Chapter 5: The Fox

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanna say sorry to my most loyal reader, Beau1996. Sorry for not updating last month which made you have to re-read four previous chapters. I'll try my best to update twice this month. 

Maybe all my readers out there were curious and still are about the progress of this story. I'll make sure to finish all of my ffs. However, I'm not really sure about when will those endings come. For now, let's just enjoy what have been published so far. 

Enjoy!

***

All right, it was so ridiculous!

First of all, let me remind you that I could not ride a horse. To make matters even worse, I had to wear a traditional attire called yungbok while riding a ranging horse with a basket full of arrows and a bow hanging on my back.

Seeing my own reflection in the standing mirror stunned me. Yes, I was absolutely handsome and gorgeous. I could see that. However, it felt like seeing myself acting in a periodic drama, with a manggeon or a headband covering my forehead, and a pair of leather white high boots that made me look like a Power Ranger. I had not told you that right now, I wore a baby blue yungbok. On second thought, I guessed in this attire, I resembled a Blue Power Ranger more than an aristocrat during the Joseon Dynasty.

I was too stunned with my own reflection until I did not realize that someone had just entered the blue team dressing tent. And that person was none other than Prince Hanyang himself. I could not produce a mere breathing sound, nor could I blink my eyes after seeing the appearance of His Royal Highness. He looked so damn cute, hot, and handsome in that red yungbok!

Prince Hanyang cleared his throat, pulled me back to my reality and quickly, I turned my back to face him. “How may I help you, Your Highness?”

For a couple of seconds, Prince Hanyang looked a bit reluctant to speak to me. But maybe something inside of him urged him to hurry and finish whatever business he had with me. So in the end, he hesitantly asked, “Are you close to Princess Maehwa?”

“Well... sort of,” I answered lightly. However, after seeing the change in his facial expression from tense and curious into some kind of looking a bit sad, I quickly changed my answer. “Or maybe not, maybe yes… Well, I don’t know the exact question of that answer, Your Highness.” I almost whispered by the end of the sentence. I was not sure of what kind of answer did he want, because I was not sure either if he was the Baekhyun I used to know or not.

“It’s like I’m talking to the old version of…”

“Handsome Oppa!”

I could not hear the rest of what Kim Baekhyun was about to say because Princess Maehwa suddenly barged in unnoticed. With little and cheerful steps, Princess Maehwa approached, and out of the blue, she kissed my cheek! Luckily, she kissed the one which was wrapped in a bandage, or else it probably would be the dead of me. I was so shocked and so did Kim Baekhyun whose eyes almost jumped out of their sockets.

My body automatically pushed Princess Maehwa aside as I did not want Baekhyun to misunderstand anything. Unfortunately, maybe he already did. What used to be a shocked expression had now changed into a cold and murderous face. I did not know whether I should be happy or not to see him put a facial expression like that. Because hey, maybe he was mad after seeing Princess Maehwa kiss me, or because the princess was his little sister. I surely hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter