Chapter 8

Playing Hard To Get

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://www.wattpad.com/user/IAmTheGoddamnWalrus - author is Janelle or known as IAmTheGoddamnWalrus

-----------------------------------------

 

Chapter 8

 

~Dara’s POV~

 

"Jiyong, move over!" I shouted. Jiyong was crushing me with his fat . Actually, it wasn't fat but whatever.

 

"I'm tired!" he groaned. I tried shoving again. He didn't budge.

 

"Fine. Just fine!" I shouted again. I pulled the blanket from underneath him, and he fell off the couch. He landed with a thud and rubbed his back.

 

"Ouch," he muttered.

 

I got up and rubbed my hands together. Minzy and Taemin were holding hands on the loveseat, just like any other fourteen year old teenage relationship. They'd witnessed Jiyong basically wrestle me to the couch, and then sit on me. I hope that one day when I sued Jiyong, they'd be able to come to court with me.

 

"I believe you owe me an apology,” I said, sinking into the leather seat. He sat up on the carpet.

 

"I'm sorry for sitting on you," he said. Daesung snickered.

 

"That sounds dirty," Daesung snickered quietly. I rolled my eyes, and Jiyong threw a pillow at him.

 

The Kwons-what was left of them-were at my house for dinner. My mom and dad finally made up, and my dad agreed for the Kwon to come over for supper. Cooked out of my mom's big ol' dolphin pot.

 

My dad had put on this old Beatles movie called Help! The movie, but the kids weren't exactly watching it. Well, I tried, but Jiyong sat on me.

 

I was starting to get used to Jiyong coming over everyday after school. He was actually a really good friend. Even though my feelings for him didn't change, there was no denying that we were good friends.

 

"Kids!" my dad's voice sang. "Supper!"

 

We filed into the kitchen. It wasn't as grand as the Kwons', but it was nice with the sun reflecting off the November snow. I took my seat and Ji sat beside me. I noticed Eun Hye eyeballing us, and I caught myself blushing.

 

We said our prayer, and then dug in. I loved my mom's tuna casserole. Jiyong on the other hand didn't look too pleased.

 

"Jiyong, eat your food," Jessica snapped. Jiyong stuck a forkful in his mouth. From the smile he gave his mom I could tell he really didn't like it. I snickered.

 

Once supper was over, my mom pulled out her blueberry cobler. This, Jiyong was estatic about.

 

"Amazing," Eun Hye muttered. "He didn't eat so he could have room for five pieces of this amazing cobbler."

 

My mom just smiled and held my dad's hand the whole time. I tried to not look at them so I wouldn't hock up my dinner.

 

"Let's watch another movie," Taemin said once we all finished. He pulled Minzy by the hand into the living room.

 

"Do you have a Cinderella Story?" Minzy suggested. Taemin smiled and popped the movie in. He and Minzy sat back down on the love seat. I took the couch, and made Jiyong sit one square away. That way, he couldn't make any moves.

 

During the middle of the movie, my eyelids felt really heavy. I struggled to keep my eyes open. Jiyong noticed me and uncrossed his legs.

 

"You can sleep on my lap, if you want," he whispered. I shook my head, but took his offer anyways. He rested his hand on my arm. I closed my eyelids.

 

"She said baby don't leave, stay close, be close, be close to me, boy don't be long, boy don't be long," Jiyong whisper-sang. "He said baby you know, I gotta run, I gotta go, and I won't be long. Girl I won't be long..." Jiyong continued to sing in a whisper, and I smiled. His voice was so sweet and calming, like harp. My eyelids fluttered to a close, and I dreamed of little ginger boys playing harps.

 

I woke up all stiff. There was a blanket draped over me. I sat up slowly, and saw Minzy on the love seat. Taemin was on the ground next to Daesung and Jiyong. I got off the couch, making sure to nudge Jiyong a little. I crept to the kitchen, avoiding our creaky floorboard. I made myself a cup of raspberry tea and sat at the kitchen table. Jiyong was soon at my side. His hair was all messed up, and I giggled. He looked at his reflection in a spoon and smiled.

 

"Oh yeah," he muttered. "I'm y."

 

"Of course," I replied, stirring my tea. I took a sip, and then looked out the window. It was sunny again, with clear blue skies. Jiyong fixed himself a cup of tea. He scowled at the taste.

 

"Do you own anything in this house that isn't organic?" he asked, slightly annoyed. He opened all the cupboards, trying to find some sort of junk.

 

"Nope," I said, sipping more tea.

 

He sighed at sat down, giving up on his hunt. He leaned his head back against the chair.

 

"You talk in your sleep, you," he mused with a slight smile. I blushed. I never slept over at people's houses because I knew that I talked in my sleep.

 

"You said you loved ginger boys who played harps," he mused again, chuckling. I felt my whole face turn red.

 

I couldn't believe I'd said that! I watched as Jiyong laughed away.

 

~Jiyong’s POV~

 

I was watching Minzy and Taemin with envy. I want Dara to be my girlfriend so badly. But then again, I had a feeling that I was going to get her soon. She'd talked about ginger boys in her sleep.

 

"Girl you're looking great, I'm home, I'm back, I couldn't wait, girl way too long, that was way too long," I hummed to myself.

 

"Could you be quiet?" Dara hissed. "That song is bugging me."

 

I frowned and put my hands on my hips.

 

"Just five seconds ago you said you loved it!" I complained, looking over her shoulder to see what she was doing on the computer.

 

"I said that I loved Jacob Haggard singing this song," she muttered. She noticed me looking, and shielded the screen. She turned her head so that it was just inches away from mine.

 

Something weird happened. My heart sped up fast, like it was going into hyper drive. My vision was dotted with red and gold flecks, sparking and flashing. I realized they were fire works. I saw my own reflection while staring into Dara's eyes. Her eyes were flickering around my face, too. I leaned in closer. Just a couple more inches....

 

All of a sudden, I found myself on the floor, staring at a bunch of feet.

 

"Holy crap, are you okay?" Dara shouted frantically. I sat up, rubbing my head.

 

"What the hell...?" I muttered. A bag of ice was suddenly in my hand.

 

"You just said, 'I need you so bad,' then collapsed," Dara said sheepishly.

 

I felt my face get hot. Talk about embarassing.

 

"You hit your head pretty hard," she mumbled. I nodded and pressed the ice against my head. It hurt, but felt nice at the same time. I slumped against the edge of the couch.

 

Dara ran her finger back and forth on the edge of the desk. She looked like she wanted to ask a question again.

 

"What do you need so bad?" she asked quietly.

 

I pursed my lips and put the bag of ice down. Should I really tell her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her? What would she say? Would she laugh? Would she run? Would she accept it?

 

"I need you so bad," I blurted out. Wow, Jiyong. Nice acting skills.

 

She looked pale. Then, her eyes looked happy. I watched as she smiled the slightest, slightest bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Dara’s POV~

 

I was falling for Jiyong in all his gingery glory.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

Love it?!