Chapter 2: A Chance to Meet You

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s only one way to bring him back to life again.”

“What is it?” I asked curiously without even blinking my eyes. 

“Make him love you.”

Suddenly, I went silent after hearing that. Yes, we had been dating for six years before we finally legally registered our marriage in the United States. However, for those happiest six years of my life, I never really knew how Baekhyun truly felt about me. About us. 

“So, Park Chanyeol-ssi. Are you confident enough to accept the one and only condition to bring your lovely Byun Baekhyun back to life?” The woman in red smirked. She probably could read my mind and knew that I was not confident enough to accept her condition. 

“The clock is ticking,” the woman in red who was still sitting leisurely on the couch across from mine said. 

“So, can I have my answer now?” She elegantly crossed her legs while playing with the red smooth fabric of her red evening gown.

I gulped down my saliva with difficulty and wetted my not-so-dried lips. And finally, I answered, “Shall we begin now?”

***

Park Chanyeol’s POV

So this was how everything ended. Right after agreeing to accept that woman’s condition, everything around me turned black and before I knew it, I no longer could see anything. But I could still hear the sound of some water droplets kept falling off in a slow yet regular tempo.

Am I drowning now? No, my breathing is normal. I could perfectly feel it.

Am I dead? No, I’m still breathing.

The worst-case scenario – Am I blind now? This question, I could not confidently answer it. Because at the moment, I could not see anything as I was still trying to open my eyes. I did not know what just happened to me, but it felt like my eyelids were so heavy that I could barely open my eyes even if I wanted to.

And another sad thing was that I also could not move my body. Great! Now, I’m blind and paralyzed too.

“Park Doryeonnim, could you hear my voice?” 

‘Where does this voice I’m hearing right now come from?’ I asked myself.

“Park Doryeonnim?”

And then, I could feel someone’s hand carefully trying to pry open my left eye. Then I could see a blinding ray of orange light pierce right through my left eye. The same guy did the same to my right eye.

“I think we must do a CT scan on him to see if there’s anything wrong with Park Doryeonnim’s head. I’m sorry to say this, but based on the prior examination which I did, Park Doryeonnim should have woken up by now. But I don’t know why…”

“You must cure him, no matter what!”

Wait! I know this voice. It’s my dad’s. I never heard him raise his voice to anyone in my whole life. Oh, ! Am I on the verge of death now?

“I don’t care what are you gonna do to wake him up. I don’t care! Just wake him up or the prime minister gonna make a hole right on your damn forehead!”

What prime minister? America is led by a prime minister now? Hold on. Why do they speak in Korean? Does it mean that whom my dad call as the prime minister just now is the head of the government in South Korea? Isn’t South Korea a republic, not a monarch country? Am I ended up in North Korea? Does North Korea have a prime minister? There were so many questions that arose in my head.

Out of the blue, I heard a woman’s voice whisper right to my ear, “Wake up, Park Chanyeol-ssi.” It’s that woman’s voice!!! Followed by the sound of fingers snapping and bam! Out of nowhere, I opened my eyes, sat up in one swift move, inhaled as much air as I could, and made a very loud sound of gasping.

“Jesus!” Both the doctor and the man in the black suit who I immediately recognized as my dad, said in unison. In addition, I could also see the back of the man whose presence I longed so much went to leave the room I was in as soon as he knew that I had regained consciousness. Sadly enough, my condition at the moment prevented me from calling that man’s name. I realized that currently I was drenched from the top of my head to my toe, and my heart beat so fast like it was about to jump out of my not-so-well body.

I finally realized that now I was sitting on an emergency room bed, and the too-familiar back which I saw before was now could not be seen no more. The doctor and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter