Chapter 9 – Miyawaki Sakura

PROJECT 9
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what’s your plan again?”

 

Yunjin can’t help it. She arrived in Thailand last night and she had to drive for a few hours before finally arriving at the exact coordinates that Eunbi had sent to her. She barely understood their plan. Minju smiled.

 

“The plan is to get Sakura oppa, save him and kill anyone who stood against us.”

 

“That sounds brutal.”

 

“Well, it was for the best.”

 

Yunjin shivered when she felt Minju smile with so much happiness. As though she’s not even bothered by the fact that this is a complete suicide mission. Her eyes travelled to the other members until it landed on Eunbi who had not even spoken a word since she arrived. Sakura wasn’t dead yet, but Eunbi already has this dark aura around her. Imagine if they found Sakura’s body… Yunjin shook her head.

 

“Agent Huh,” Chaewon’s voice startled her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I believe you’re here because Jungshik sent you, right?”

 

“O-Of course.”

 

Chaewon stood up and walked towards Yunjin. He leaned forward and that move of him intimidated Yunjin a bit. Okay, a lot. Chaewon’s eyes never left hers and Yunjin felt the moment Chaewon was going to open his mouth, she might be dead of shock or something.

 

“I trusted Changmo many years ago and he betrayed me. I trusted Jungshik and he betrayed me. Do not make that mistake cause this time, I’m going to make sure that whoever did that is going to regret it forever. Understand?”

 

Yunjin gulped nervously. Yes, among KIA, Eunbi is still the one people fear of. But it was different with Chaewon, but people avoid getting into bad terms with him. Because when Chaewon is angry, he’s even scarier than Eunbi.

 

“I-I understand.”

 

“Good.”

 

Chaewon pulled back but still stood in front of Yunjin.

 

“You should get some rest. You need all your energy for tonight. Chaeyeon hyung?”

 

Chaeyeon jumped down from a table and grinned.

 

“This way, Agent Huh.”

 

Yunjin quickly gathered her bag and walked away. Chaeyeon let her go first and trailed behind her. Chaewon let the two of them disappear before looking back at Eunbi.

 

“Noona, you should go and get some rest too.”

 

Eunbi gave a look at Chaewon but said nothing. She stood up and left leaving the other six. Yena sighed.

 

“She’s going to kill everyone tonight if we can’t get Sakura hyung’s current position.”

 

“I know that hyung. Yujin?”

 

Yujin who had his head on the wall looked at Chaewon. Chaewon knew the younger hacker was tired, but he needed his help.

 

“Yeah, hyung?”

 

“Can you tap into Yunjin’s phone?”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow.

 

“Oppa, what are you thinking?”

 

Chaewon knew sooner or later he needed to tell everyone what was on his mind. He glanced at Minju and saw the girl nodded her head.

 

“I think the mole is still in KIA and this person somehow related to us.”

 

“What do you mean, oppa?” Wonyoung interrupted. She might be a genius but pointing fingers now can worsen their situation. Chaewon and Minju already did that and almost caused problems between them and Eunbi. What now?

 

“I’m not saying it’s among us. But it can be near us. I’m taking precautions just in case. I’m not saying Yunjin is the double agent, but she might be in contact with that mole and unknowingly sending that person the information regarding all of us.”

 

Minju stood up.

 

“We can’t let anyone take any of us anymore. Enough with only Sakura oppa. I hope everyone can understand why Chaewon and I had to do this.”

 

“Well, you got a point there.”

 

“Thank you, hyung.”

 

Chaewon placed his hand on top of Yujin’s shoulder.

 

“Do it, Yujin. We’re protecting ourselves. And Wony?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Wonyoung waited for Chaewon’s further instructions.

 

“I’m going to be needing you to keep an eye on Yunjin. Always one step ahead.”

 

Wonyoung knew that look Chaewon was giving her. She won’t disappoint her team.

 

“I’ll do my best.”

 

“I know you will.”

 

Chaewon’s eyes then travelled from one to another of his team members. It felt like it was just yesterday when all of them gathered in the living room playing around like a primary school kid always does. He didn’t just start a new life 13 years ago, but he gained a new family. Every one of them has a special place in his heart.

 

“Let’s do this for each other.”

 

And he’s proud of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi had her arms around herself. The sunrays didn’t bother her at all. She just stood there near the window and eyes out watching as people walking around. But doesn’t matter to her. Nothing else matters except Sakura. She would have turned the village upside down until she found Sakura, but Minju was right. That won’t help her get Sakura back. She needs to settle for Chaewon’s tonight plan.

 

“Sakura…”

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Eunbi watched as Sakura was happily running around. Sometimes she had no idea how Sakura could be this happy despite facing hardship every day.

 

“Eunbi! Come on!” Sakura was literally screaming his heart out calling for the girl who’s been sitting under the tree since earlier.

 

“No.”

 

Eunbi answered in a flat tone. Sakura stopped running around and grinned. He had got used to this cold side of Eunbi. He gave up playing by himself and ran towards Eunbi. He stopped in front of Eunbi and held his hand out for the girl.

 

“It’s hot, Kkura.”

 

“You’re going to let me play by myself?”

 

Sakura was pouting and Eunbi wasn’t immune to it. She had a soft side for Sakura’s pout.

 

“Please, Eunbi? Play with me?”

 

Eunbi sighed.

 

“Fine, but we play my game.”

 

Sakura’s eyes sparked the moment Eunbi agreed. He doesn’t even care if Eunbi wants to do something else as long as they get to play together.

 

“You’re going to piggyback me, and we can stroll around.”

 

To others, that looks like Eunbi was taking advantage of Sakura’s kindness but to Sakura that was Eunbi showing her effort to play with Sakura. Sakura smiled and turned around with his back facing the other girl. He knelt.

 

“At your service, madam.”

 

Eunbi giggled and quickly got on Sakura’s back. Sakura slowly lifted her up and wrapped his hands around his waist to support her. Eunbi wrapped her arms around Sakura’s neck and placed her chin on the boy’s shoulder. When Sakura felt that Eunbi was already comfortable on his back, he started walking. Eunbi quickly took out her umbrella from her back and opened it. She made sure both were secured under the umbrella.

 

“Thanks, Eunbi, but you should use it for you only. I’m used to it.”

 

“No. Mommy said that I need to share things with my friends and you’re my friend too.”

 

Sakura just smiled. He had never met Eunbi’s mother before and only heard about her from Eunbi herself. The girl had insisted that he introduced himself to her parents, but Sakura always said no. He’s afraid that if he ever showed up then her parents might not like him and took Eunbi away from him. He can’t have that.

 

“Kkura?”

 

“Hurm?”

 

“You smell nice today.”

 

“I-I showered before coming here. They let me shower once I finished cleaning their shop.”

 

That statement made Eunbi sad. She knew Sakura might have taken only a shower as a payment for the work he had done. They didn’t even pay him. Back then, she always scolded Sakura for letting people take advantage of him, but Sakura said he was used to it. Plus, he got a free shower. Eunbi snuggled deeper into the crook of Sakura’s neck.

 

“Kkura, next time you can be smelly, and I would still want a piggy ride from you.”

 

“I know, Eunbi.”

 

It was true. The smell didn’t bother her the first time they met 4 years ago. Sakura was the one who insisted on smelling nice for her. Miyawaki Sakura’s logic that made Eunbi fall for this boy. The things Sakura did for her and just her.

 

“Did you space out again?”

 

“Yah!”

 

Eunbi playfully slapped his arms and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter