Chapter 11: The Rift in Friendship

Echoes of Youth ( Kun x OC )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the final exams approached, the group spent long hours in the library, pouring over textbooks and notes, hoping to secure good grades. Even though they were all friends, they had their eyes set on the top spot. However, nobody expected Kun to come in first. He had worked hard and taken a week off from his job to study, but it was still a surprise for everyone.

Yura, in particular, was shocked and disappointed in herself. She had always been at the top of her class, and the thought of someone from a lower socio-economic background beating her was hard to swallow. Her parents were equally disappointed, reminding her of the resources and opportunities they had provided her.

Kun could sense the change in Yura's attitude towards him. She had become cold and competitive, and it was starting to affect their friendship. He tried to reach out to her, but she was distant and uninterested in spending time with him.

One day, when they were alone, Kun confronted Yura about their rift. She admitted that she was angry and frustrated with herself for not coming in first place. She was also angry that her family name would be affected by her "failure."

Kun tried to explain to her that grades weren't everything, and that he had worked hard to achieve his score. He also reminded her that their friendship was more important than anything else. But Yura was too focused on her disappointment to hear him out.

Their friendship became strained, and they s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter