Chapter 4 – Here Comes Trouble

PROJECT 9
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin kept on yawning much to Yuri’s displeasure. She looked beside her and nudged the poor boy by her shoulder. Yujin groaned. Yuri raised an eyebrow.

 

“Why are you so sleepy?”

 

He yawned again.

 

“They… were loud. I barely slept. Now, I’m pretty sure I miss my prison cellmate. At least he kept his to himself.”

 

Yena and Chaeyeon were laughing so much while Eunbi and Chaewon’s face reddened by that moment. Minju looked behind and frowned.

 

“We’re not that loud, okay? You’re such a loser, Yujin.”

 

“Not that loud? Seriously, Minmin?”

 

“Yah! Don’t you dare call me by that name, Choi!”

 

“Minmin and his baby sitting under the tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g…”

 

Yena burst into another fit of laughter. It was so contagious that even Wonyoung joined it. Minju sulked and poked Chaewon who’s focused on his driving.

 

“Baby… they’re teasing me.”

 

Chaewon looked at Yena through his rear-view mirror.

 

“Stop it, hyung.”

 

“Ow, baby is getting mad at Yena.”

 

Yena spoke in a third person view and purposely changed his voice into a kid’s voice totally irritating Chaewon.

 

“Do it again, Yena.”

 

Chaeyeon’s encouragement made Minju sulk even more.

 

“Chaeyeonie isn’t mad at Yena?”

 

“Chaeyeonie would never be mad at Yena. Aigo, poor baby.”

 

Yujin helped irritate Minju even more by patting Yena on his head. Minju was already glaring at the three childish friends of her.

 

“Eunbi unnie and Sakura oppa were loud too last night! Why aren’t you teasing her?!”

 

Yuri shrugged.

 

“Would you ? She’ll headlock you to death.”

 

“Yuri unnie, stop it. Minju unnie is already blushing so much.”

 

Wonyoung who finally stepped in and stopped the rest from embarrassing Minju even more.

 

“You’re my favorite kid, Wony.”

 

“But unnie, Yujin oppa was right. You were too loud. You interrupted my reading.”

 

Everyone burst into the loudest laughing fit. Even Sakura who’s seating at the back of the van with Eunbi was laughing at Minju.

 

“Wonyoung ah!”

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon parked the van that they had stolen earlier in the morning by the street. It was almost 10pm. The journey from Royal Belum to Kuala Lumpur took a chunk of their time. Plus, everyone woke up late this morning. He let the engine run and turned back.

 

“We’re here.”

 

“Nightclub?” Wonyoung can’t help but ask. Chaewon nodded.

 

“I’m meeting an old friend here. He was a part of the Commando 69 force before dishonorably discharged in 2014. His name is Arshad. Now, apparently, he’d become a bouncer here.”

 

Everyone nodded understanding what Chaewon just explained. Chaewon darted his eyes towards Wonyoung and Yujin.

 

“You two stay here for surveillance. Use whatever you have and keep track of us. Inform me of anything unusual. Understand?”

 

Yujin sighed.

 

“So, no drinks for me tonight?”

 

“Yujin oppa.”

 

“Fine, fine. We’ll stay.”

 

“Noona and Minju, you’ll be my left and right arm. The rest of you will go in through the back door. Avoid any physical fights. Stay low and expect the worst, okay?”

 

Chaewon watched as everyone agreed to his plan. He gave a slight nod and got out of the van. Eunbi and Minju followed suit. Sakura groaned. Yuri snickered.

 

“Can’t get far from your girl, huh, oppa?”

 

“Is this just me or Chaewon seems to be putting Eunbi on the front-line way too much?”

 

Yena patted Sakura’s back.

 

“?”

 

“ it, Yena.”

 

Chaeyeon laughed it off. Sakura was obviously pissed off.

 

“Hey, your girlfriend is the only one who can jump in a bullet path and still succeed on killing her target. Unless you can do that, let the pro does her thing.”

 

Sakura rolled his eyes. Yuri ignored them and got out of the van. She looked inside and smirked.

 

“You guys in or we’re going to chit chat all night? I sense I’m going to have fun tonight.”

 

“The more reason why I should be inside. I need to place a bet for Yuri noona.”

 

Wonyoung shook her head at Yujin’s constant whining. She slapped his back and glared at him. Yujin had his hands up and backed away.

 

“Easy there, tiger. I was just joking.”

 

Wonyoung’s constant glaring made Yujin uncomfortable.

 

“Aish, stop glaring, Wony. I was just joking.”

 

“You better be.”

 

Chaeyeon pushed Sakura out and the last one got out. Before he closed the door, he peeked in and grinned.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter