Chapter 1: The Lady in Red

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy first anniver…” I gulped down my word as soon as I saw him coming in a black suit with a two stripes armband encircled his left arm.

His face looked pale and gloomy. I was used to not seeing him smile, but I was not used to seeing his puffy eyes and haggard face.

I immediately told all the restaurant staffs to give us some space and ran towards Baekhyun. I hugged him tightly and did not care about the restaurant staffs who walked past us with confetti cannons in their hands.

Today we were supposed to celebrate our first anniversary as a husband and husband. I intentionally did not tell Baekhyun about this event because I wanted to surprise him who just came back from South Korea.

I was a fool! I did not know that Baekhyun left for his motherland for a week for attending a funeral. At first, I thought he was going there on a vacation. Anyway, he never told me about anything.

We had been dating since we were in our senior year in high school. Six years had passed, and we were finally a husband and husband and yet, it still felt like I was the only one who loved him!

He was near, yet so far from me.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry. I don’t know what happened to you, but I promise, everything will be all right,” I said, trying to assure him.

Baekhyun did not hug me back, but I knew that he was crying in my embrace.

“Can I ask you something? I promise, it will be my last request of you,” Baekhyun said with a hoarse voice.

“Anything for you. Anything.” I showered the top of his head with small kisses.

“Let’s get a divorce. Let’s forget everything, please.”

I was shocked and accidentally pushed his body from mine. Then I looked in disbelief straight into his eyes. “Ca-can you say that again?”

“Let’s get a divorce, Park Chanyeol-ssi.”

“How… How could you say that to me?” Baekhyun did not dare to look into my eyes. He kept quiet and looked straight to the floor.

“How could you do this to me at our first wedding anniversary on top of that?”

Baekhyun fisted his hands and suddenly, he looked straight into my eyes. Anger was evident on his face. “I’m not asking you, I’m ordering you to divorce me this instant!”

Baekhyun was ready to leave the restaurant, but I was quick enough to catch his hand. “Don’t you dare leave me, Byun Baekhyun-ssi!”

As fast as lighting, Baekhyun turned back and pointed his finger right to my face. “I really want to kill you, you know?!”

I grabbed the hand that he used to point his finger at me. This time, I tried to speak as naturally as I could. “Right now, you’re just being sad, so you can’t think rationally, okay? Now let’s just go home and let’s talk there. Let’s talk at home. Our home.”

“That’s not my home!” Baekhyun pushed me as hard as he could. “Are you ing dumb?! I don’t want to talk with you! I want us to get a divorce! A divorce, Park Chanyeol-ssi!”

“Shut up! How could you do this to me? How? How could you only care about others, but not about me?” I was furious and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter