Chapter 8: Sister

Guy Like You

 

“What?”
Jonghyun smirked. “I’m normally like this. I was just in a good mood yesterday.”
“Oh, so, you’re not really that nice? Now I wonder why I even liked you.”
“Oh? You’re going to stop liking me, then?” Jonghyun smirked again. “I doubt that.”
“How can you know?”
“You liked me the first day we met. Even confessed on the same day. But really? Why the hell would you do that?” Jonghyun asked her with an “are you dumb” tone. “Do you really expect me to like you? Please. Why would anyone in this world like someone like you?” Jessica pushed him away and ran to her room.
Jonghyun spotted Minho leaning on a corner with arms crossed and was listening to every word they said.
Minho walked over to him and sighed.
“You went overboard, Jonghyun.”
“What are you talking about?”
“By what I said last night, don’t you think you’re doing too much?”
“It’s the only way.”
“Whatever you say, Jonghyun. But just remember, you’ll regret what you’re doing in the end.”
 
Jessica’s POV
 
Jessica lied on her bed and stared at the ceiling.
That jerk. Why in the world did I even like him in the first place?! Jessica sighed. Stupid love at first sight. I should’ve listened to the saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” I should’ve known he’s not that kind of guy. That overly confident jerk. Uggggggh! He was just in a good mood yesterday?! That was why he was acting all so nice?! Why would anyone in this world like someone like me?! He went a bit too far on that. Ugggggh! If only, if only. Jessica shook her head. There’s only one thing to do when I’m like this.
Jessica got up from her bed and grabbed her phone and went outside to the balcony. She dialled a number. But it’s not a Korean number. 
*dialling*
“Hey, yo! It’s Krystal! Wassup!”
“Kryssie!”
“Unnie?!”
Jessica chuckled.
-
Jonghyun could hear chuckling from the balcony. And it’s from a girl. Jessica. He thought. Just the thought of her makes him so pissed. Jonghyun got up and marched to the balcony.
There, he saw Jessica, smiling and talking to someone on the phone. But he couldn’t hear who she’s talking to. Jessica’s already close to someone?
-
“Unnie, calling already? It’s only been 2 days.” Jessica chuckled again.
“I missed you too, Krystal.”
“I’m just joking, unnie. But, really, what’s wrong?”
“How’d you know there’s something wrong?”
Jonghyun’s eyes widened.
“Unnie, let me quote.” Krystal cleared . “ ‘I will call you straight away if something’s wrong.’ So… what’s wrong?”
“I don’t really want to talk about it, Kryssie.”
“Then why did you call?”
“I needed some company.”
“Omo, unnie! Did someone pick on you?! Mom! Someone’s picking on unnie! Buy me a ticket to South Korea!”
“Ahahaha. Nice try, Krystal. But you’re not going here just yet.” Jessica told her sister with a bright smile.
“Daaaang it! But I really wanna go there!”
“And you will. Just… not right now.”
“I wonder why Omma and Appa let you go there and not me. This is so unfair.”
“I don’t know either, Krystal. They said it was something important, so they sent me here.”
“Still so unfair.”
“Alright, Krystal. I’m going to hang up now. Continue being cranky, okay?” Jessica chuckled before ending the call.
Jessica let out a big sigh.