Chapter 10

You Can Call Me TaeJun

 

DAN DAN DAN DA DAN DAN DA DAN DAN

“Mbljahjjdhsjk~” Suddenly awoken by my alarm I sat up in bed with my eyes still closed as I stretched my arms out widely, forgetting about the bunk above my head.

“Ouch!” I retracted my hand quickly and rubbed my sore knuckles, all while struggling to open my eyes.

“Morning.”

Opening my eyes enough so I could see I looked to my left to see Baro exiting the bathroom...With only pants on.

I gasped and quickly turned around and covered my eyes just to make sure I wasn't going to see anything I didn't need to this early in the morning.

“Y-yah! Go put on a shirt!” I yelled still not facing him as my cheeks began to burn.

“What difference does it make?”

“Excuse me? What difference does it make? The way we go to the bathroom makes a difference! The little blue and pink symbols makes a difference! The fact that I can't grow a beard makes a difference!”

“Actually now that you mention it, you have been getting a little stubbly around the old mustachio.” He teased, but I wasn't amused.

“Hey MoFo! Say that to my face!” Still keeping my hands in place shielding my eyes I turned back to him and stood up.

It became silent until I heard slow foot steps.

“I said...” I felt him pull my hands away, “You need to start shaving.” I gulped at the closeness of his face to mine.

Too shocked to do anything I just stared into his eyes. You know I never noticed but his eyes are a really pretty shade of brown...that is when he isn't glaring or scowling at me.

Realizing I had been staring for a while I looked down and hoped he was wearing a shirt, and lucky for me he was.

I let out a small sight but my muscles tensed noticing that he still hadn't let go of my hands. Feelinf a weird sensation in the pit of my stomach I began to feel uneasy.

“U-uhm, w-we're going to be l-late.” In the awkward situation I managed to utter these few words.

“Oh, ahem yeah.” He let go of my hands causing them to fall back to my sides.

Quickly I bounded for the washroom careful not to make eyes contact.

“I'll make breakfast after getting ready.” I spoke reaching the bathroom door.

“Nah, I'll just something to eat in the caf.” I nodded slightly taken aback by his response, since not once in the two weeks I've been living here did he ever tell me I didn't need to do something for him...not even indirectly like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Exiting the dorm houses I speed walked to the lecture hall I had to get while brushing the hair out of my face messily. Worried about if I was going to make it I checked my wrist watch. While I was focused on my watch I crashed into some one causing me to stumble back a bit but before I could completely fall down I felt a hand on my lower back supporting me.

Opening my eyes I once again met with a blond boy, but a different one this time.

“Oh, minahae!” Standing up I bowed slightly.

He chuckled, “No worries! I'm Daehyun by the way!” He smiled happily.

Hmm, that names seems familiar...didn't YongGuk Oppa mention him...

“I'm TaeY-Jun.” I kept my poker face on ignoring my little slip up and hoping he would too.

“Nice to meet you, um, were you in a hurry to get some where?”

“OMO! I almost forgot!” I began walking again and he followed lightly jogging until he caught up with me.

“What class do you have?”

“Vocal training!” I uttered trying to keep my voice steady as I began to lose mu breath. -_- gotta work on my stamina.

“Me too! Lets go!” He grabbed my wrist and we began running.

Well this guy is awfully...friendly. How refreshing, after being stuck in that stuffy dorm with the monster all this time.

I smiled slightly at the prospect of my new friend.

“Okay we made it with...5 minutes to spare!” He opened the door and we both stepped in glad that the instructor hadn't arrived yet.

Breathing heavily I made my way to a seat in the middle row, as soon as I sat down I felt the relief in my sore legs.

“I shouldn't have walked all of those laps in gym...” I mumbled to myself still trying to calm my heart rate.

“How do you sing with such weak lungs?”

Slowly I rotated my head to face the person beside me, who was Daehyun, with a glare on my face. But it slowly faded and was replace with confusion.

“Wait, since when were you in this class?” I pointed a finger at him.

“Since I started at this school...Today.” he nodded and I put my finger back down.

Boy, when Oppa said he just started here he really meant it.

“Okay! Today I'll be testing everybody's vocal strength.” the teacher announced from the front and the room filled with muffled groans.

For me it wasn't much of a problem since I was confident in my vocal ability, but what I wasn't confident in was performing in front of people. Don't get me wrong, I can do it. But I get a little nervous and my margin for error gets a bit wider.

“But before that we have a new student to welcome. Mr. Jung please introduce yourself to everyone.” (A/N I'm not in university so I'm not sure if they do this, but just pretend they do at this school :P)

Daehyun stood up and bowed to the class, “Annyeonghasaeyo, onureun Jung Daehyun imnida.” The professor nodded and Daehyun sat back down.

“Yes, and even though this is your first day I still want you to take part in this examination. Although I'm sure you'll do fine seeing as you're here on recommendation from Director Kang himself.”

“Neh, I won't disappoint you Seongsangmin!” Daehyun replied energetically while I stared at him with my mouth agape.

On recommendation? From the head of the school, Director Kang himself.

“Good! I'm sure none of you will disappoint me, so let us begin. Anh Daniel you're up!” The Mr. Choi began testing the student's vocal range by checking how many octaves up they can go and how precise the note pitch is of each student. (A/N I don't know if they actually do this, so again please bare with me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mr. Choi continued to call students in order of the list and we were now in the 'J' section. As he was slowly approaching my name I began to get more and more nervous. And hearing the painfully honest criticisms Mr. Choi was giving out, I was becoming vexed thinking about the possible error I might make.

Like, what if I make a mistake so bad that everybody has a heart attack and just dies?...Okay, maybe my wild imagination and nerves aren't a great combination...But still, it could happen.

“Jung Daehyun show us what you've got. Please start when you're ready.”

Daehyun got up from his seat assuming a straight posture and began going up the scale increasing his pitch along the way.

Listening closely I counted his octaves as he went up.

1...2...3...4...5...6!...7!...8?!

“Impressive Mr. Jung. Okay now match this pitch.” Mr. Choi played a not on the Piano, which I recognized as a B flat.

I watched as Daehyun cleared his throat and delicately took in air before singing in perfect pitch.

Mr. Choi marked something onto his clipboard before continuing on to the next note, a D.

Again he matched the note and this continued with success on his part all the way up the high G.

“Excellent job Mr. Jung, just as I suspected please take your seat now.”

“Gamsahabnida Seongsaengnim!” Daehyun responded giving a light bow before sitting down and turning to me.

“How'd I do?” He asked with a small smirk tugging on the corners of his mouth.

“Fishing for compliments are we now? Psh, how pathetic.” I feigned disgust as I pretended to scoff at him.

“Oh, jealous are we now? Psh,how pathetic.” He imitated my tone and I just rolled my eyes refraining from sticking my tongue out at him. Do guys mehrong/stick their tongues out at each other? Anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sooner than expected we had passed through the K's and much to my dismay there weren't any more 'Lee's' other than me left.

“Alright, Mr. Lee TaeJun! Please dazzle me, since your high school vocal marks aren't as high as the rest.” The class began to snicker, but I was unfazed seeing as those were my brother's marks. And I wasn't really surprised, I mean he did skip almost all of those classes. Where as I on the other hand did all of his homework (which is probably why he didn't fail), and since my school didn't offer a vocal class I also studied from his books when mom wasn't home.

“Everyone settle down.” The class became silent once again, “Thank you, please start when you're ready.” Mr. Choi raised the clip board in front of him ready to mark as the rest of the class turned to face me.

I swallowed anxiously and took a shaky breath.

Yikes! Here goes nothing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup guys! Did you enjoy this chapter? I kind of left it as a cliffhanger I guess :P So she met Daehyun now! I didn't really go into much depth about his character yet, but look forward to it soon :D 

Well I should probably get to sleep now since I have to wake up at 10AM tomorrow so I can spent 4 hours in the car driving to Toronto -_- but at least I get to see my brother! He's been in Kenya for 3 months so I'm excited...I bet he's really tan now XD

Thank you to my subscribers once again! And I know it may not seem like much but I've hit double digits with 12 wonderful subbers!! Technically I guess I should have posted this 2 subs ago but yeah...Well I hope you guys have a good night/morning/afternoon/evening today/tomorrow/...yesterday...I love you guys ^ 3 ^ thank you for the support!~