Chapter 3

You Can Call Me TaeJun

 

You got to the washrooms and it suddenly dawned on you: How am I going to go into the girls washroom and come out a boy, or go into the boys room and come out a girl?

You stood in front of the two doors for a few minutes just looking back and forth between them.

How in the world am I supposed to do this?! What if I...No....Or how about...No...

An idea would pop into your mind but they weren't any good, you slumped against the door in between the two washrooms. When you did a sign fell on your head.

Owww...” You grumbled and picked up the sign while rubbing your head.

Janitors Closet. Hm, that could work.” You got up and tried the door, and luckily for you it was left unlocked.

You looked around the hallways and quickly ducked inside and locked the door, then started changing.

First you had to take out the extensions which was harder than it sounds especially in the dark. Next you had to wrap your chest with some gauze but when you were taking it out you ended up tripping over it and knocking over some supplies, causing a huge ruckus. You froze and held your breath worried that some one heard. You didn't hear anything and let out a sigh of relief and continued to wrap yourself.

Okay, now the hard part. You have a mole on your neck that your brother doesn't have, it was the only way your friend could tell you two apart when you were younger. The difficult part is you don't have mirror so you can't see where it is, for now you just left it since you didn't think anyone would notice.

While you were changing into your brothers clothes you heard someone putting keys in the lock.

” You said under your breath, you had to think fast.

Mmmmm, oh yeah~” You moaned in a overly high pitched voice.

Call me oppa~” You said in a deeper voice.

The turning of the lock stopped and you heard retreating foot steps.

That was close.” You finished changing and exited the room to see a group of students standing in front of the door.

Uhhh, sup.” You said trying to imitate your brother.

They looked into the room and when they saw nothing they dispersed.

You shrugged and walked in the direction of the room, when you got there you didn't see anyone and you also saw that your room mate, Baro, had already unpacked.

You set your bag onto the chair of the desk when you saw a picture in a pretty frame. It was a picture of a boy and his mother and father, you assumed that the boy was Baro. He looked cute in the picture, smiling and holding both his parents hands.

What are you doing?” You whipped around and saw Baro exiting the bathroom...with only a towel around his waist.

You stared wide eyed with your mouth hanging open, but then came to your senses and closed your eyes then turned around. It the process thought you dropped the picture and the frame shattered.

Oh no, I'm really sorry! I can buy you a new frame or-” You were cut off.

Get out.” He said with a dumbfounded face, and a quiet tone.

Pardon?” You stood up from kneeling on the ground.

GET OUT!” He shouted this time startling you.

You ran out the door and tears were forming in your eyes already.

You ran down the hallway and then bumped into some one making you fall to the ground.

Hey! Watch where your-...Dude, are you...crying?” The guy bent down to your level.

You looked up and through your watery eyes you saw a guy with glasses and longish brown hair standing in front of you.

N-no, I'm f-fine. Sorry for bumping into you.” You got up and bowed a little.

What ever, it was an accident. Anyway, can you help me find room 31? I'm looking for my friend.” He said smiling now.

Oh, your friends with Baro?”

Yeah, do you know him?”

I'm his room mate, but I'm going to see if I can change rooms. I don't think he wants me to come back.” You told him feeling kind of guilty recalling the hurt look he had in his eyes.

Why, what happened? Usually Baro is a chill guy.” He said looking confused.

Well...there was this picture on his desk, and I kind of...broke it...” You admitted.

Wait, was it a picture of him and his parents?”

Yeah, but it wasn't on purpose! You see he scared me and I dropped it...”

He put a hand on your shoulder, “Man, you screwed up big time.” He said honestly, which made you kind of annoyed.

I know! He looked really mad, and now I don't know what to do! I can't go back there of he'll eat me!!!” You began running scenarios in your head where he murdered you in your sleep.

You heard him laughing. What the heck?! Why is he laughing?! I'm about to DIE and he's laughing!?!! You looked at him bewildered.

Whats so funny?!” You crossed your arms and pouted.

Did you just say that he's going to eat you? Pwuhahahahahahaha” He clutched onto his stomach and fell onto the ground.

Hehe, did I really say that?” You scratched your head in embarrassment and looked away.

He got up and settled down, “Well, I don't think he's going to eat you.”

You let out a big sigh,

But, I wouldn't go near him. That picture was of him and his dead parents.” He said in a serious voice.

You looked at him, “Dead? How did they die?” You wondered out loud.

It was some freak accident where a truck hit their car. Baro was the only one that survived, it was traumatic for him. Ever since then he lived with his grandparents.” He explained the story and now you felt 100 times more terrible than before.

Oh my gosh! I'm such an awful person! I deserve to die! Why am I so stupid, and clumsy!! Urgh!!!” You started banging your head against the wall.

You know if you do that for and hour you'll burn 150 calories.” He said leaning against the wall beside you.

You stopped hitting your head and turned to him giving him an 'are you serious' look.

This isn't the time for health tips! What does it matter how many calories I burn! People won't care how much I weigh in heaven!” You were really getting annoyed now. Usually you were a shy person when you first met someone but in a situation like this there was no time to worry about first impressions.

Clam down, you just need to give him some space. And try not to bother him, he's actually nice when you get to now him.” He gave you a reassuring smile that made you melt a little. You almost forgot you were supposed to be a boy.

But what do I do now?” You said turning around and leaning and the wall beside him.

Let me go talk to him, I'll try and help but no guarantee’s.” He said giving you a soft smile.

Okay. And you promise he won't kill me in my sleep later?” You held out your pinky.

I promise.” He pinky swore, and you smiled back at him.

 

At the time that you were talking to Baro's friend Baro was cleaning up the broken glass.

He put on some clothes cleaned up the mess, then picked up the picture and put it safely under his pillow.

Sitting down on his bed he was slightly crying but he quickly wiped it away not wanting to bring back those memories. He looked over to the desk and saw your bag. Glaring at it his sadness turned into rage.

He strode over to it and dumped its contents out, now he was looking to get revenge.

He was shocked by what he found inside.

What is this stuff? Girls clothes?...girls deodorant?...What the hell is this?! Hair?!” He threw the extensions across the room in disgust and continued looking forgetting about his revenge.

What else is in here?” He ped another pocket and many pads fell out.

What the hell is this?!” He started to wonder what a guy would want with pads when a knock interrupted him and he quickly put everything back into the bag.

Oh, Shinwoo hyung. Whats up?” Baro asked seeing who was at the door.

Nothing the guys and I all finished unpacking and we were wondering if you wanted to come eat with us?” Jinyoung asked sitting down on the chair.

Nah. I, um, have something else to do.” He glanced at the bag still curious about what he found.

Okay, if your sure. By the way I met your room mate in the hall. He seemed pretty sorry, I think you should go easy on him.” Jinyoung said remembering how guilty you looked before.

Wheres the fun in that?” Baro asked with an evil smirk on his face.

Jinyoung laughed and shook his head before leaving to meet up with the guys.

 

You on the other hand were wondering around campus too scared to go back. You walked around for hours and hours until it got dark.

I think he should be asleep by now, its nearly midnight. You slowly and dreadfully started your walk back to the dorm.