Chapter 2

Angel of an Angel

 

Daesung lead HyeMi though YG building toward the recording studios. She has never been in the building so it was a little overwhelming. She has only seen and heard about the building, its artists, and the main man behind it all, Yang Hyuk Suk. As they approached a glass door, Daesung knocks before opening it. Music flows in the air as HyeMi sees a man sitting in front of a large panel of switches, lights, and confusion to her. The man turns around and HyeMi immediately recognizes him as one of the producers, E.Knock. She remembered him as Kush as part of Stony Skunk since Jieun was a big fan of them.

"Hyung! This is school friend, HyeMi."

"Hello," HyeMi smile and bows as e.knock stood.

"Wow, Daesung-ah! She's cute. Your girlfriend?"

"Hyung!" HyeMi sees Daesung's face turn bright red, making her laugh.

"We're just close friends."

"Yeah!" Daesung says quickly causing E.Knock and HyeMi to laugh. "Hyung, can you play my song? I want HyeMi to hear it?"

E.knock raises his eyebrow and smirks.

"Hyung! It's not what you think. She's music major."

"Classical music but I like all kinds of music, really."

"Okay. Whatever you both say," E.knock chuckles as he turns back to the soundboard and presses a few buttons while clicking on the computer nearby. Music that was playing before changes to a medium tempo song causing HyeMi to bob her head. Daesung's voice soon filled the room. HyeMi looked to Daesung who was smiling and watching her. The song was sweet as Daesung's voice, telling the girl to smile even in the bad times.

"Do you like it?" Daesung whispers in her ear. HyeMi turned to him and mouth "I like it!" Daesung smiled brighter than ever. HyeMi was happy that he was shared this with him.

After listening to the song, HyeMi and Daesung walked toward Daesung's car in the garage below the building.

"Thanks for letting me hear the song."

"I really wanted to know how you felt about it." Daesung said as they walked at the same slow pace.

"It was really beautiful. Your fans will love it," Daesung stopped causing HyeMi to stop too.

"It reminds me of you," HyeMi looked at him questionably. Daesung stepped closer to her. "No matter what happens around you, I hope you find a way to smile and don't cry."

"Daesung-ah, are you saying that song is for me?"

"It could be," HyeMi stared into his brown eyes and felt as she moved closer to him. Daesung touched her chin and lifted it as he moved in. Their lips barely touched as a loud ringing echoed in the air. HyeMi stepped back as she looked at her phone.

"Ah...it's a classmate. She wanted me to help her with a piece she has to do for a grade. I have to go."

"I'll take you," Daesung took hold of HyeMi's hand and lead her toward his car. HyeMi looked down at her hand, gripped his and began to smile wide. She liked this feeling.