Chapter 7: Doctor Yixing

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sorry for not updating last month. Anyway, please enjoy this chapter.

***

“I don’t wanna go to school,” I said pathetically to my father’s secretary. Yes, I was too embarrassed to face my teammates who coincidentally attended the same class as I did. Instead of bringing them glory like what the Park Chanyeol in this world always did, I brought them failure and shame.

The friendly face which reminded me of my real dad said this instead, “You have to, Park Doryeonim, or Mr. Prime Minister will kill me for sure.”

I pushed my body towards the back of the passenger seat to make sure that my face was as close as I could to the secretary’s neck. Back in my world, whenever I would like to get something from my dad, I would start picking on him by blowing his neck.

Well, I did the same in this world. However, instead of getting what I wanted, Mr. Secretary screamed at the top of his lungs and suddenly slapped my forehead. His slap was as hard as I could remember to make it worse!

“I’m so sorry, Park Doryeonim! Are you okay, sir?” Secretary Park said in panic while hurriedly getting out of the car and checking on my condition in the back seat. Mr. Driver also tried to check on me while still sitting behind the steering wheel.

A shocking answer slipped out of my mouth instead, “I’m fine, Dad,” while trying to slap away Secretary Park’s hands.

The answer startled Secretary Park and Mr. Driver. They froze like they just heard something unimaginable.

“What?” I asked out of curiosity. For a moment, I did not realize that indeed, it would sound weird if I called Secretary Park “Dad”. However, it just slipped out of my mouth, I could not control it.

“Sorry about that,” I said as soon as I realized what I did wrong and hurriedly left the car. “Don’t pick me up, I’m going home with Baekhyun!” I said without looking back, immediately entering the school area.

It turned out that after choosing to avoid questions or perhaps scolding from Secretary Park, I was faced with more questions when I just arrived at the classroom door. The interviewer was none other than Byun Baekhyun. He kept on following and questioning me until I sat in my seat. From asking what happened in the forest until I broke my right arm to what happened to Princess Maehwa for she was taken out of the forest in an unconscious state right after seeing me in there.

Jeez, his action of following me like a lost puppy makes my other teammates start curiously looking at me. How long will you keep embarrassing me with those stupid questions, Byun Baekhyun? Why don’t you just drag me to my grave instead?

“You know what, Baekhyun…” I said right after putting my bag on my desk, “I guess I have to go see the doctor because I feel there’s something wrong with my cast. See you.” I hurriedly left the classroom. I even almost hit Prince Baekhyun while doing so.

We exchanged glances for a millisecond. “Hi,” I said awkwardly and then nodded my head before leaving for the school clinic.

“Wait, Chanyeol-ssi!” Prince Baekhyun stopped me in a hurry.

I turned my back and answered, “Yes?”

We were about eight to ten steps apart, but I could still clearly see his worried look face while we were both standing in this dim hallway. Perhaps it was just my thought, or maybe he was indeed the Baekhyun who I was looking for, that was why he looked a bit worried after seeing my casted right hand.

The two of us stood still in silence for about five minutes before I decided to call it quits. “If there’s nothing, then I’m going to -”

“Is your hand okay? Is it still hurt?” Prince Baekhyun cut my words.

“Well, n-no,” I stammered in my answer. He caught me off guard for the Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter