Chapter Three - Acquaintances

Remember Me

 

Junhyung wanted to apologize to Doojoon but wasn’t able to because Gi was right in front of him. Something had taken over Junhyung and he pushed Doojoon into Gi, hence the reason why they were caught in this predicament. He glanced at Doojoon who narrowed his eyes at him to which he mouthed a ‘sorry.’ The elevator doors opened again and Gi stepped out followed by Doojoon and Junhyung who trailed along at the end. He heard Doojoon talking to Gi rather animatedly and felt a small twist in his stomach but chose to ignore that feeling. They had reached the end of the hallway and finally stopped in front of a door. Doojoon pulled out his keys and opens the door, letting Gi go in first. Junhyung walks in and widens his eyes in surprise.

“Wow, you’re actually clean.”

“Ha-ha Junhyung. Gi-ah, let me take that for you.” Gi had just slipped off her white baby doll shoes and handed the two bags to Doojoon. Doojoon rummaged through the wine bag and took out the Magnotta wine bottle. Junhyung smirked which he immediately tried to hide, going on unnoticed by either Doojoon or Gi.

“Oho, white wine I see. And you were about to have this all to yourself, poor thing. It’s good that I just happened to invite you over.” Junhyung felt a little disconcerted when he saw Gi laugh and playfully hit Doojoon on the shoulder. He cleared his throat and walked past them into Doojoon’s living room, collapsing on to the white sofa. The soft leather felt cool under his skin and he out his legs up on the small mahogany coffee table.

“Feet off the table dude! You have no idea how hard it is to clean that thing.” Doojoon snapped at him and Junhyung rolled his eyes and lifted his feet off, plopping them on to the carpet with a small ‘thud.’

“I can help if you want Doojoon-ssi.”

“Not if you keep calling me that! Besides, I’m just getting the little bowls and teaspoons, I can handle it.”

“At least let me take this stuff to the table.” Junhyung watched this exchange silently, the gut wrenching feeling still nagging at him. He desperately wanted to say something but he knew that it wouldn’t come to anything good. Gi walked over to where he was and he quickly turned his gaze to the window. He could feel her looking at him but he didn’t dare turn until she spoke.

“Um hi…” He tried to fit a bored expression on to his face before turning to her. It must’ve worked because she wasn’t wearing a very happy face.

“Oh hello there.” He kept his voice as monotone as possible, all in an effort to seem nonchalant about her presence.

“So what’s your name?” His heart skipped a beat. She really doesn't remember a thing! He thought to himself, slightly disappointed but somewhat elated at the same time.

“Junhyung, Yong Junhyung and you’re Gi, right?” His heart beat faster, past memories rushed through his veins, his hands felt clammy and he waited for her response. She'll remember now, I'm sure of it.

 

“Nice to meet you Junhyung-ssi, and yes I’m Kang Gi.” Junhyung tried hard not to let his mixed emotions show on his face. The adrenaline had suddenly gone, leaving him feeling limp. The girl of his past was sitting with him, face-to-face and with no memory of him or anything at all for that matter. He tore his gaze away from her face, afraid that she would see his longing lining the expression on his face. He could still feel her eyes on him and was grateful when Doojoon walked over with three wine glasses and the tub of ice cream.

“Nothing fancy, but you really shouldn’t be hogging the wine and ice cream all to yourself.” He heard Gi giggle and saw Doojoon smile cheekily at her. He felt something rise in his chest but ignored it and stood up.

“I’ll get the bowls and spoons.” He walked hurriedly into the kitchen and opened up the cupboards, looking for the appropriate sized bowls and three spoons. In that time, Doojoon had opened the wine bottle and began pouring a small amount into each of the glasses.

“A little bit more please.” He turned around with the bowls at hand and saw Doojoon’s eyes widen slightly.

“Really?” Gi nodded and smiled, looking a little sad.

“My alcohol intake is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. Sometimes I like to take advantage of that…” Her voice trailed off as Doojoon poured a little more of the opaque liquid into her glass.

“Are you upset at all? Are you drinking away your feelings?” Doojoon asked carefully and she just smiled again and shook her head.

“No, but it gets lonely sometimes so I like to indulge from time to time.” Junhyung gulped and turned back around, closing the cupboard and quietly walked back to the living room, placing the bowls and spoons on the table. Gi had looked up and he saw her staring at him intently from the corner of his eye. Doojoon took a seat next to Gi and handed her the glass while Junhyung opened the tub of ice cream and grabbed a bowl and spoon.

“How much would you like?” He looked at Gi but struggled to look into her eyes.

“Um two scoops please.” She said, still watching him. Junhyung ignored the small twist in his stomach and looked away once again. He continued scooping out the ice cream, serving himself some as well and then he sat back down.

“Hey, aren’t you going to ask me?” Doojoon looked incredulously at Junhyung who smirked.

“You’re capable of scooping out your own ice cream hyung.” Doojoon rolled his eyes and picked up his own glass and raised it slightly.

“Okay, we might as well toast to something while we’re here.” Doojoon looked from Junhyung to Gi who both raised their eyebrows.

“Um…”

“To companionship.” Junhyung said suddenly, to which Doojoon and Gi exchanged surprised expressions.

“Yes, to companionship!” Doojoon smiled after and the three of them hit each others’ glasses, a soft clink came about as their glasses touched. Junhyung’s hand had briefly brushed against Gi and he quickly pulled away and took a sip from his glass, his skin suddenly tingling in the place where he felt Gi’s hand. She apparently hadn’t noticed this small exchange of skinship and drank from her glass. The rest of the afternoon passed by rather quickly and Gi was slowly warming up to Junhyung while he tried his best to keep calm throughout the whole thing. Doojoon was constantly making Gi laugh and Junhyung couldn’t explain why he felt agitated every time he did so. Nonetheless, the three of them enjoyed themselves until the sun had long since set. They had become even better acquainted with one another and ended up exchanging numbers.

“You know you don’t have to be lonely all the time.” Doojoon said as Gi opened the door to leave.

“Just call us up whenever you want company.” Junhyung spoke up and gave her a small smile to which she blushed and nodded.

“I’ll keep that in mind, thanks guys.”  With that she left, closing the door behind her.


Sorry, it's another short update but I'll try to update as fast as possible. School has just started again and so my prime focus is that at the moment. I hope you like it! Comments are always welcome (: