Chapter 9: Shin Sekyung

Guy Like You

“That one’s done. But it still did not make me feel better.” Jessica told herself and sighed then pouted.

For a long time, she kept fidgeting with her phone and the only thing that can be heard are the birds chirping. She kept her head bowed down with a pout on her lips.
Until she came up with an idea. She raised her head with a shocked but happy at the same time face. She turned around and ran to her room. She grabbed her camera and then ran downstairs to the kitchen. Jonghyun was able to hide so she didn’t see him. When she passed by, he went back to his room.
Let’s try you. Jessica thought to herself. She then wore an apron and cooked something.
After cooking, she took a picture of it with her camera.
 
 
Jonghyun’s mom then came. “Jessica, are you cooking?”
“Uh yeah. I hope Neul Omma doesn’t mind.”
“Oh no, not at all.”
“Thanks, Neul Omma!”
“Hey, you’ve finished one!”
“Yes. You want some, Neul Omma?”
“Sure.” Jessica handed her a spoon and she tasted it. “Mh-hmm. Wow. This is delicious.”
“Jinjjayo? Thank you, Neul Omma!” Jessica thanked with a big bright smile on her face.
At least the thought of that two-sided jerk face is out of her mind… for a while, at least.
“Hmmm… You know, Minho once had a girlfriend who could cook.”
“Uhhh… Is that so?” Jessica asked, now eating with her.
“Yeah. She’s really good too. Too bad Minho never brought her here. She cooks when we have a picnic but that’s all. And I wonder what happened to the two of them. I don’t hear about her anymore.” Neul Omma said, then putting some noodles into .
“Ohhh… Well, Neul Omma, I’m going upstairs to my room.” Jessica said, placing the spoon on the side of the plate.
“You’re not going to cook anymore?”
“Aniyo. I just did it to get my mind off… some things.”
“Alright.”
Jessica then walked to her room. But unfortunately, on the way there, she bumped into Jonghyun.
Jessica moved out of his way and Jonghyun coldly passed through without uttering a Thanks or even a single word.
Jessica continued to her room.
Ugh! Why did I have to bump into him?! Right after I forgot all about him?! Ugh! Now he came back in my mind. What to do now?! Jessica thought. She stared at the ceiling until she slowly fell asleep.
-
Jonghyun just got to the kitchen and saw his mother eating.
“Omma! Why didn’t you tell me there’s food?! I’ve been hungry for ages!” Jonghyun ran to her and grabbed the spoon on the side of the plate and used it to eat.
Then something rang. Jonghyun saw Jessica’s phone on the counter table. It was vibrating and it was ringing.
*Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe.*
Both the son and the mother looked at each other and then at the phone.
Jonghyun decided to answer it.
“Yeobeoseyo?”
“Unnie! I got some- Wait, you’re not unnie! You’re a guy! Where’s unnie?!”
“Relax. She’s at my house.”
“You’re house?! What?! What is going on?!”
“No, no, no, no, no. Don’t take it that way!”
His mother sighed. “Jonghyun, hand it to me.” She said, putting her palms out and looking at Jonghyun with a poker face.
Jonghyun handed the phone to her.
“Hello? This is Kim Haneul.”
“Auntie!”
“Krystal? Wow, is that you?”
“Yes, auntie. It’s me.”
“Oh, have you grown? Well, what am I saying, of course you have. It’s been what, years, since I last saw you.”
“Ai, Omma. I’m going upstairs.”
“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” Haneul replied to Jonghyun.
“Auntie, was that Jonghyun Oppa?”
“What? Yeah.”
“Oh, I wanna see how he looks like now!”
“Krystal, Jonghyun might be good looking, but he’s single. Well, he’s single but he’s mentally taken.”
“Oh! I think I know who he’s taken by.”
“Of course you do. So… how’s your cousin?”
“How’s who, auntie?”
“Your cousin. Sekyung.”