Chapter Two - Discomfort

Remember Me

 

“What took you so long? Were you flirting again? Aw, you got rejected didn’t you?” Doojoon wrapped his arm around Junhyung’s shoulder but Junhyung shrugged it off.

“Oh shut up hyung.” This was why he didn’t like to talk to girls, because they get so huffy. She doesn’t even remember who I am. While he walks towards the passenger side of Doojoon’s car, the silver SUV beside them pulled out. He took a quick glance at the driver and saw that it was her.

“That was her.” Junhyung said to no one in particular.

“Huh, say what?” Doojoon was busy looking at his phone and then looked up to see a very exasperated looking Junhyung. Junhyung just sighed and climbed into the front seat. Doojoon then started talking to him about work and other things, much of which Junhyung wasn’t paying much attention to. His mind was still on that girl...Maybe it’s just been a little long since then. But wouldn’t she recognize me anyway? She hasn’t changed but maybe…maybe I did?

“Hello?” Junhyung snapped out of his daze and noticed that Doojoon right in front of his face, startling him.

“ARGH!”

“OW! Dude, calm yourself jeez!” Junhyung shook his head and then got out of the car, slamming the door behind him. Doojoon pressed the button on his key, the car beeping and locking itself. He was rubbing the place where Junhyung had hit him and proceeded to the front doors.

“So you live here huh?”

“Yup, you jealous?” Doojoon grinned at Junhyung who rolled his eyes. They walked over to the elevator and Junhyung pressed the ‘up’ button. They watched the numbers slowly decrease, until the blinked a bright red ‘G’. The doors opened and they stepped inside and Doojoon pressed the number 11 and the doors were about to close when they heard a shout.


“Hold the doors please!” You shout, holding your car keys and sunglasses in one hand and carrying the bags with the wine and ice cream in the other. You jog up to the elevator doors and sigh in relief when you see them re-opening for you.

“Thank you so much I really – hey, it’s you again!” You walk in and see the man that you had bumped into at the wine store with Doojoon.

“Oh, Gi-ah!” Doojoon exclaimed in delight. You turn to him and your frown instantly turned to a warm smile.

“Ah Doojoon-ssi, annyeong!” You bow towards him and try to ignore the other man standing there, though you can’t help but notice his surprised expression. You step inside the elevator and Doojoon presses the number 10 for you.

“Thanks Doojoon-ssi.” He laughs and then shakes his head.

“I told you already Gi-ah, call me Doojoonie or Doojoon-ah.” You just giggle and then wait as the elevator takes you up through the floors. However, the ride isn’t comfortable because you can feel the man’s eyes on you. You fidget uncomfortably and are grateful when the doors slide open and you step out on to your floor. You mumble a little goodbye to Doojoon and try to rush out but there is someone holding on to your bag. You turn and expect to see the man but it was Doojoon.

“Oh Doojoon-ssi are you okay?” You notice that Doojoon’s expression was briefly shocked and then it turned to a small grimace.

“Ah y-yes um would you like to join us for…” He glances at your bags and then smiles sheepishly at you.

“Uh…well…sure…?” You say, not wanting to be rude. You awkwardly walk back into the elevator with Doojoon and the doors close.


Sorry that this is such a short update, I'll try and update the next chapter as soon as possible to make up for it. I'm currently working on the Christmas fic requests (which are now closed) as well as my other multichapter "Showtime!" Of course, I'm not sure if I'll post that particular fic here at AFF but I just might (: Anyway, thanks for the comments, thanks for subscribing, and thank you for reading!