Chapter 9

Angel of an Angel

 

HyeMi stood at the hiking trail entrance of Mt. Cheonggye, adjusting her coat against the cool autumn air. She was nervous. HyeMi didn’t know what to expect.

“HyeMi-yah?” HyeMi turned to see Daesung covered but still standing out. His smile was faint but HyeMi reciprocated with a brighter one.

“Long time no see, Daesung-ie.”

“Um…it has been a long time,” The two stood in silence as the sun continued to rise. “Ready to go?” HyeMi nodded as they started their way up the mountain. When in middle school, they would go hiking with each other just to talk and clear their minds. HyeMi saw this hike as that. Hopefully Daesung would talk to her and tell her why he ignored her but it wasn't so.

Small talk exchanged between the two of them but the major topic of the accident and the long break between them had been avoided. They finally reached a rest spot that looked out over the cityscape. Basking in the sun, HyeMi looked to Daesung and made her heart jump. Looking at him made her happy and what to stay near him. HyeMi wrapped her arms around Daesung’s waist which surprised him.

“I missed you so much. Did I do something?” Daesung pulled her away.

“No! I…too many people have worried for me and I don’t want you all to be so worried.”

“We care about you, Daesung-ie. We’re going to worry.” Daesung sighed as he looked at his hand, holding onto HyeMi’s. HyeMi moved away back to the cityscape.

“AH!” HyeMi screamed into the sky “Daesung-ah! Don’t worry so much! We care about you. Don’t worry about us! We will take care of you!” HyeMi turned to see Daesung laughing.

“Okay, Daesung?”

“HyeMi-yah is like a breath of fresh air for me. You know that?” HyeMi smiled and winked before turning back to the cityscape.

“Daesung-ah! You’re the smiling angel, right? I…want to be your angel. I’ll take care of you. I’ll become your wings! Okay?” HyeMi felt as Daesung’s arms wrapped around her in a tight hug.

“Okay. I give my care to you,” HyeMi smiled and held onto Daesung’s arm as the city of Seoul woke up. 

 

Sorry for the delay! i just didn't have much time or inspiration. After listening to "Wings" some more and watching YG Family Strong Heart, I'm back to writing. This is going to be a short story but it's going to have a good ending. I promise. I don't write anything without me liking it. Hold on for the end and thank you for reading!