I Can't Sleep

Yeah, It's My Kind of Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

After five reschedule, Taeyeon will now have the chance to meet her former colleagues, Sunny and Hyoyeon. She's very thrilled to meet them once again after hearing the reason why they parted ways. Right now, they are at Seoul University. The two scientist is currenlty discussing their inventions in this prestigious university. Taeyeon waited patiently in the parking lot along side Mark, their best bodyguard.

"Do you need anything, Ms. Kim?"

Taeyeon shook her head, "I'm good, Mark. Thank you for your concern". Taeyeon looked at her surroundings and smiled. This university must be special to her because she feels safe and at ease. She can't deny that the school somehow reminds her of her college life. The time where she must have developed her capabilities as the best scientist. From what she heard, the three of them always won the competitions that they participated. Tiffany was always there to support them. For Taeyeon, it's nice to reminisce old memories, only if she remembered all of it.

Taeyeon came back to her senses when two women wearing white coats knock on her door, she smiled upon seeing their faces. She gets out of her car and bowed to them, "Hello, I'm Taeyeon. Nice meeting you again, I guess?"

"She really is alive, Hyoyeon." 

"Sunny was devasted upon hearing the attack that happened in your safe place. We immediately went there to look for you.", Hyoyeon explained. 

Unsure of their surroundings, Taeyeon suggested that they should talk somewhere private. They later on decided to have a coffee in Hyoyeon's laboratory. For safety purposes, Mark enter the premises but with the condition that he should only stay in the entrance. The three women went in the basement and by there, they saw how many scientist are working in one of Hyoyeon's project. They passed the inventions that they had made way back in college, at the end of the hallway is Hyoyeon's office. 

"It's funny that you're a scientist but you only use this simple coffee maker and call it a day." Sunny commented which earned a laugh from Taeyeon.

"You should try to shut your mouth sometimes. If you don't have anything nice to say, just zip it." Hyoyeon retorted.

Sunny and Hyoyeon sat beside each other facing Taeyeon, who's eyes is still observing the place as if she's trying to recall of she ever been in this place. Unfortunately for her, the memory that she only had is the day of the attack. Nothing more, nothing less.

"We're going to introduce ourselves again, Taeyeon. My name in Lee Soonkyu, but you can call me Sunny. We've known each other since our freshman year in Seoul University. We also graduated with flying colors." 

"I am Kim Hyoyeon, we my have the same surname but we're not related at all. We've known each other since our freshman year as well but unlike Sunny, I didn't graduated with flying colors, but we were called by Mr. Lee because we both fell asleep in class."

Hyoyeon remarks made Taeyeon laugh. It's good to meet people who knows her well aside from her wife, her wife's friends, and Jessica. Taeyeon roamed her eyes once again and saw photo of them when they graduated in college.

"How are you feeling now, Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon asked. 

Taeyeon looked at her, slighly confused because they can clearly see that she's fine physically, "I am good. I think my recovery was faster than expected since my wife always assist me."

Hyoyeon and Sunny looked at each other, confused. Taeyeon is trying so hard in reading their gestures because it feels like that they knew something that she didn't. She thought of observing them for awhile.

"You have a wife?"

Now, Taeyeon is the one who's confused in Sunny's question. Aren't they aware that she married Tiffany? They must've been so busy in their projects to the point that they no longer know that she married the president's daughter.

"Yes, I married Tiffany Hwang."

Sunny shooked her head in disbelief, "wow, I thought that you married Jessica and not that spoiled brat."

Hyoyeon agreed by nodding her head. Taeyeon thought that there's no way she'll gonna marry Jessica because they had so many differences. Although somehow, she felt that she was also someone important to her from the past.

"Can you tell me about my life, Sunny?" 

Sunny was about to refuse but when she saw Taeyeon's pleading eyes, she can't help but to tell all of the things that Taeyeon must know.

"When I met you in college, you're the most secretive person I have ever known but one thing is for sure, you're trying to win someone's heart. You always run after class just to fetch that person because she's studying in a fashion school that is far away from Seoul. You always participate in every contest, might it be in national level or international level to prove your worth to that person. I was with you the whole time because Hyoyeon has a part time job that time. I did not asked who it was because I didn't want to pry in your private life. And then one day, you enter the class with this gloomy face of yours. I asked why, and you said that you got dumped. I didn't know who it was until such time that Jessica went to Seoul University just to find you. We saw her but you already left that day. She then went overseas and your life started to go upside down." 

Taeyeon felt confused as to how come that she became Tiffany's wife if she was pursuing Jessica that time. The information that she heard right now was not what she imagined. 

"I actually had an idea that she will get married because the election was about to come and Taeyeon was really close to the Hwang Family. You know that Jessica was the adoptive daughter of Mr. Hwang. To uplift his reputation, he must've arranged a wedding for you and Jessica. But I don't understand how on earth you ended up with Tiffany." Hyeyeon added.

It is now clear to Taeyeon that maybe the reason why Jessica is not always in the mansion because she was either uncomforatable with her or Tiffany. She also heard the statement that Tiffany said to Jessica about not making her as her enemy. There must be some competition between the two. But for now, Taeyeon had to bare Tiffany's actions, after all, they were legally married. After hearing those stories, they just decided to reminisce their happy memories in their college life. After such time, the two said their goodbyes to Taeyeon because it is getting dark.

When Taeyeon arrived in the mansion, she was surprised to see a man standing on the stariways. The man looked like someone superior and somehow, the man resembled her wife.

"Taeyeon, what a time to see you here." 

Taeyeon immediately bowed her head to show respected to the man who's in front of her, "Good evening, Mr. Hwang. I hope that you had a nice day."

Mr. Hwang smirked, "lift your head, kiddo. Let's talk in my office."

Please log in to read the full chapter