Chapter 1

Angel of an Angel

 

January 20, 2011

HyeMi stood outside the restaurant, looking down at her phone and pouting. She didn't want to be there but her best friend made her come out so that she could feel better.

"Did you wait long?" HyeMi turned around to see the smiling face of her closest friend covered up. HyeMi wanted to laugh out loud but she knew he only covered up like this because of his status.

"Daesung-ah, even if you wear sunglasses, you still look like a superstar," Daesung chuckled as he touched the rim of the shades.

"No, I don't. Let's go sit down," They enter the restaurant and move near the back. It was still strange that her closest friend from middle school grew up to part of Korea's biggest idol group, BigBang. Seeing him on television and have people ask for his autograph was surreal. They both sat in the slightly crowded restaurant but the patrons were oblivious to the superstar near them.

"How are you feeling?" Daesung asks as HyeMi played with her phone, turning it over and over on the table.

"Am I an idiot?"

"No! Why would you think that?" HyeMi sighs as she leaned back in her chair.

"I think I'm failing two of my classes in school and the guy who I thought that was interested on me has a girlfriend. I'm a fool."

"HyeMi," She looks up to the serious and calm face of Daesung. "You're not a fool. That guy is a fool and you've always done well in school. You're going to be fine," HyeMi smiles as Daesung takes hold of her hand.

"How about you? How are you doing?" HyeMi continued to worry about Daesung. After Daesung's accident in 2009, HyeMi became closer to Daesung, being one of few people form his past to still be in his life. Since BigBang's debut, Daesung was always able to look to the side and see HyeMi supporting him.

"I'm fine. The comeback is coming up and I might get a solo album."

"Really? I can't wait."

"You're never excited about our songs."

"Not true! I love all of your solo songs," Daesung smiles the smile that all his fans love and the one that pulled HyeMi to him in middle school.

"Thanks."

"And G-Dragon's."

"Yah!" HyeMi laughs as she jokes with him. "Ah! There's one song I want you to hear."

"Really?" HyeMi props her head on her hand as she rests her elbow on the table. "What is it?"

Before Daesung could say another word, his phone vibrated on the table. Looking at the screen, disappointment showed on his face.

"You'll have to wait and see. I have to go rehearse with the group."

"Okay, but I want to hear it soon," Daesung stood and held up his pinky.

"Promise," HyeMi waves Daesung off as he passed through the restaurant unnoticed. The whole reason HyeMi was out was because Daesung wanted to cheer her up and each time they met, he always made her smile.

HyeMi took out her phone and called her roommate.

"Jieun-ah, are you busy? I'm at a restaurant right now. Let's eat together."