Oceans and Paper Planes 5 - Last Chapter

Hey Love? — Musings of the Kindest Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oceans and Paper Planes – the last one.

 

It was a harrowing sight and she felt nauseous.  The angry waves crashed onto the metallic hull that was not seen from the angle she was in.  However, as she looked at the gala behind her, she felt the urge to throw up at the random classes of socialites all engaging in fake camaraderie of some sort.  Yet those warm eyes looking directly into her were dark and rather inquisitive as her head tilted to the side.

“Come here.” Tiffany gestured for her little fluff ball to go to her, and Taeyeon did.  With her black pantsuit and white sneakers.  Definitely a style the cruise heiress had managed to put out there. 

“What are you doing here? Are you bored?” Taeyeon had brought her to the space beside her and engulfed her in a side hug.  The girl had indeed brought her to the cruise gala and Tiffany had experienced the time of her life greeting and smiling crescents to the people approaching her with praises and hush adoration.  She even saw Sooyoung and Yoona but these two had been long way gone in the depths of the buffet table.

 

When the cruise ship had set sail, she did not realize that she was in fact, more prone to being seasick than she ever did when she was at the pedestal of the clouds.  Funny so, it is just an indication of their current placement in the levels of dominion apparently.

 

“How long until we reach the port?” Tiffany says.   A hand caressing Taeyeon’s brown locks.  As if choosing to drown in the scent of her girlfriend instead, she would’ve chosen it either way.

 

“In an hour or so.  The crew has just served dessert I am not sure if you still want to mingle though, but you can stay here if you are seasick again.  I will stay.”  Taeyeon reached for her hands and guided them to an opposite bench overlooking the gleaming pool.

 The cruise gala is a public event but when the maiden voyage started, only important people were allowed to be in the vessel until they reached the other port where passengers would then have their first experience.

A very strong tradition Taeyeon’s father had applied to every ship they own and it is imperative for Taeyeon to attend.  So here she is, on the grandest event the ocean had witnessed above the surface. 

 

However seeing Taeyeon here with her, hands intertwined, eyes closed, and a soft hum as they rock side to side in the direction of the wind.  This is peace.  Perhaps, she is love sick.  Perhaps, Tiffany is leagues down the trench to even come back up for air.  Time flashed so fast she blinked and the once speculating cat, guarded and not trusting is now a mush with nothing but deep affection to the girl who apparently swam her way to reach her.  A very very small favor for Tiffany’s little love, she would endure another hour of being seasick.  Yes, really.

“I can do that.” She kisses Taeyeon’s cheek and Taeyeon just grinned so much her cheeks are about to burst.

 

“This is disgusting.  Both of you.” A girl so damn small maybe an inch smaller than Taeyeon smiles with little to nothing concealed.

 

Tiffany knew of the girl and laughed when Taeyeon had launched towards the small figure and it was a rather touching sight.  Tiffany grabs the blanket handed to her by a male crew and wraps it around herself.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Most welcome Miss Tiffany, Miss Kim has prepared your cabin, and you may rest anytime.  It is ready.”  The crew bowed and left.

 

You thoughtful little munchkin, she silently smiled by herself and stared at Taeyeon who was talking so animatedly to her friend.  Just contented to see her happy, hopefully, this won’t end too soon.  Tiffany is very pessimistic about this relationship and is really used to the consequences of her past ones but now she may be wrong and nothing could ever blame her or stop her from being happy with Taeyeon.

Not even her coward-nagging self that totally screams at her to put Taeyeon on the pile of her good-for-nothing exes, nope not even her.  Letting the rest of her qualms and what-ifs go, she withdrew herself from the harsh noises of her mind and focused on moving forward.

 

Tomorrow she would call her dad and ask for the tiniest private plane they have, and would maybe seal some contract there.  Something for Taeyeon to remember by, something like a very small paper plane.  With her words etched into it, letting it fly and fall down the oceans.  She would always fall into the oceans where Taeyeon is.

 

She looked at Tiffany with familiarity and gestured for Taeyeon to speak, still with a smile on her pleasant face.  Beautiful even.

 

Tiffany was taken out of her musings when Taeyeon mumbled a soft, “Hey Sunny.”

 

“You are here?” Taeyeon asked and the girl nodded, a wine glass in her other hand.

 

“Yep, had to go with Dad, yada yada but I can see that you finally got the girl.”

 

Taeyeon shakes her head, “It was never a mission you know that.”

 

“Hi Tiffany, my name is Sunny, of course you know me.” Sunny extended her hand to Tiffany and the latter gladly took it with a gleeful grin.

 

“Hey hon, glad to finally have you back.  Maybe talk some sense to this one please?”

 

Sunny howls even more, “Oh man, this is amazing two of my best friends canoodling now?”

 

“Stop it! I should’ve not asked you for that room, you dimwit! You planned this!” Taeyeon is blushing red almost to the brink of being maroon.

 

“Hey Tiffany, remember when Sooyoung wanted to have the Western Hall rooms?”

 

Tiffany knows where this is going but she will play along, Taeyeon is too cute looking all riled up like that.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter