Idol (Part One)

The Nine Lives of SNSD

 

I have no idea how I ended up like this. Well, maybe I do.

 

What have I done to deserve this? Many things actually, but nothing that this can be used as retribution for.

 

What’s going to happen to me?

 

Most likely I’ll be . Or robbed. Or killed and dumped into a river. Maybe my organs will be removed and sold on the black market.

 

Hopefully, I’ll just be put up for ransom or something.

 

Why am I thinking these things?

 

Clearly, if you’re too daft to understand, I’ve been abducted.

 

 

Right now, I’m lying on my side in the back of van. My hands are tied behind my back. My mouth is gagged. My legs are bound together. On top of that, there is a bag over my head and it’s hard to breath. Strangely enough, I am calmly waiting for my kidnapper to reach his destination and confront me, face to face.

 

How cliché. 

 

I am going over possible ways to escape in my head. I have come up with several plans.

 

If this guy is going to me, I will simply say that I am an ex-e who had to quit because I contracted AIDS. However, I would be more than happy to comply to his ual desires. But then he just might want oral . If he does, I guess I could bite off his ?

 

If this guy wants money, I’ll tell him that I’m, well, I’ll use the e alias again. I’ll tell him that I have nothing but the $30 in my pocket.

 

If this guy wants my organs, I’ll say that I have a disease or something that makes me ineligible to donate my organs. I’ll add a sob story to prove how much I wanted to donate my organs after my death and now can’t.

 

If this guy wants to beat me up or something, I’ll tell him that I’m suicidal and would love it if he could kill me. Reverse psychology, bit ches.

 

And if all else fails, I could escape with the classic kick in the nuts and run strategy.

 

I watch far too many dramas.

 

Well, I guess that’s a given since I’m starring in one.

 

SNSD met its demise a couple months ago. Though I had seen it coming, I couldn’t help but feel bad for the other members. Unlike myself, most of them had no back up plan, nothing to go back to. SM Entertainment only saw to it that the most profitable members got some reimbursement for years of being the company’s slaves. I’m not even ashamed to admit that I’m one of them.

 

Though SM didn’t give me a monetary reward, they ensured that SNSD’s pitiful end wouldn’t affect the opportunities I’d get with my acting career. Seeing that I was just finishing up Love Rain when the group broke up, I really needed this. I like to think of this as a pre-nup of some sorts, considering I was committed to SM as much as it was committed to me.

 

Funny enough, I’ve actually been making more money acting now then I made during my whole career as the face of SNSD. I guess people would rather pay to watch a pretty girl act like someone they can relate to, than listen to a pretty girl sing while knowing they can never match up to her.

 

I know, I’m gorgeous, but that’s beside the point.

 

It seemed as if this kidnapper was purposely finding every pothole and bump on the road to drive over just to cause me the most possible discomfort. Pshh, I’m not going to let a couple bangs ruin my plan to escape. I still intend to send this son of a bi tch to jail. For life. So I’ve got two words for him: Fu ck. You.

 

This man is probably a stalker. How else would he know the ideal time and place to kidnap me? We were on the outskirts of Busan, filming the first episode of Love Rain's second season. No one except the production team and actors knew about the site. Hell, no one even knew that we were filming a new season.

 

Now that I think about, he’s probably the reason my manager was late. Everyone else had left; the ones who worried about me staying alone were forced to leave due to urgent schedules. So there I was, standing alone a mile or two from the set, waiting at the usual place, when he pulls up.

 

He was wearing dark sunglasses and a baseball hat, low on his face. He asked me if I needed a lift, but after I politely declined, he drove off.

 

Thirty seconds later, I’m attacked from the back, blinded, gagged, tied, and thrown into the car. That bastard had doubled back…

 

And here I am now.

 

 

The car is still on the move, but I can tell that we had slowed down considerably. I think we will come to a stop soon.

 

I’m right. About five minutes later, I can tell that the bastard has rode onto a driveway. Eventually, the car pulls to a stop.

 

I am anticipating what will happen next. I can hear him get out and slam the driver’s door behind him. I think I can even make out some faint footsteps.

 

A new plan comes to my head and I use every ounce of energy I have to balance myself on my feet. I edge toward the back door as quietly as I can.

 

A few seconds later, the door opens. Even with the bag over my head, I can tell that it’s very sunny out. But I have no time to linger on that; I have no time at all.

 

With much ferocity, I lunge blindly towards where I think my kidnapper is, hoping to knock him out.

 

Unfortunately, I land on hard concrete with a sickening thud. What the fu ck was I thinking? My stupid, impromptu plan has failed.

 

I don’t even have the time to register the pain that is spreading through my aching body when a cloth is pressed firmly against my mouth.

 

My eyes widen in alarm as I think my last thought before I lose consciousness.

 

Chloroform. Sh it.

 

 

I feel dizzy as fu ck when I wake up. It takes a while for me to grasp the situation. I can see now. The bag and the ropes and the gag have been removed, but I am still strapped up on to a slanted metal board. I feel like I’m in one of those horror films when a mad scientist does something terrible to a poor victim. Suddenly, The Human Centipede comes to my mind.

 

What if my kidnapper worships that movie? What if he plans to remove my knee ligaments and attach my mouth to some other kidnapped person’s ? God, please, if this is really happening, let the mad man put me in the front of the line! I don’t want be forced to eat someone’s s hi t! Please, God! I’m begging you!

 

I have no time to elaborate on my fear. The door to the room I’m trapped in opens and a middle-aged man walks in. I’m sure he’s the same person with the sunglasses and hat. If he hadn’t kidnapped me, I would assume that he was a normal person. A father, maybe. I guess they mean it when they say that the worst criminals know how to blend in.

 

The bastard slowly walks up to me, with an angry look.

 

He opens his mouth to speak and I imagine a thousand things he could say.

 

But what he does say is the one thing that I didn’t imagine.

 

“So, Im Yoona, what do you have to say for yourself?”