Oceans and Paper Planes 1

Hey Love? — Musings of the Kindest Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oceans and Paper Planes — part 1.


All the while she was totally obsessed with looking at the clock as each second passed.  Like a time lapse but in slow motion if that even makes sense, she felt it rush past but somehow it lacks urgency. Perhaps way too slow for her liking.

Her knees continue to go up and down, fast. Biting her nails and eyes droop at the lone piece of  paper in front of her.  Blank and seemingly mocking her abnormal brain buzzing with thoughts and loopy handwritings of unseen waves of anxiety. 

As if down on the cue, the door opened. And seconds ticked faster much to Taeyeon's silent disappointment.  How can it even go way past a minute when all she did the moment Tiffany stepped into the room was gawk and stare.  Her anxiety is history in a jiffy. 

Tiffany smiled back at her, oh dear was she beautiful.  Taeyeon mustered a soft smile, well that was maybe how it looked from her own perspective. Or not.

"You look constipated." Sneered Sooyoung at her side holding up her perfectly manicured nails in front of her, eyes bent sideways towards Taeyeon with a rather knowing smirk of her own.

Sooyoung is about a 5 foot 8 giant equipped with a bigger head that of a great nosy fly with big wings flapping around the small yet confused Kim Taeyeon.  She was nothing short of a social butterfly but Sooyoung's head is big not because she was nosy but because it is—together with a Mean Girl reference, full of secrets.

"Do I really look like that?" Taeyeon wonders.  Cheeks puffed in a shade of scarlet.  

"Relax, keep it together.  Tiffany is just ..well..damn she is pretty.  I understand you." Sooyoung deflates, slowly clapping almost nodding at Taeyeon at a miniscule speed.

"Hey guys!" A whiff of rose came to knock in Taeyeon's personal space.  She is always wary of how good Tiffany smells but she is never conscious of her reaction every time that scent invades her rotten world.

And so Taeyeon looked up, feeling her constipated face stretch into a grimace as she fought back her lips from trembling. 

Goddamn it.  She just wanted to smile.  Like. Normally.

"Hey Fany! Oh my god!" Sooyoung bellows, and Taeyeon swore something clicked on her ear drums.  Something like it punctured in with a mere sound of Sooyoung's shrill voice of excitement.

Her tall friend hugged Tiffany acting like she was surprised upon meeting the pretty face.  As if she is not grilling Taeyeon earlier. 

Tiffany's smile never faltered, in fact it grew wider when she embraced Sooyoung back.  

"I saw the bunk beds in the West Hall dorms and it is way better! Can you ask the Dean to allow me to be your roommate? I DO NOT SNORE." Came Sooyoung's enthusiastic reply.  Leading Tiffany to sit with them.

The auditorium is enormous.  With a lone wide stage in front and some velvet cushioned seats that are similar to a theater but drizzled with minimal fanfare.  

But Taeyeon felt like the whole thing is currently being crumpled and definitely being stuffed inside her consciousness as the whiff of rose became stronger.  Tiffany sat beside her. Oh goodness gracious of Choi Sooyoung.  

Taeyeon sat awkwardly right at the center of heaven and hell. Surely enough Tiffany is the angel and Sooyoung is the devil that wears Louis Vuitton.  She is already sure that the piece of paper she is holding for her dear life is now down to a ball of goo. 

"Hey Tae." Tiffany nudges Taeyeon slightly, eyes sparkling. Teeth shining. Taeyeon crashing.

Error 404. Taeyeon blinks.

"H-hi." 

"You had a paper! Aww you really had followed the instructions in the bulletin! Cute!!" Tiffany as if on her heart eyes emoji mode claps.  It must be a big deal for people like her to see normal people follow instructions like isn't this what they have posted on the Information board? 

"Uhm..they said to bring one." Taeyeon mouths slightly folding that piece of paper back slowly until hopefully it reaches her pockets and disintegrates.

"Just optional.  They just wanted us to not forget our dorm room numbers.  But you can just memorize it." Tiffany beams.

"Right."  Taeyeon shoved the ball of paper on her bag.  Deflating of shame.

Sooyoung then echoes, "Taeyeon follows like a puppy.  Isn't she cute Tiff?"

Taeyeon slaps her hands, swiftly but with a sheer amount of force.


"Very much so.  I wouldn't mind having you as my roommate Tae." She hears that sentence loud and clear but it sounded so off Taeyeon  heard it like she is beside a glass tank. Muffled and she felt light headed she almost burped.

Why is being gay so hard?

"What about me? Come on Fany your hall is amazing.  The Dean is practically your dad!" Sooyoung pleads.


"Dean or not he does not handle room assignments though.  Besides we are here to get the room numbers already assigned to us by the committee."

"It is just a two week camp, why can't they let us pick the rooms of our choice?" Grumbling while opening up a soda, Sooyoung commented.


"If I ever get the West Hall, you can have it." Taeyeon sighs. Sooyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter