Idol (Part Two)

The Nine Lives of SNSD

P.S. I'm sorry in advance for this chapter. You will see why.

_______________________________________________

 

“So, Im Yoona, what do you have to say for yourself?”

 

I’m pretty shocked by this. And then I realize that if he knows who I am, I can’t use half of my ideas to escape.

 

“Uh, who the fu ck are you?”

 

“Me? Who cares? Today is all about you.” he replies in a creepy, yet relaxed voice.

 

“What are you going to do to me? me, kill me? Because, in all honesty, I’m an ex-e, but I contracted AIDS a while ago…”

 

“ you! As if! I’m a happily married man! I would never cheat on my wife with something like you! And you and I both know that your not a e, but you’re as good as one, all the SNSD girls are.” he eyes me with disgust. Have I done something wrong?

 

“Then why am I here? What do you want?”

 

“What do I want? Do you know what you have done to your fans? What you have done before and after SNSD’s end to your faithful SONES?”, he starts yelling.

 

“What? Why? Are you a SONE? Do you want an autograph? I could get you-“

 

“NO I AM NOT A FU CKING SONE. WHY WOULD I BE A FAN OF SOMETHING AS MONSTOROUS AS YOU?”

 

I’m starting to get worried. What did he want? He was clearly insane…

 

“I’m sorry! What can I do? Is there anyway I can help?”

 

He takes a breath. I hope that he’s calming down.

 

“What can you do? If you could bring someone back from the dead, you could. But, NO! All you can do is kill people!”

 

“Is this about Sunny? Are you mad that she killed Yesung? Or perhaps, you’re sad she’s dead? Were you her fan?”

 

“NO. DID I NOT JUST ASK WHY WOULD I BE A FU CKING FAN OF YOURS? AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT BIT CH DYING! SHE DESERVED IT! I PITY SUPER JUNIOR. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM FOR LOSING SOMEONE SO TALENTED.”

 

“Then is this revenge for Super Junior. I can assure you, I had nothing-“

 

“Classic Yoona behavior. Never wants to take any blame, does she? Well, Yoona. Your current situation has nothing to with Super Junior or any fu cking idol dying and has everything to do with you.” Crazy man says in a normal tone.

 

Man, this dude is bipolar.

 

“Dude, you are clearly crazy! What the hell do you want from me?”

 

To my surprise, the man walks out of the room. What the hell am I supposed to do now? What the fu ck is going to happen?

 

Before I have time to come up with yet another escape plan, the man walks back into the room. Wonderful. Just great.

 

He storms right up to me and shoves a picture in my face.

 

 

It’s a picture of a young girl, smiling at the camera on a ride at Lotte World. I must admit, she is absolutely beautiful. Well, she has the looks. Maybe SM can sign her. That’s what this dude wants, right?

 

“Her name was Lee Nari,” the man says quietly.

 

“Was?”

 

“She’s gone. You killed her.” He spits in my face.

 

“What, how? No! I didn’t! I never touched her!”

 

“Shut up. You killed her. My wonderful daughter. She was perfectly happy until you and your little band of monkeys decide to shimmy your asses to fame. And of course you get all of them senseless teenagers swooned by your pathetic excuse for music. My daughter was great with peer pressure until you popped out of nowhere. She was a proud ELF until being a SONE was the only way you wouldn’t get bullied at school.”

 

“So, was she bullied? What happened? And please tell me how you think I killed her?”

 

“SHUT YOUR WORTHLESS MOUTH UP AND LISTEN. I DON’T THINK YOU KILLED HER, I KNOW YOU KILLED HER. She started obsessing over her looks, thinking she wasn’t as pretty as you plastic freaks. She started obsessing over her weight, because you all claimed that you ate all you wanted and didn’t get fat. SHE STOPPED EATING BECAUSE OF YOU.

 

“And finally, one day, she saved all her money to get the best seats at your concert. She even bought a ticket for a fan-signing event. She spent everything she ever had on this concert and you know what? YOU, YOONA, HER BIGGEST IDOL, COULDN’T EVEN BOTHER A “HELLO”, WHEREAS THE REST OF SNSD GAVE HER AUTOGRAPHS. AUTOGRAPHS, THE THING THE WHOLE EVENT WAS FU CKING MADE FOR.  Do you know how hurt she was? She cried and cried and cried. She thought that YOU, her favorite idol, didn’t like you. She thought she wasn’t good enough to be blessed an autograph by you. She fell into a depression and it took us months to pull her back out.”

 

The man is crying now and I am starting to feel a little guilty. I remember that concert; I had refused to sign anything. I was pissed because Jessica had stolen my lines...BUT WHO AM I TO FEEL GUILTY. THIS BIT CH HAS NO RIGHT TO KEEP ME HELD HOSTAGE IN THIS SH ITHOLE. IT IS MY TURN TO RAGE.

 

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOUR DAUGHTER WAS MENTALLY ILL. SHE WAS OVER OBSESSED AND I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HER DEATH. SO JUST FUC KING GET OVER IT AND LET ME GO.”

 

The man looks at me. There are tears in his eyes. Do I see desperation? No. I am just scared senseless….

 

He whispers, “I’m not done yet.”

 

“My daughter, my Nari, was not mentally ill. She was in perfect condition, the best daughter you could ever ask for. She was my everything. SNSD was her only weakness.“

 

“Do you know how she died? No. She committed suicide. Do you know why she committed suicide? No. She killed herself because she was stricken with grief over SNSD’s breakup. Do you know what she told us in her suicide letter? No. She told us that she couldn’t stand being in a world without SNSD. Not once did she mention her family or her friends. She might as well have sent you the letter! Thanks to you, my Nari is no longer among the living.”

 

I am confused and shocked at how utterly stupid his daughter is. She must have gotten it from this nutcase in front of me. 

 

“Bro, I still don’t think this is my fault. You can’t seriously blame this on me.”

 

Instead of responding to me, he pulls out a crumpled piece of paper from his jacket.

 

He clears his throat and speaks.

 

“Three months ago, Park Sun-Ah jumps off a bridge, because SNSD broke up.

“The day after SNSD broke up, Heo JiYoon sets herself on fire.

“Eighteen days ago, Kang Myungbak shoots himself, because SNSD broke up.

“Six weeks ago, An Jaekang goes on a wild rampage and opens fire in a salon before killing himself. Why? Because SNSD broke up.

“Three days ago, my wife finds my daughter, Lee Nari, drowned in the bathtub, with Girl’s Generation carved into her arm.

 

This is fu cking unbelievable.

 

“Should I continue? The list goes on and on and on.”

 

I shake my head.

 

“Are you going to tell me that all of these faithful SONES were mentally ill?”

 

I shake my head once more.

 

“Do you have anything thing to say for yourself? Anymore excuses?”

 

I look up.

 

“What are you going to do to me?”

 

“What am I going to do with you? I am going to see if you really are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.”

 

I raise my eyebrows. What?

 

“What?”