “My mom said we’re going to pick up someone tonight.”
“But hyung!~ It’s tradition that if there’s someone new in this class, we visit their homes!” Taemin whined.
“Yeah, well, my mom will kill me if I don’t come home.” Jonghyun said. “If my mom changes her mind, maybe I can come. Just give me the address.”
Jessica grabbed a pen and wrote on a piece of paper the hotel address and then gave it to Jonghyun.
After school, everyone except Jonghyun went to Jessica hotel room.

“Jonghyun-ah! Are you ready?!”
“Ne, Omma!”
They then went inside the car and Jonghyun drove off.
“Jonghyun-ah, drive faster.” Jonghyun’s mom whined.
“Omma, where are we going?”
“Uhhh… Let’s see…” His mom said, looking for a piece of paper with an address on it. “Uhhh… Room 147, Lotte Hotel, 1 Songong-dong Jung-gu.”
Jonghyun was shocked when he heard the address. He stepped on the accelerator and drove faster.
“That’s more I like it, Jonghyun-ah. Good boy.” His mom said, tapping the top of his head.
They went to Room 147 and knocked on the door.
A girl opened it.
“Who- Jonghyun?!”