Chapter Seven - Dreams & Memories (Part Two)

Remember Me

 

The next four months came and went and Junhyung and Gi became inseparable. They were often mistaken to be a couple but the both of them had constantly dismissed all rumours with a shy smile or a scoff. Junhyung was the best friend Gi had never had and Gi was what Junhyung considered to be his first real friend. They hung out a lot outside of school and studied together. Gi also made many acquaintances in her class but none were as close to her as Junhyung was. It was now routine that Junhyung would walk her home, and they always stopped by the park for a bit before parting ways. February approached and the girls in their class began getting giddy with excitement.

“Gi, are you going to give anyone chocolate?” Gi shrugged and didn’t answer. One of the other girls smirked at her and leaned in.

“I bet you want to give one to Junhyung.” Gi rolled her eyes and sighed.

“How many times do I have to tell you guys that we’re just friends?” She felt a pat on her back and became frustrated when the girls all gave her a sceptical look.

“So you won’t mind if we gave him chocolate, do you?” Gi shrugged again and looked at her phone.

“You do what you want; I don’t really do this kind of thing anyway.” She said and began playing a game, trying to ignore the odd twinges of jealousy nudging her brain.


The day passed by rather quickly and Junhyung and Gi took their usual path home, stopping by the park as usual. They each chose a swing and took a seat, talking about things that went on in their day.

“Oh hey, the day after tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day right?” Gi suddenly remembered her conversation earlier that day.

“Yeah why?” Junhyung asked.

“Nothing, but you should expect to see at leave five or six chocolates.” Gi said with a grin and Junhyung’s eyes widened.

“From you? Wow, I had no idea Gi…” Junhyung joked, earning him a punch on the shoulder.

“No stupid, I was talking to a bunch of the girls earlier this morning and they all told me they were going to give you chocolates. You didn’t tell me you were so popular!” It was Gi’s turn to joke and Junhyung rolled his eyes.

“They give me chocolates every year without fail. Looks like this year won’t be any exception.” Gi and Junhyung laughed and they sat in a small silence when Junhyung spoke up.

“Are yougoing to give one to somebody?” By the tone of his voice, Gi could tell that he was only half joking when he asked and she became slightly uncomfortable.

“I don’t really have anyone to give it to…”

“Oh…” The silence became slightly awkward and Gi chose to say something more.

“Well there is someone but I don’t know if I should or not.” She said and Junhyung looked at her with wide eyes.

“Really, and who might this ‘someone’be?” He asked but Gi just smiled and shrugged.

“Good question.” Before he could say anything more, Gi jumped off the swing and began to walk away.

“Yah…Yah…Kang Gi! Who is it?!”

“I don’t know~!” She said with a big grin on her face. She then stopped and turned to face Junhyung who was surprisingly close.

“Let’s just say you know him very well.” With that, she gave a little wave before walking up the driveway and into her home.


A/N: Hey guys, this is the second part of Junhyung's dream/thoughts. It's fairly short so expect another update very soon! I want to write a little more before I update with the next chapter, so please be patient. Thanks so much for all your comments ♥