Chapter 3: (Not) the Byun Baekhyun that I Used to Know

A Second Chance Isn't As Sweet As What You Think!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, no, no…” I paused for a bit and took another look at the young man before me. Again, I could not hold myself and said, “No, you gotta be kidding me.”

I stood up and asked, “You’re Byun Baekhyun?”

The young man before me nodded while looking at me with a weird look. “Dude, are you ing lost your mind because that sissy prince pushed you so hard into the water, so you accidentally left your brain inside the lake, or what?”

I could not proceed with this young man with a big belly and big glasses’ question. This ‘Byun Baekhyun’ caught me off guard and made me speechless. His appearance in this weird world had left my jaw hanging.

“Close your mouth, will you? We don’t want this lovely mouth of the prime minister's son to invite a fly to come over, do we?” This Baekhyun guy helped me close my mouth by harshly pushing my lower jaw.

With a plop sound, I accidentally bit my tongue. “Damn!”

Hearing me cursing, the other three young men whom I did not recognize laughed out loud. I gave all of them a deadly glare, and they immediately shut their mouths.

After sitting at a pavilion in this lovely garden of the defence minister’s manor for almost three hours, I finally could quite grasp the situation where I got myself dragged into, a bit. Here, let me tell you what I got.

First, this place was called Korea because the country had never been divided from the first place. Second, Korea was a monarchy country and was led by the Korean Empire with the Monarch, Emperor Sejong II, the head of the country and my father, Prime Minister Park Beom Seok, the head of the government. Emperor Sejong II’s son from his second wife was given the title Prince of Hanyang because of an accident that no one within this country would dare to gossip about, so he would likely inherit the crown one day. This mistress son’s real name was Kim Baek-hyun. Third, the foul-mouthed chubby guy before me was sadly named Byun Baek-hyun, was the eldest son of the current defence minister, while I was the son of the current prime minister, as you already knew, and we both plus our gang were the nemeses of Prince Kim Baek-hyun and his cousin, Prince of Jeonju, Kim Jong-in. And last, we and our archenemies were schooled in the same place, Seono International High School, which was the best educational institution in the whole country. Also, all of us studied in the same class.

In my previous life which I called ‘my life in the real world’, I never attended the same class with my enemy because I had none. Back then, I was a popular guy. Everybody wanted to be my friend. Everybody except the said guy who unintentionally dragged me into this mess, yup, ‘my Byun Baekhyun in the real world’.

Now I knew why the Lady in Red only gave me a condition for a chance to turn back time because she had known from the get-go that I would never fall for the foul-mouthed young man who was now disgustingly munching a plate of chocolate biscuits before me. I could not, I surely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter