Chapter Eight - Late Night Phone Calls

Remember Me

 

A month passed since their beach trip and things went somewhat back to normal for Junhyung. He had rarely seen Gi since then, unless Doojoon invited him over for a drink or two as Gi and her friend were always there. He found that even his time with Doojoon became somewhat limited as he was always out doing something. It was only during their weekly beach trip did they actually have time to themselves. Junhyung had his suspicions about what his friend was doing during the rest of the week but didn’t bother to discuss the subject with Doojoon much as he didn’t really want to think about it. He went on with his usual activities – going to work, coming home, fixing up dinner, watching a late night movie, and then going to sleep. As monotonous as his routine sounded, he rather enjoyed the alone time.

Keeping busy with work helped him to train his thoughts never to stray to Gi too often and when he saw her, he was considerably less anxious each time. He began to let go of the fact that Gi clearly didn’t remember anything and tried to move on. He let his interests float around a bit and he even began to take notice of Miyoung. They texted each other often, sometimes having lengthy phone conversations.

This one night was like most others and Junhyung was on the phone with Miyoung.

“Okay, so you, your Mom, Doojoon, and your cousin were stuck in a burning house, you had found a way to escape but you could only bring one person – who would you choose?” Junhyung scoffed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“What kind of question is that?!” Miyoung giggled on the other line.

“The kind that plays with your mind – and also shows who you favour the most.”

“Hah, you think you’re so clever. Well I’d choose my Mom.” He heard Miyoung gasp.

“What about the other two, don’t you care about them at all?!” Junhyung rolled his eyes.

“You said to only pick one and I chose my Mom!”

“Aish, so cold Junhyung-ssi – Fine, here’s another one…”

“Bring it on.” Junhyung smirked.

“You were invited to a party and say you were only allowed to invite one guest, who would you pick, Gi or me?” Junhyung’s smile disappeared and was replaced by a troubled frown. He knew that the question was somewhat of a joke but he found himself taking it a little more seriously than necessary.

“Well?” He could practically see her smiling to herself and so he decided to play it off as a joke.

“Gi just because you’re totally messing with me right now, hah.”

“Oh really…” Uh oh. He heard that tone of voice from every girl he’s ever encountered. Was she really disappointed in his answer? A silence grew between the two and Junhyung struggled to fix his mistake. What the hell do I say? Ugh, I made it so awkward…

“Uh, but if it makes you feel better, I’d actually ask you.”

“Hmm…” Her voice was slightly happier and Junhyung sighed in relief.

“What are you sighing for?” She asked suspiciously, back to her upbeat self.

“N-Nothing; Anyway I should get off now, I have work tomorrow.”

“Aw you’re no fun! I’ll text you tomorrow though, I have something to ask you.”

“Why don’t you just ask me now?”

“I have to talk to Gi about it first and then I’ll let you know tomorrow. Have a good night Junhyung-ssi!”

“Hey Miyoung, drop the formalities will you? I never liked them to begin with.” He then heard a soft laugh.

“Okay Junhyung, good night.”

“’Night.” He pressed the end button and then plopped down on to his couch. He held his phone loosely in his hand and stared at it. That last question definitely caught him off guard. They had always played a game of “Choose” whenever they were on the phone. Questions like that were normally asked jokingly, but never had she asked him to choose between her and Gi. He wasn’t even entirely sure that Miyoung wasn’t being serious when she had asked but he was content in knowing that he seemed to have passed some sort of hidden test.

His lids were beginning to get heavy and so he shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts and got up to go to his room.


A/N: AGH, horrible update and it's so short too, I'm sorry! To be honest, I think I'm losing it for all of the fics I'm writing. I'm at a block and I just have no idea what to write next. I mean, I have chapters that are ready to be posted but...we'll see. Thanks for the comments guys!

P.S. Check out my songfic drabbles (CL x Junhyung) over HERE.