Chapter 8 – Project 9

PROJECT 9
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His coughing was now worse than this morning. He was breathing hard, and he felt his throat tightening so much. Sakura had his hands on his knees. He coughed even more. He looked up and noticed that he had miles more to go before reaching home.

 

“Come on, Kkura. Just a bit more.”

 

It was his way of fooling himself so that his body would listen to him and made the coughing stop. He felt something on his lips and Sakura quickly wiped it away. He saw thick red blood. His chest tightened at the sight. Now, he regretted on leaving his medicine at home. With so much effort, he started walking again. No matter what, he needs to go home. His head started feeling dizzy suddenly.

 

“No… no…”

 

His vision became blurry. He tried shaking it off. He coughed violently again. His body felt light, and he felt his legs become weaker. Slowly, he loses control. Sakura fell forward but to her surprise, someone had caught him on time. He slowly looked up and couldn’t help but smile.

 

“You come.”

 

“Always.”

 

Then everything went blank. He collapsed in the hand of his savior.

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sakura slowly regained consciousness. Fluttering his eyes open, he saw the face that always saved him just like today.

 

“Eunbi.”

 

“Hey, Kkura.”

 

Sakura tried pushing himself up, but Eunbi held on to him and shook her head.

 

“Rest a bit more.”

 

Sakura smiled at Eunbi and went back to his previous position. Plus, it felt comfortable with his head on Eunbi’s lap. He let Eunbi’s fingers play with his.

 

“I made you worried again, didn’t I?”

 

“You have no idea. Thankfully I saw your medicine at home. I searched everywhere for you.”

 

Sakura frowned when he saw tears pooling in Eunbi’s eyes. Quickly, he brushed his fingers against Eunbi’s delicate face.

 

“Don’t cry for me. I’m not worth it.”

 

“I can’t lose you, Kkura. I can’t.”

 

“You won’t. I promise, didn’t I?”

 

Eunbi tried so hard to hold back her tears. Sakura didn’t like it when she cried because of him. He said her tears were only for her late parents. They were worth her tears. Sakura flashed his warmest smile and held Eunbi’s hands.

 

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. One day…”

 

Eunbi shook her head and placed her finger on Sakura’s lips.

 

“Don’t.”

 

Sakura gently held her finger and kissed it.

 

“One day, Eunbi, you need to live on your own. I won’t be here anymore.”

 

“You’ll never know that. We’ll find a way. I’ll find a way as long as you stay with me.”

 

Sakura stared at his lover’s face. How much had an impact on the girl, he had no idea. Ever since ‘that’ incident, Eunbi’s brain had developed a barrier that withhold pain from transferring. She couldn’t feel pain anymore. Changmo said her brain refused to recognize pain leaving Eunbi immune to it. But not to one thing; Sakura himself. It seems Eunbi can feel pain when it was about him. Thus, explain their mutual feelings towards each other.

 

“I don’t have much time.”

 

“We’ll find time. Until then, hang on. Do it for me.”

 

That sad and worried face made Sakura feel guilty each time. If it wasn’t because of him, Eunbi wouldn’t have to feel this kind of pain worrying about him. Sakura knew about his condition, and he knew he was running out of time. The thought of leaving Eunbi in the future made him mad at himself. Eunbi needed Sakura and Sakura needed Eunbi.

 

“You know I always did it for you.”

 

“Then don’t stop. Not until I give up.”

 

Eunbi had a small smile plastered on her face. It brings comfort in Sakura’s heart when Eunbi smiled like that. How he wished later, Eunbi could smile for others too. That was his wish. He hopes he can make it come true.

 

“Kkura, should we tell the others about your condition?”

 

“No.”

 

“But…”

 

“Eunbi, they had their own problems, and I don’t want to burden them with mine. With our training going on, the last thing I want is to be pitied. Plus, Changmo said I’ll be fine as long as I take medicine on time.”

 

“You’re stubborn.”

 

Sakura grinned cheekily.

 

“I learned from you.”

 

With that, Sakura cupped his lover’s face and pulled her down sharing a deep kiss. One that would always give him an assurance that his future hadn’t yet reached an end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon slumped down on the chair. He glanced towards everyone before his eyes settled on Minju’s. He can imagine himself having the same reaction as hers. Slowly, he turned towards Eunbi.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us about Sakura hyung’s condition?”

 

Eunbi felt mad at herself. Why didn’t her? She could just walk in and gather everyone and spill it out of her chest. But she didn’t. For 15 years she had kept this secret to herself.

 

“Sakura didn’t want to worry any of you. Typical of him, huh?”

 

Yuri felt suffocated after listening to Eunbi’s story. She woke up with the knowledge that Changmo had Sakura and she was the last person that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter