Chapter 7

Angel of an Angel

 

August 2011

HyeMi stood on the driver's side of JiEun’s car, which she borrowed again. She was parked across from the apartment building where BigBang and 2NE1 stayed. She held the phone up to her ear as it rang. She had hoped that today would be different and that Daesung would actually answer the phone. There was no change and it went straight to his voicemail.

“Daesung. It’s me. You’re probably tired of hearing my voice on your phone. I…I’m outside your apartment. I don't know what else to do. Please talk to me or...so many people are praying for you and…*sigh*I miss you. You don’t have to call me. I'm going to stop calling. I'm just bothering you and you don't need that right now. I hope that you'll get better. Take care,” HyeMi sighed as she ended the call and looked back at the apartment building. As she reached for the door handle, she saw a group of fans scream and crowd a single person. She quickly noticed who is was and ran toward the crowd.

“Excuse me! Excuse me!” HyeMi pushed through the crowd to the man guarded by her manager. “Taeyang-sshi!” HyeMi touched his shoulder but was pushed back by the manager. Taeyang turned and gave HyeMi a curious look.

“Ah! Daesung's friend! HyeMi-sshi, right?” HyeMin smiles as nods. Taeyang ushered his manager back to control the fans as HyeMi and Taeyang moved further into the building.

“Hello. Sorry to bother you at this time.”

“It’s no bother. What can I do for Daesung’s friend?”

“Is Daesung here? I tried to calling him but…”

“He’s at his parent’s house.”

“Huh?”

“He went back home a few weeks ago. You didn’t know?”

“N…No, I thought that he might have come by here for a little while. Sorry to bother you again,” HyeMi bowed as she moved away back into the setting sun.

HyeMi climbed into the car and sat in silence. It hit HyeMi that Daesung was really ignoring her. He didn’t return her calls, he never told her how he was, and he just wanted to be by himself. As that hit, tears began to pour down her cheeks.