Chapter 12

You Can Call Me TaeJun

 

HELLO!! Looky! It's an update :D

And i'm doing this authors note at the beginning because I want to thank the three of you who voted up this story!! Or one of you who voted three times(?). KAMSAHABNIDA!! I thank you sincerely for voting! (you can't see me but I literally bowed to the screen) AND especially since voting takes up so much karma D: 

So, without further a due, I present to you this update! I hope you enjoy it and continue to subcribe! Thank you again for subscribing and reading!  

TAEYUN'S POV

 “So where to first guys?” The 7 of us stared down the street; each side lined with food stalls that emitted scented steam clouds which warmed up the cold October air. I closed my eyes as I took a big whiff joy, yes joy, and exhaled in content. Though the sounds of pounding sneakers brought me out of my trance and back into reality. I slowly traveled behind them looking around at all of the stony building and glass covered high rises in the distance. There was an air of nostalgia, but not for this town. I felt a tugging at my insides. I yearned to be back home with the guys and Oppa. Sure I was with them now, but the setting was miles off.

“TAEYUN!!!! WE'RE OVER HERE!!!” I jerked my head to the left to see Yongguk waving his arms at me, quickly I turned and ran to him.

“Sorry Oppa! I just got a little distracted.” He nodded as we walked over to the rest, who were all ready placing their orders. The two of us watched in amusement and slight pity as the woman at the stand struggled to keep track of the on going orders the boys fired at her.

“So what were you thinking about, anyway?” His question caught me a bit of guard, as it was so abrupt.

I smiled slowly as Zelo and Jongup bickered childishly, “Thinking about the good old days...”

“You sound like an Ajumma.”

“Yahh~ If I'm that old how old are you, Oppa?” He elbowed my side jokingly. “But I really do miss being back home.”

“I see someone is homesick, hm?” Youngjae handed me a small bowl of dokkbokki and, from the small traces of sauce on his face along with the lack of rice cakes in my bowl, I could tell he hadn't gone straight to me after he bought it.

“A bit--” I handed him the napkin that had been wrapped around my chopsticks so he could erase the evidence of thievery from his face. “--but don't you guys miss it too?” We found a table off to the side, dragging chairs from other tables to accommodate the seven of us around the two-person table.

The boys – besides Daehyun – nodded in agreement.

“Why'd you leave home, then?” I looked at Daehyun a bit perplexed, “I mean if you didn't want to leave, why did you?”

The table turned to face me, prompting me to mentally glare at Daehyun as I formed an excuse for why I was here. Miles away from home...secretly attending an all boys school where I share a room with a boy. They watched me squirm.

“Yeah, that's true. You didn't really mention why you're here, we just assumed it was for school.” Himchan stated, obviously wanting an answer.

“Great! – er, um – Yup, I moved for school! That's the reason, without a doubt!” I smiled easily, since technically I am attending school. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Why would I need to mention that it's a boys school? As long as I say school I'm telling part of the truth!

“Oh, which one?”

Well, damn...

So now I have three main options: 1) I come clean and free my guilty, lying, cheating conscience. 2) I make up the name of a university and hope for the best. 3) I could flip the table and run away in the midst of commotion.

“Don't you go to TS Arts Academy?” Daehyun suddenly spoke as he sipped his tea, breaking the intense stares I was getting, “Your brother told me that's where he usually picks you up.”

Whaaaaat??? My brother never said that! I should know, I'M MY BROTHER! Well for the time being...

“That all girls one?”

“Way to go Yuni!”

“Your mom actually let you go?”

“Isn't that the school with all the pretty girls?”

The five boys took a moment to appreciate the apparently stunning girls at the school that I'm apparently attending.

There was a non verbal exchange between them before they nodded together.

“Say, TaeYun?”

“Neh, Oppa?” I cocked my eyebrow at Youngjae.

“Shouldn't you be getting back to school?”

I checked my phone for the time, “But I still have two hour before curfe--”

“We better get going now! We wouldn't want you to be late!” Jongup and Himchan lifted me out of my chair.

“Uh huh, wouldn't want that now would we?” Rolling my eyes I let myself be dragged to the car.

The seven of us split ourselves up between the two cars; Jongup, Zelo, and Youngjae in Daehyun's Car, and Himchan and I in Yongguk's car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

We pulled up to the school and waited by the gate for the other four to arrive.

“What's taking them so long?” Yongguk checked his watch anxiously, while Himchan had his face glued to the metal bars of the gate – creepily – looking in on the female students.

“Himchan Oppa, if you keep at it long enough your face is going freeze to the metal.” I chided jokingly but he didn't budge. “Fine, suit yourself.”

“There they are.” The four walked up the side walk. Though, it seemed that Jongup, Youngjae and Zelo were skipping more than anything.

“Noona! Can you show us around campus?” Zelo bounced to me and latched onto my arm, lowering down to my height to rest his head on my shoulder.

Gulping, I began prepping myself for all of the possible trouble I might get into if we – I – got caught.

“Sure, let's...go” I spoke hesitantly before walking into the open gates.

I kept my guard up for any security that might be patrolling. And luckily there were none, as well, while I scanned the campus I noted that everyone wore normal clothing instead of uniforms. This almost – ALMOST – guarantees that I wont get caught. But, the looks I'm getting don't seem to be very good... I suddenly became highly aware of the six boys – who probably looked like a pack of wild dogs hunting for prey – trailing behind me.

“Guys--” I spoke loud enough for them to hear without turning my head, and waited for them acknowledge me. But of course they couldn't pick up my frequency in their little Paradise. And so, I gave up on even trying to scold them.

“TAEYUN?? MY CHINGU!!!” I was suddenly smothered in a tight hug, I believe the term is Glompped?

“Oh, Sohee!” Or as I now think of her my saviour. I pulled back from her embrace, “Chingu! May I have a word with you?”

“Okay!” She nodded.

I sighed and turned to the boys, “YOU!” I stuck my finger out pointedly as I spoke with a slightly higher volume, finally catching their attention, “STAY! Don't go anywhere!” The nodded in sync with widened eyes. I held up a thumb, then proceeded to pull Sohee off with me.

“Okay, I can explain this. I really can. Just give me a chance. I SWEAR I can explain!”

“Okkie dokkie, I'm listening.” She smiled calmly, not seeming to be alarmed in the slightest.

“Well...I can't exactly explain everything right now...out in the open an all. BUT I will later! For now just pretend that I got to this school. Please?” I anticipated her response, ready to break out the tears and puppy-dog eyes if necessary.

“You promise to explain later?” I nodded furiously as she chuckled at my desperation, “You got a deal.” She held her hand out and I shook it, “But, you owe me all the details. Because this looks juicy.” She smiled miscievously.

“You don't know the half of it.” I sighed and lowered my head.

“There'll be time to spill the beans later. For now, I think we better get to your friends before someone calls animal control.”

“Ah, so you see the animal quality in them too?” We chuckled, as we jogged back to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After the introductions, we moved to the music department. While we walked there Sohee pointed out the different buildings, and gave out bios and relationship statuses when ever asked to. She may have found it amusing, but I was appalled that these were the same guys who avoided me for a good month after meeting for fear of Cooties.

“And this is the music department, we can hang out in the music room. Since it's usually empty.” She went to open the door but was intercepted by Himchan who held it open for everyone.

I stopped in front of him as the other entered, “Sorry, Oppa. But she's taken.” I patted his shoulder sympathetically, only to be shrugged off.

“Che, I guy can't be chivalrous without being questioned in this day in age.” He raised his nose in the air and stalked of.

“Well, sorry! Maybe you wouldn't be questioned if you popped your eyes back into your head!”I called after him before following.

Walking down the hall I peaking into the windows of different doors. Most were recording studio's, but there were also some band rooms, and other music rooms with one piano in the center and other instruments surrounding it.

I entered the room behind Himchan seeing that the rest were already seated around the piano and on extra chairs.

“Hey, where did Sohee go?” I questioned not seeing her, as I walked further into the room.

“She got a call and said she had to attend some practice.” I nodded in understanding. “But she said we would be fine if we stayed here, since the back door for this room leads directly out of the school.” Jongup gestured to the door located at the back of the room.

“Cool.” I nodded and pulled up an empty chair beside Zelo. I was astonished that everything had gone so smoothly up until now. Though, it felt like if I even had the slightest though of something going wrong; Trouble would come knocking at the door.

“What are you doing here?” My eyes widened in shock.

Looks like Trouble would rather just barge in instead...

“Waahh~ It's the pretty Noona!” Gongchan waved to me excitedly from the door way, as the rest crowed behind him. I returned the wave with a half smile in his direction before I looked back to gauge the reactions of the six.

“H-hey, guys. What brings you here?” I stood up nervously.

“We were going to see if Sohee was here, so we could get lover boy off our backs.” Jinyoung jutted his thumb over to Sandeul who scowled slightly.

“Oh darn! You just missed her.” I snapped my fingers feigning disappointment. “Well by! It was nice seeing you all, we should do this again sometime! Say Hey to TaeJun for me Baro-sshi!” Spinning Gongchan around, I pushed him out the door with the rest of them forced out as well. Once they were gone I closed the door and walked back to my seat, but once again the door swung open revealing the five.

“I think we'll just stay here for a while.” Baro strode in with his hands in his pockets as he scanned the boys faces. Glancing at me he clucked his tongue and leaned against the piano with the others following behind him.

I groaned internally and slumped into my chair in defeat.

This cannot end well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Now, because i haven't updated in forever here are some gifs :D And a funny fact for you guys, while writting this chapter I listened to Run With Me by SHINee 55 times without noticing > . < So that's roughly 3 hours...hehehe...

Also, for those of you who didn't know Daehyun is my bias and...

...So is Baro ^ - ^