Chapter 13: "I still do."

Guy Like You

 

-Jessica’s POV-

That overconfident two sided jerkface. Uuuuugh! Why was someone like that even born?!

Alright, I gotta admit. I still do have feelings for him. It was love at first sight, after all. But his horrible personality is just… demonic, I think.

Gaaaah. But I still like him.

Like that one time he did earlier. My heart wasn’t only skipping a beat, but 5 beats per second. It was so loud, I can actually hear it. I was dumbfounded, I didn’t know what to do. I just found myself moving my head away. I knew it was a once in a lifetime chance Jonghyun would do that, but it was worth it. Because that jerk didn’t mean what he said.

-Jonghyun’s POV-

Her expression just then reminded me so much of her. In fact, everything about her reminds me of her. The voice, the expressions, everything. And the way our faces were only inches apart, I can hear her heartbeat. It’s obvious she still likes me. ‘Cause I’m overconfident like that.

But I will do what I said I will. I’ll prove to her I’m the best guy she’ll ever meet, even if it’s of the most annoying of ways.

When it was time for dinner, we all went down. It was really quiet. None of us (Omma, me, Minho and Jessica) are talking.

Just then, Jessica’s phone rang. She answered it.

“Yuri-ah!” She exclaimed and then I looked at Minho, who slowly looked down, while Jessica excused herself and went to the living room.

“Yuri? Hey, isn’t that your girlfriend?” Omma asked Minho. Ai, Omma. You shouldn't have.

“Ohh… Uhmmm… Not anymore.”

Omma froze and looked at Minho. She put down her spoon and hit Minho’s head. “Pabo-yah?! How could you let a girl like that go?! What did you do?!” Omma interrogated Minho, squinting her eyes on him while pointing at him.

“Ai, Neul-Omma!”

“Don’t Neul-Omma me! What did you do?!” She asked again the same way, squinting her eyes while pointing at him.

“Something. Something… very bad.”

“And that something is?” She asked, but this time, normally.

“Omma, I think Minho has the rights not to say what that something is.”

“I have the rights to know what that something is. Now, Minho. What’d you do to Yuri?!”

“I… Uhmmm… I broke her heart.” He replied, trembling.

“Paaabo. Jeongmaaaaaaaaall pabo. Yuri’s a great girl.”

“I know. I want her back, I really do but…”

“Yuri’s too pissed at him.” I interrupted.

“Yah, don’t in with Minho’s business. Mind Jessica’s and your business.”

Minho and I almost choked. “Omma, what?” I asked, thumping my chest.

“Jessica’s a great girl, too, Jonghyun. Don’t you dare break her heart!”

“You and Jessica are together?!” Minho faced me and asked.

“Heck no!” I replied. “Omma! Nothing’s going on with me and Jessica and it will stay like that!”

“We all know that’s not true.” She murmured to herself but we heard her anyways.

“Omma! There is nothing going on with me and Jessica!”

“Whatever you say. But I gotta tell you, Jonghyun. Hurt her and you’ll be hurt in return. Don’t tell me I didn’t try to warn you later on in the future.”

“Huh. I won’t.”

“We’ll see about that.” Omma supposedly murmurmed to herself again but we heard it anyways. Omma really at murmuring to herself. Or maybe she meant that.

But anyways, what does she mean by that?

Just then, Jessica came back. She quickly finished her dinner and told us she’s going to meet the girls somewhere.

-Jessica’s POV-

So the girls are supposed to show me around Seoul  tonight. I asked them why at night. They replied with the city lights are amazing.

They told me to meet in front of the fountain in the park.

When I got there, I saw Yuri and the others there. They were talking about something. I assumed it was important so I decided to let them finish their conversation first and hid and waited for them to finish.

“Yul, are you sure you don’t wanna talk about it?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I’m not really sure.”

“You can tell us, Yuri. You know we’re here for you.” Taeyeon told her.

“I know. It’s just that…” Yuri bursted out in tears. “I loved Minho, I really did. And I still do.” She let out while the girls hugged and comforted her.

But… Minho? What’s she got to do with him- Ah!

I ran over to them. “You’re the girlfriend Jonghyun’s mom told me about!”