Chapter 10 :)

Guy Like You

The next day, Jessica went to school early. She didn’t bother to have breakfast either.

“Where’s Jessica?” Haneul asked her son, Jonghyun.

“How would I know?” Jonghyun replied. “I thought she was already down here.”

“She wasn’t in her room?”

“Nope.”

Haneul was getting really worried so she dialled her mobile.

“Hello?”

“Jessica? Where are you?”

“Oh, I’m at school already. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. You were still asleep when I left.”

“Well, what about breakfast?”

“I had some on the way to school, Neul Omma. So don’t worry about me.”

“Oh. Alright.” Haneul then ended the phone call. She put down her phone and hit Jonghyun’s head.

“Ow! Omma! What was that for?!” Jonghyun asked his mother while rubbing his head.

“What’d you do to Jessica?”

“What? I didn’t do anything to her.” Jonghyun replied. “Aish, seriously, Omma. You didn’t have to hit me.”

“Well why did she go to school early then? Is she trying to avoid you?”

“Wha- I don’t know.”

“Alright. Just eat.”

Then Jonghyun went to school. He got to their classroom only to find just the guys in there.

“Where are the girls?” He asked the others.

“We don’t know. Maybe they’re not here yet?”

“No. Jessica said she’s already at school. She left early in the morning.” Jonghyun said. The others all turned their heads on him and stared at him. “What?” Jonghyun asked.

“How would you know that?” The others, who have no idea Jessica lives in his house, asked.

“Oh damn.” Jonghyun murmured while hiding his face.

“Jonghyun, what’s going on?”

Jonghyun hissed.

“Tell us, bro.” Nichkhun told him.

“Alright.” Jonghyun gave up. “Jessica’s the girl my mom and I picked up the other day. You happy?” He then marched to his seat and sat down.

“So… so… Let me get this straight.” Siwon said. “Jessica. Lives. In your house? Your house? As in… you live in the same house together?”

“Yes, hyung. We do.” Jonghyun said while rolling his eyes.

“And-”

“Ai, I don’t want to talk about it.” Jonghyun said, standing up from his seat and going out the classroom.

Seriously. What’s wrong with everyone today? Jessica left early without telling my mom. My mom hits me in the head. The others interrogate me. Ai~ Jonghyun thought while walking around.

He then heard music playing and he saw a room where girls are dancing. He went to peek from the door. He saw Jessica with the rest of the girls from his class.

What? What is this? He asked himself.

“Oh? Jonghyun-ah!” Sunny stopped dancing when she saw Jonghyun peeking from the door. So did everyone else.

Jonghyun walked inside. “What is this? What is going on?” He asked.

“Dude, chill.” Taeyeon told him.

“But you never told the others about this. You formed a dancing group?” He asked back.

“No. The school did. We’re one of the song and dance groups representing the school.”

“How come we’ve never heard of this?”

“Because 1, this is only for girls right now. 2, I… don’t know.”

“But since when was this group formed?”

“A few months ago. But Jessica got some voice, so we let her in.” Hyoyeon said. Jonghyun then looked at Jessica.

“We’re called Girls’ Generation.” Sooyoung said.

“Now why were you peeking in just now?” Taeyeon asked.

“What? Ohh… Uhh… I just… I just wanted to tell Jessica she made my mother so worried.”

“Shush!” Jessica yelled at him.

Then everyone looked at Jessica.

“They don’t know.” Jessica told Jonghyun, frowning.

“Don’t know what?” Tiffany asked.

“Jessica lives in my house.” Jonghyun told the girls.

“What?!”