Red Velvet is better than Chocolate Milk 1

Hey Love? — Musings of the Kindest Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Red Velvet is better than Chocolate Milk — 1

 

I tapped the last of my credit card to pay for the groceries I had accumulated for the last two hours at Walmart.  Laughing at myself, I entered again hoping to find something else because, why not?

 

Wandering around the shelves of worthless piles of kitchen wares,  and bathroom necessities.   I may want to upgrade my shower head because Tiffany wanted to have those drizzled like innovative slash expensive shower heads but nah, not now.  I am quite pissed off at her, to be honest, so she will not have the luxury of that shower head for maybe two weeks max depending on my mood.  I am honestly still so in love with her to dismiss her happiness like that.
 

I passed onto the next roll of my shopping cart, I was suddenly in the section of laptops named Alien Ware.  What the .  I grimaced at the disorganized array of shelves.  This is not helping my OCD at all,  I would arrange these without any compensation if given the chance but I decided against it.

 

One, it would be brutal.

 

Two, it would be funny.

 

Three, why would I even do that?

 

I came here to get off some steam and seeing this just made me want to barf.  So I stroll past to the dairy section.

 

Ahh, here it is.  Food.  I live for food.  So does the love of my life who lives with me in my humble abode despite her having a big apartment downtown.  Storage spaces are less than a hundred dollars if I remember correctly, not an apartment that houses two living rooms and a room filled with makeup.  It was left to gather dust and the couch is almost around my age now with how its back creaks when someone sits on it because Tiffany has this liking of making love there.  She kinda likes my presence better maybe? Heh.

 

But I am pissed at her.  So I continued to stroll.  Around and around the food hub, the shopping cart came to a halt with a loud shriek.  This branch of Walmart needs to put some lubricant on their wheels it is damn rusty! So I saw some fish with big eyes and I smiled.  I bought two of those fish and I would store them in my refrigerator just right beside the carton of cereals and that stupid damned chocolate milk.

 

And then I bought two video games from the gaming section and one pint of my favorite mint chocolate ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s.  The best ever oh my god.  I will definitely embody the Netflix and chill tonight.  Nothing can stop me and no one will stop me from achieving that.

 

I decided that I would get sloppy with my spending and be a petty mess just to irk my ever-so-beautiful girlfriend who thinks that being this overly friendly with my neighbor named James is a good feat to do.  He just moved in a week ago and Tiffany had accepted his offering or rather to his words, “A homemade chocolate milk for a great neighbor! Nice to meet you, I am James.”

 

Well, James, I am Taeyeon and I am the owner of that apartment.  So you should give the chocolate to me.  My fault for being a workaholic that I came home late that night arriving with a happy Tiffany and a jug of chocolate milk.  It is indeed great, to be honest, I did sip a glass until I decided that my patient had run out and I needed a beer instead in order to appease my green monster.

 

He absolutely abused his welcome when he continued to give Tiffany the chocolate milk over the past week.  How can a certain sane person give so much of a Thank-you gift to the same neighbor every day? This is a building, not a duplex with a two-door opening dumb idiot.  He must’ve loved Tiffany’s eyes and decided he would have that every day as his own personal redbull.  Nu-uh.



 

I took the lift to my apartment and heaved a breath carrying my large grocery bags within the confinements of my lanky arms.  I carried the keycard in my mouth and gripped it tighter with each passing step.  I was happy when I reached my door only to find James yet again with another jug of chocolate milk in his hands.  Oh for goodness sake of heavens and earth God help me I will definitely sin.



 

“Hey, Taeyeon right? Tiffany’s girlfriend?” Oh god, he knows? Then how come boundaries are never in his vocabulary? Oh right, it is limited.



 

“I will marry her because I already proposed last summer in Europe, and she said yes.”  I smiled, full teeth and gums.  Eyes twitching like a pendulum clock I slowly gaged his reaction which by far struck me as a confirmation that this man on a mission is jealous.  

 

I suddenly felt the urge to dance in front of him with the choreography of a mic drop or like those cringe TikToks of men holding the land down under acting like baboons with high egos.  Not a good sight at all but it is the best way for him to get the message.  The girl is taken.  Unless he has potions of mixed elixirs of love potions there and an ample amount of brain neurons that will help him with mind control like Professor X–I certainly do not understand why he has the audacity to come back.

 

“Oh, congratulations.” James awkwardly smiles.



 

“Thanks.”  I punched my keycard in my door and with the last ounce of my self-respect I looked at him and asked,

 

“Do you happen to need anything from me or Tiffany?” I stuffed (more like hurled) the grocery bags on the shoe rack but James does not need to see that you see.

 

He nods and brings the jug of that brown potion at his eye level, “Made some more chocolate milk for her.  She said she likes it so here it is.”



 

“Ah, she is not here, I can give it to her later.  Is that all?”  



 

“Oh,” He disappointedly laughed as he massaged his neck.  He can’t seem to utterly accept the fact that what he seeks will not come in his favor right now.

 

“I wanted to give this to her myself.  Just a small gesture of my thanks for welcoming me here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter