Chapter 11: Angelic Voice

Guy Like You

 

“Jessica lives in your house?!”

“Yeah.”

“I-i-in your house?! As in the same roof?!”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Yes. Why is everybody going crazy about that?”

“You’re living under the same roof! I can’t even-!”

“Is it that hard to believe?!”

“Yes. I mean, she was the one you said you were going to pick up with your mom, wasn’t she?”

He rolled his eyes again. “Yes. She is.”

They then saw people murmuring from the door.

“Oh great. They know.” He then looked at Jessica.

“Are you blaming for this?!”

“Who else?! This is all your fault!”

“My fault?! Huh. You’re the one who said it and then it’s my fault?! You’re way out of your head, you two sided jerkface!”

Jessica then walked out.

“What was that about?”

Jonghyun didn’t answer and just left the room.

The day ended with none of them talking.

-Jonghyun’s POV-

Aiii. This is just so annoying. Now everyone knows I live with a girl from my class under the same roof. What the hell would they think of me?! They better not spread rumors about it, I swear. Aiii. And what? Jessica’s part of a school group called Girls’ Generation because of her voice?! The hell?!

I’m too pissed right now so I decided to get some fresh air and walked to the balcony. Only to find Jessica there. Again. Why is she always there?! She doesn’t own the balcony. I do. Aish.

Then I heard her singing. And they were right. She does have a good voice. In fact, it’s not good, it’s angelic. I was caught in this angelic melody.

-Jessica’s POV-

Now that guy’s really pushed the limits. And if talking to Krystal or cooking didn’t work, I’m gonna have to go with this.

I started singing. You see, whenever I sing, I leave reality. I close my eyes and forget everything. Sing without any worries. I imagine I am in my own fantasy land and sing all my troubles out.

-Jonghyun’s POV-

Her voice is… mesmerizing. It kinda reminds me of someone. She usually sings when she’s alone. I just can’t seem to remember her. And whenever I’m upset, she’ll sing If You’re Happy And You Know It to me and I’d always smile afterwards.

Remembering all the times we had together, I couldn’t help but smile.

I must seem crazy right now. Smiling just so randomly at the ground.

“Jonghyun?!” I saw Jessica looking at me. “W-w-what are you doing?”

“Just smiling by myself. What? I don’t have the right to smile now?”

“I just thought you were going crazy, that’s all.” She joked and then smiled like ^_^ while tilting her head. Is she trying to be cute? Pssh.

Alright. I admit it. She was kinda cute like that. Aish. What am I saying?!

I shook my head.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” She asked me once again.

“I said yes already.”

“Well, now you’re looking at the ceiling and it seems like you’re talking to yourself in your head and then shaking your head. Are you sure you’re not going mental?”

“I’m not.” Am I?

I wondered to myself again.

-Jessica’s POV-

This pabo. What’s wrong with him? First, smiling by himself while looking at the ground. Then, looking at the ceiling and shaking his head. And now he’s doing it again?

Well, he’s definitely going mental.

He doesn’t seem to remember I’m still here. And he looks like an idiot looking like that. I decided to take a picture of him, since I have my camera with me, and maybe blackmail him in the future.

I captured a photo. Click.

“Did you just take a picture of me?!”

“Ohh. You heard the click.” I replied, while pulling down my camera and I looked at the captured photo.

“What’s the picture for?” He asked. Hooo, you don’t wanna know, Jonghyun. You don’t wanna know.

-Jonghyun’s POV-

Why does she have an evil grin on her face? “Yah! Seriously! What is it for?!”

“Oh, I don’t know.” She replied. “You look pretty stupid in this picture. What do you say I blackmail you? Hm?” She teased.

“Hey!” I tried to grab the camera from her but she moved away too quickly.

“Mehrong!” She pulled her tongue on me.

“Hey!” I tried again but failed.

She ran to her room and locked the door.

I kept slamming her door. I swear, if she posts this online, she’s dead.

“Jessica, once you leave this room, you’re dead!”

“Try me!”

“Oho, I will! I’ll wait here until you come out!”

“Fine! Not leaving this room until tomorrow! Sleep there, see if I care!”

“I know you will. I am your love at first sight, after all.”

Silence. I got ya’ there, didn’t I?

“Huh. You wish. I might’ve liked you when I first saw you but you have a horrible attitude. You might be good-looking but I’ve seen better!”

“What did you just say?!”

“You heard me!”

“Ho! I’m going to prove to you I’m better than all the guys you’ve known!”

“Huh. You won’t succeed, you jerk.”

“Soon, you’ll be calling me your crush!”

“In your dreams, dino head!”

“Hey! I hate being called a dino!”

“Exactly.”

She’s done it. It’s on, Jessica. I will make you see I am the best guy you’ll ever know.

The next day…

-Jessica’s POV-

Aiiiii. Still so sleepy. But it’s 5:30 AM. I’m gonna be late for practice. I quickly got dressed and went ouside.

I saw Jonghyun sitting on a chair next to my door; his head tilted to the side.

This jerk stayed here all night? Well, he’s serious. I went back inside and grabbed a blanket. Oh! And a marker, of course. Now come on. Where’s the fun of seeing someone asleep without drawing on their faces?

I drew a French moustache above his lips and a pointy beard from under his lips to his chin. Then drew glasses around his eyes.

I’m surprised he hasn’t woken up yet. But anyways. I wrote him a note and covered him with the blanket. I took a picture of him and left for morning practice.

-Jonghyun’s pOV-

Dammit! My neck hurts! I massaged it.

Why the hell did I even sleep here? Aaaaaah. And why the hell is there a pink blanket on me?! I stood up and saw my hand holding a piece of paper. Bonjeur it says. French? What? I went down to the kitchen for breakfast before getting ready because… I’m hungry.

I saw my mom there. “Where’s Jessica?”

“Oh, she left me a note saying she went to morning practice.” She replied, her face glued to what she’s cooking.

I sat on one of the stools in front of the counter table and waited for breakfast.

My mom turned around holding a plate and placed it in front of me. When she saw me, she froze. I was already eating when I saw her staring at me.

“What?”

“What’s wrong with you?!”

“Nothing.” I replied. “Why do you ask?”

She gave me a mirror.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My face! My handsome face! I look French! Wait a minute… Bonjeur.

“Jessicaaaaa…” I whispered her name while closing my eyes.

Omma smirked. “Jessica did that?”

“Omma, it’s not funny!”

“Well… You gotta say. She got you. Hard.” She replied, holding in her laugh.

Great. Now even my own mother is laughing at me.

I skipped breakfast as mom’s really teasing me. I went upstairs to my room and jumped onto my bed. Aaaaaaah~ So comfy. So soft. Aaaaaaaah~ Oh yeah~ That feels good. Oh yeah. I know I should be getting ready but this is just so comfortable. Just five minutes. I closed my eyes and relaxed.