Draining Rounds and Solid Impressions

Scrubs and Turnouts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany stormed into the hospital cafeteria, her white coat billowing behind her. 

 

The clatter of her food tray hitting the table drew the attention of her friends, Yoona and Sunny. She sank into the seat with an exasperated sigh, glaring at the contents of her tray.

 

She is exhausted. That quick trip to the fire station drained all her energy, greatly because of the infuriating Captain she met there. Plus, she also had to deliver Jiyeon's baby. Thankfully, both Jiyeon and her baby are in good condition now.

 

The same cannot be said about her mood.

 

"Rough day, huh?" Yoona, a pediatric surgeon, raised an eyebrow, eyeing Tiffany's displeased expression.

 

Sunny, a general surgeon, chimed in. "What's got you all fired up, Fany?"

 

Tiffany isn't one to frown. Ever since she arrived from LA three months ago, she has been known as the happy light of the hospital. So, Sunny couldn't help but ask what got the attending physician in a sour mood.

 

Tiffany's lips twisted into a scowl. "I was paged to attend to a call in the firehouse."

 

"And that pissed you off because...?"

 

"Of the captain." She added.

 

Yoona and Sunny exchanged a glance, clearly intrigued. "Captain Taeyeon? The fire captain?" Sunny asked, her curiosity evident.

 

Tiffany nodded, stabbing her salad with a fork. "Yes, that's the one. I had a run-in with her today during the emergency call. She just had to make every decision a battle. And questioning mine!"

 

"Are you sure it is Captain Kim Taeyeon? From Seoul Central?"

 

"Yes!"

 

Yoona and Sunny exchanged knowing looks before Yoona spoke up. "Tiffany-unnie, most people here have a good relationship with Taeyeon-unnie. She's experienced and well-respected."

 

"Taeyeon-unnie?" Tiffany's eyes narrowed in disbelief at how Yoona addressed the captain. "Are you friends with her?"

 

"We are." Sunny butted-in. "I mean, our world is little. We basically see each other almost everyday when she was just a Lieutenant as she often sends patients here."

 

"Yeah, and we used to hang out too, along with the other firefighters there: Yuri-unnie and Sooyoung-unnie."

 

Tiffany huffed. It hasn't been long since she's been in Seoul Central Hospital after her transfer from LA. Taeyeon must've been a Captain already then because she's never seen the firefighter until today. 

 

"Well, she practically ruined my mood today."

 

Sunny chuckled. "Taeyeon is known for being a bit headstrong, that's true. But she's got a good heart."

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, not entirely convinced. "I'll believe it when I see it. All I'm seeing now is arrogance."

 

Just as the conversation was winding down, Tiffany's pager buzzed urgently on the table. She glanced at it and almost whined. She loves her job but sometimes she wishes that babies can sense when their mommies' OB-GYN is so darn tired. She cannot wait for this shift to be over.

 

 "Emergency C-section. I've got to go."

 

Tiffany rushed through the hospital corridors, her mind already focused on the task at hand. She scrubbed in quickly, mentally preparing herself for the surgery. Despite her exhaustion, there is no way she's gonna give less than her 100% in that OR. The resident caught up with her, providing a rapid update on the situation.

 

"Dr. Hwang, Mrs. Kang's baby is in distress. She's been in labor for hours, but her baby's heart rate suddenly started dropping rapidly."

 

Tiffany nodded solemnly, "Alright, let's get this started. We don't have any time to waste."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter