Chapter 3 – Malaysia

PROJECT 9
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s hope Yena hyung wouldn’t miss.”

 

Chaewon looked at Chaeyeon.

 

“Can you prepare some mini explosion for Eunbi noona?”

 

Everyone was as confused as Chaeyeon, but Minju seemed to understand Chaewon’s plan.

 

“Chaewon, you do realize that we won’t make it to Malaysia soil with a chopper, right? If we managed on passing through, we won’t have enough fuel.”

 

Chaewon had a small smile plastered on his face. He had everything planned out. A risk but worth taking.

 

“Who said we are going by land? I have a plan, but everyone needs to play it well. Ready?”

 

Everyone looked at each other seeking for everyone’s opinion. Chaewon continued talking.

 

“Getting out of Korea sky is not hard since I bet Jungshik would have cleared it for us but entering Malaysia sky is a bit hard especially when they had tightened their securities after their disappearing airplane in 2014. Are you with me or not?”

 

Chaewon waited. He had to give others enough time for them to decide. But deep down he always knew his team wouldn’t let him fight a battle alone. Sakura nodded his head and the others followed suit.

 

“Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

Wonyoung navigated the Blackhawk along the shortest path towards Malaysia. She avoided entering other countries’ borders and stayed within the satellite range just in case. Other members were seen preparing their weapons to execute this mission. Sakura helped Eunbi tighten her belt. He wasn’t happy with Chaewon’s idea, but it would be selfish of him if he complained. Eunbi noticed Sakura’s discomfort.

 

“I’ll be fine.”

 

Sakura looked up and saw Eunbi looking back at him.

 

“You never know that. What if Yujin is wrong?”

 

“Kkura, this is not the first time.”

 

“This could be the last time.”

 

Eunbi sighed and placed her palm on Sakura’s cheek. She didn’t want to argue anymore and at the same time she wanted Sakura to understand her reason.

 

“It won’t be the last time. I have you, remember? You said it yourself as long as I have you, I’ll be fine.”

 

Eunbi felt Sakura clenched his jaw. She then placed her other palm on the other side of Sakura’s face and pulled him in for a deep kiss. Sakura wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her even closer. Sakura had the urge to kiss her since early, but he thought of waiting until they were left alone. The feeling of having her lips on his made him even more reluctant to let Eunbi go. They finally pulled away when air was needed. Eunbi gently caressed her partner’s cheek.

 

“Take care, okay? Do it for me.”

 

Eunbi just nodded. Chaeyeon had been watching these two lovebirds since earlier contemplating on interrupting their moment but then they don’t have much time.

 

“Err, noona?”

 

Sakura pulled away and took a step back. Chaeyeon gave an apologetic look. He then handed four mini C4s towards Eunbi.

 

“Here. Once you are on target, just stick it. I’ll deal with it.”

 

Eunbi took the mini bomb from Chaeyeon and placed it inside her belt pocket.

 

“Thanks, Chaeyeon.”

 

Chaeyeon just smiled. He placed his hand on top of Eunbi’s shoulder.

 

“Be safe.”

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

“This is a dangerous plan, Chaewon. Sakura oppa doesn’t like it at all.”

 

Chaewon who had been standing near the door leaned his body sideways towards the chopper steel wall. Minju stood behind him.

 

“I trust Eunbi noona and Kkura hyung knows that. She’s capable of doing this.”

 

“I know but the risk is still there.”

 

Chaewon sighed. Sometimes it is hard being a leader. This team of his wasn’t just her colleagues. They had become family after everything they had been through. The ups and downs. Each time he sent them out on a mission, Chaewon only had one wish and that is for them to come home safe. Today is not any different. They must go home alive.

 

“Minju, sometimes we don’t have a lot of choice. You know it as much as I do.”

 

Minju had no comeback for that. If she was in Chaewon’s position, she would have done the same thing. She wrapped her arms around Chaewon’s waist and hugging him from behind. She buried her face on her partner’s back.

 

“I missed you, Chaewon.”

 

Chaewon placed his hands on top of Minju’s and smiled. They hadn’t been in contact for years after were assigned to a different prison. Now that they are finally together, this happens.

 

“I missed you too.”

 

Minju didn’t say anything and let her body engulf the warmth coming from Chaewon’s back. Her favorite place.

 

“Noona, hyung…”

 

They both turned around and looked towards Yujin.

 

“…we’re entering Malaysia’s sky.”

 

“Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

Malaysia TUDM communication base, Subang.

 

“Sir, there’s an unknown aircraft entering our atmosphere.”

 

A private on duty informed his Officer in Command.

 

“Put it on a widescreen.”

 

He nodded and transferred it to the wide screen. The Commanding Officer known as CO had his eyes on the screen.

 

“Can I get what aircraft is that?”

 

“It’s a helicopter, sir.”

 

“Whom?”

 

He directed his question towards everyone. He wanted an answer, and he needed it now. One of his officers answered.

 

“Nothing registered, sir. Possible of enemy.”

 

“Can we contact them?”

 

“Negative, sir. They’re not answering.”

 

The CO chumped on his gum. Whoever owned that chopper made it obvious that they weren’t talking. Would it be a terrorist?

 

“Get me Admiral on the line now!”

 

“5 seconds, sir!”

 

“Sir! They had entered our atmosphere!”

 

“Damn it!”

 

He looked to his right.

 

“Cancel the call! Dispatch two F14s and track down that chopper! Get them to talk!”

 

“Yes, sir!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter