51

Miss. Trouble

 

She met up with Jungah at the school entrance, they hadn't seen each other in a couple of days as Jungah had been sick. "It's nice to see you again." Leerang smiled in response, "about time you came back." she was an easy target when Jungah wasn't around, something Seoyoung had taken advantage of the past week. "Awh, did you miss me that much?" without a second though did she nod. But there was also another thing. One Leerang needed to talk about. "Actually, there's this other thing, too. But I don't really know how to begin." the ordeal with Kris was taking a toll on the said girl and honestly, she did not know what to do. It was ridiculous for her to be worried about Kris being with some other girl, especially as they were only friends. "It's Seoyoung, isn't it?" Jungah spoke through gritted teeth, ready to confront Seoyoung. But before she was given the chance did Leerang grasp onto her arm, "no, it's not like that." she avoided eye contact, mainly because she'd been lying to Jungah, about not knowing Kris.

"Leerang." immediately did the girl freeze, she recognized the male voice as the principal. Someone whom she was supposed to meet the previous day but didn't. "Could you come with me." Leerang understood it wasn't a request, it was an order. "I'll see you later." the whisper was only loud enough for the other girl to hear, who wondered, "what have you done?" instead of answering though, did she untangle herself from Jungah, "see you at lunch." the breaks weren't that long, so they would have to wait until then to meet. And hopefully would she have mustered up enough courage to talk about Kris. Because she really needed help.

The principal's office was exactly as she remembered it to be, clean, organized and tidy. But it also gave her the creeps. The older male ordered her to take a seat, and that before he began his speech, "We're starting to get worried about you. Especially your mother." so they'd been in touch with her mother. Great. "She told me she was afraid of you hanging around bad people." Leerang pressed her lips together, anger raged within as she though about the woman, who was acting like a drama queen. Kris was definitely not a bad person. His friends weren't either. Well, Tao could be a jerk sometimes, but that was all. "They aren't bad people. It's just my mother who disapproves of them." the reason for that didn't need to be brought up, as such a thing would cause trouble. "Maybe you should listen to her. She only wants your best." hardly. Leerang knew her mother better than anyone else and would not be fooled. "Maybe." truth to be told, she wasn't going to follow anything the older woman said. It was her life and Leerang was the one who would live with everything. Not her mother.

"There's something else I wanted to talk about as well." it had to be about the incident that'd taken place the day before, when she ditched school instead of showing up at his office. To her surprise though, was the subject not brought up, "have you decided what to do after you graduate?" Leerang found it incredibly weird for him to ask about such a thing, therefore was she quite suspicious of his intentions, even more so since her homeroom teacher had already asked. "Why? Did my mother say something?" the male in front laughed, as if amused. "It's not because of her that I'm asking." She'd almost been certain her mother had talked the principal into getting her to consider another University than K-ARTS. "I was wondering because it will be hard to get into a good University on the grades you have right now." Leerang hated to admit it, but the man was right. Her grades had dropped the past months. However, there were several reasons, and it was literally impossible to focus on her studies with everything that was going on. The problems were simply piling up and she'd begun to question whether it was going to get better at all. Leerang had trouble believing so, especially as it only seemed to get worse every single day. "I'm going to do my best." the girl was going to do it for herself this time around, because being accepted into K-ARTS would mean a ticket out of the hell she lived in. "Good. That was all I wanted to hear." the man stood up before he'd finished the whole sentence and Leerang was fast to stand, "I should probably get to class."

Unfortunately though, was Seoyoung on her the second she stepped inside the classroom, "isn't it little miss I-ditch-school-because-my-life-." the other girl ended with a smirk. "Quiet Seoyoung and Leerang, get to your seat." she tried to avoid the y classmate of hers, but it ended in complete catastrophe, as Seoyoung grabbed onto her backpack. The sudden action caused her to fall backwards and she ended up landing flat on her . "Maybe you would be able to walk straight if you laid off the booze. You don't want to end up like your father right." there was a boom of oh's and ah's sounding and it was enough. She wouldn't find herself being treated like that anymore, therefore did she, once up on her feet again, slap Seoyoung across the cheek, "don't ever say that again." total silence followed, not even the teacher said a word. The peace was short-lived though, because Seoyoung snapped, "you ing ." in a matter of seconds had she received a blow to the face, one that'd resulted in blood slowly trickling down her cheek. Luckily was she fast enough to cup her hands under her chin to make sure none of it ended up on the school uniform. A surreal feeling swept over the said girl just as the teacher told her to pay a visit to the school nurse.  

The corridor was empty, which made it so much easier, as she didn't need to hear the whispers of the other students. Not that it would've been her biggest problem, because the blood that'd pooled in the palm of her hands were slowly starting to slip between her fingers, and Leerang panicked. She didn't want any of it to end up on her clothes, therefore did she pick up her phase. The nurse blinked, shocked, after she'd stepped inside, "I need help." and that quick. Really, it was incredibly hard to keep her hands in place so none of the red liquid spilled. To her relief did the middle-aged woman react fast, "I want you to get over to the sink over there." Leerang did as told, and whilst the blood escaped her hands the nurse pressed a compress over the injury to stop the flow. She bit down on her bottom lip as the pain intensified. "Do you mind telling me what happened?" Leerang found no reason to lie, especially as the news would be spreading throughout the school within the next coming hour, "Seoyoung happened." no other words were exchanged, almost as if the woman were expecting it to be Seoyoung.

"There. I've cleaned the wound and put a compress over it. You'll have to change it every day so it doesn't get infected and can heal." she was pretty certain she'd seen a first aid kit in the bathroom at her father's house. "Don't poke around too much, and make sure to clean your hands before touching it to prevent the skin from scarring." the girl nodded, "thank you, bye." she sighed once the door shut close behind her, Leerang couldn't believe why all this happened to her. One thing was for sure though, she would stay as far away from Seoyoung as possible.

The girl headed for the cafeteria once lunch break arrived, she didn't particularly like it, that people were staring. But she made no attempt to hide either. There was no idea in doing so, not when they already knew what'd taken place. Jungah came running the moment she'd seen Leerang enter, "Are you okay?" it could've been better, but also a lot worse, "it's okay, nothing to be worried about." Jungah wasn't happy, not the slightest, "I'm going to kill tha -." Leerang placed a hand over her friend's mouth whilst she shook her head, "don't. It's not worth it." even so, it didn't feel right if she just accepted it. Seoyoung had to know -understand that it was not right. "Plus, it's not like I'm totally innocent either." that sentence sparked Jungah's interest immediately, and she withdrew Leerang's hands before speaking, "really, did you do something?" the question was high-pitched and the girl smiled. It'd felt nice, to be able to slap Seoyoung. Anyone who'd been bullied would probably say the exact same thing, which was somewhat understandable even though it was wrong. "I slapped her." Jungah laughed as if she'd said a funny joke. "Are you for real?" more laughter could be heard after Leerang nodded her head.

The whole day proceeded like normal, almost. The only difference was all the students who were staring at her, which she wasn't exactly used to. The fact that Seoyoung constantly reminded her was quite bothersome as well, especially as the other girl never failed to point out how her father was a criminal. Luckily did it stop once school ended. The trouble didn't end there though, because she had still not talked to Jungah about Kris, something she'd intended to do during the lunch. However, other things interrupted and she was not given the chance. Instead was Leerang going to take it there and then, right outside the school the moment Jungah showed up. But something else captured her attention as she exited the building and the girl darted back inside again. Her heart was beating fast and her pulse was racing.

What was Kris doing right outside her school?