Chapter 6: Let the Hunting Begin!

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As promised, my dear readers. Here's the second update of this month. I hope you'll enjoy it. Please let me know what you have in mind regarding this story through the comment section below. No matter how short your comment is, I'll appreciate it. I'll appreciate it more if you can tell me about grammatical errors you find while reading this story. Because English isn't my native language, but I hope one day, I can read like a native speaker does. 

For now, enjoy.

Catharina Chen

***

 

You’re my only hope. Get me out of here and I’ll give you some hints of how to bring back your Baekhyun to life!

The fox’s words kept ringing inside my head. I was not sure of what I should do now to help it. Maybe I could act rashly without thinking of any possible consequences following ahead. Because after all, none of what happened now was real. Well, I thought so. But on the other hand, I was worried as hell. What would happen if I acted rashly, and it turned out that I should live the rest of my life here or until I found a way to achieve my goal? My reckless method might end up sending my neck to the chopping block.

“And now, His Highness, the Prince of Hanyang and the red team captain may join His Majesty on stage,” the state secretary announced from the side of the stage.

While Prince Kim Baekhyun climbed the stairs to the stage, a line of white horses and black horses with their guards walked beside them while holding their reins, showing up from the left and the right sides of the arena. Each side had 10 horses majestically and beautifully lined up, responding to the number of each group member. The sight of them made me cannot think clearly, and my body started to slightly tremble, from fear, nervousness, and uncertainty.

Perhaps Byun Baekhyun realized how badly my body was trembling at this moment, so he lightly tapped my left shoulder from behind and asked, “Are you okay, Chanyeol?”

With a meek voice, I answered, “I’m not. Get me outta here.”

I was so scared that I did not realize, the state secretary had been calling my name thrice already. It was now my turn to join the stage. Both His Majesty and Prince Kim Baekhyun looked in my direction with a questioning look. So I had no other choice except to nervously drag my feet and finally join the two most powerful men in this country, on the stage.

“Now, the Prince of Hanyang shall shake hands with Mr. Park, the son of the prime minister,” the state secretary said. His Majesty stood in the middle, witnessing us, positioning ourselves to face one another.

At that moment, I locked eyes with Prince Kim Baekhyun. His beautiful eyes, his face which I had been longing for God knew how long, could soothe me and erase my fright of horse. As soon as we locked our eyes, my face started to get back its colour. Without realizing it, I started to smile like an idiot.

Suddenly, there was a light push on my back. “Shake hands,” His Majesty reminded me.

I took a quick observation of His Majesty’s face. I might say that he was a good-looking middle-aged man. Inside my head, I wondered if my ‘actual’ father-in-law looked like this. To tell you the truth, although Baekhyun and I used to be a married couple who started seeing each other when we were still in high school, he never even once gave me a chance to see his parents. I did not know the reason why he was doing that, because I never had a chance to ask him. However, if this mission became a success, and I could turn back time and bring my Baekhyun back to life, I would surely ask him to introduce me to his adoptive parents.

Oh, and by the way,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter