Chapter 12: "I'm just joking."

Guy Like You

 

-Jonghyun’s POV-

She was chuckling. “Jonghyun, seriously, stop.” She begged but I still continued tickling her until she fell on the ground. I still continued tickling her. “Jonghyun, I’m not responsible for your injuries if you don’t stop.”

“Please.” I replied. “You won’t hurt your favourite playmate, would you now?” I stopped tickling her and showed her my puppy dog eyes.

“Don’t act cute, Jonghyun.” She told me, mad. She stood up and went inside.

“Wait! I’m sorry!” I yelled to her as I followed her inside my house. She grabbed her bad and she went outside. She went on the car and I teared up as I watched her leave. And never come back.

My eyes opened so suddenly. It was just a dream. Well, more like a nightmare. Imagine having a friend leave you. Worst possible nightmare you’ll ever have.

All I can hear is the noise coming from my alarm clock, which was the reason I even woke up. I looked at it.

WHAT THE?! 8?! Class starts in 30 minutes! I quickly got up and got changed and didn’t bother to check anything else.

I arrived at school and everyone’s staring at me.

Ohkaaaaaaaay. That’s just damn creepy and waaaaaaaaaaay uncomfortable. The heck are they looking at-? Waiiit. My face! Dammit! Jessica’s drawings!

I was already freaking out until some girls approached me. “Oppa, you’re so childish. Coming to school with drawings on your face.” They told me with a >_< expression on their faces.

“Oh, it’s Jessica’s doings-” I accidentally said while kinda pointing at Jessica. Everyone looked at Jessica and turned right back to look at me.

You let her draw on your face?” They asked with a raised eyebrow. Then the whole surrounding is quiet.

Fortunately, the bell rang. Phew!

So I went to class and it seems like everyone already heard about who drew on my face.

The teacher then came in. “Sit down, class.” He told us, placing his bag on his desk. “Bonjeur, Jonghyun.” He joked. “You’re our new exchange student from Paris, I suppose?” He continued to fool around.

“Moi?” I decided to join him and mess around as well.

Everyone laughed.

“Okay, okay, that’s enough.” He said. “Let’s start class.”

And then the day passed without me washing my face and then talking in a French accent.

I saw Jessica walking to her room. She was just about to walk in but I stopped her.

“Hey.” I coldly called her.

“What? Are you mad I drew on your face?” She asked and pulled her tongue on me.

“Why you-!” I said, slamming my hands on the wall, trapping her inside my arms.

Then there was silence. For quite some time, we were staring at each other’s eyes with tension.

I scoffed. “Are you sure you don’t like me anymore?” I broke the silence and watched Jessica’s face go form expressionless, to a shocked face. “Because I’m kinda starting to like you.” I said, leaning closer to her. She moved her head away when our lips were only inches away. I smiled while moving my head to the side and moving it back to face hers. “I’m just joking.” I said, pushing myself away from her. I winked at her while clicking my tongue once and then walked to my room and jumped onto the bed.