Chapter 3

Idols Make Them Good Girls Go Bad (APPLY CLOSED)

The gates of the large mansion slowly swung open as the black Maserati Quattroport turned into the long driveway. Mimi sat in the back seat staring out the window with her bag from the sleepover still resting in her lap. She glanced toward the sky, but it was blocked out my the maple trees that lined the driveway. 'I wonder what Mommy and Daddy are doing right now.' She thought as a slight patch of blue sky could be seen through the canopy. 'I'm on my way.'

Mimi's train of thought was disrupted when her chauffer suddenly opened the door motioning for her to step out. She jumped out into the hot June afternoon and immediately began skipping along the little cobblestone path that led to the garden around the back of the house. "Miss Mimi, wouldn't you like to come inside and freshen up first? There's a new present for you from your father waiting to be opened," Mimi could hear her maid shouting at her from the front steps, but she paid her no mind. The present could wait a bit.

She whipped out her IPhone as she continued to run along the path. She hadn't checked Facebook or Twitter in almost 24 hours!!! When the page was finally done loading, Mimi wasn't shocked to see 15 new messages, 28 new notices, 4 new friend requests, and 3 invites. She was, after all, the life of every party.

As she began skimming through the messages, she suddenly felt a root reach out of the ground  and wrap around her foot. Or at least, that's what it felt like to Mimi. She fell face first onto the hard cobble-stone walkway without a single blade of grass to break her fall.

The one good thing about being a natural klutz, is that you eventually get used to falling and your reflexes when you do fall are as sharp as a needle. Mimi opened her eyes to be greeted by a sideways view of the world. She quickly sat up and checked her IPhone. She thoroughly inspected every inch of the beloved phone before brushing the dust off her side and attempting to pull herself up. Her shoulder hurt like crazy and she could barely feel the rest of her arm, but she put on a big smile anyway.

"It could've been worse," she said raising her head to the clear blue sky and soaking in the warmth of the sun. With that, she walked slowly and calmly to the back doors of the mansion and silently slid them open. She began tip-toeing across the living room floor, avoiding every floorboard that she knew creaked on her way to the kitchen. She didn't technically need to go into the kitchen since her chef did everything for her, but some of Mimi's fondest memories in that house were in the kitchen.

She snuck up silently behind the slightly plump woman stirring the large pot and softly singing the tune to a familiar song:

Neoui sesangeuro yeorin barameul tago

 Ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago

Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo

Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon

Eodideun cheongugilteni

(Angel by Exo)

Mimi smiled widely as she immediately recognized the song, however the last word was slightly slurred together, mixed with small shrieks as Mimi shouted "BOO!!!!" in her ear.

"Oh my goodness, Mimi, you nearly scared the daylights out of me." Mimi's smile widened at the cook's 'old lady talk' as Mimi put it. She just sounded so old fashioned to Mimi, and she loved it.

"Sorry, Lia," Mimi mumbled as she on the candy she had snatched from the basket Lia kept on the counter. Lia gave her a sarcastic look and turned back to the pot on the burner. "I didn't know you were a fan of EXO, Lia," Mimi stated not wanted the conversation to end.

"They're not bad, but do you seriously think I wouldn't know about them after you blast their music through every speaker in the house on a daily basis?" Mimi giggled a little and looked down at the ground.

"Oh ya. About that, you know I'm leaving for Korea in just a week, right?" Lia stopped stirring and turned to find Mimi grinning from ear to ear, a twinkle in her eye. Lia wiped her hands on her apron and let out a sigh. Mimi looked at her puzzled. "Are you okay, Lia? I didn't upset you, did I?" Mimi asked as her eyes grew wide and round as saucers.

"Of course you didn't Mimi," she answered spinning on her heels to face the metal pot again. Suddenly she felt something being placed in her hand and  looked down to see a small candy there. Watermelon. Letting out a small giggle and checking over her shoulder to make sure Mimi had left the kitchen, she dropped the candy into the basket on the counter and resumed her cooking.


"I'm home!" Ally shouted as she took off her shoes and placed them neatly on the mat beside the door. Almost immediately, two pairs of feet could be heard running at full speed down the wooden stairs. Ally braced herself.

"I MISSED YOU EONNIE!!!" a small girl squealed as she flew into Ally's open arms. Ally let out a soft giggle and patted the girl's head.

"I missed you too, Maddy," Ally said as Maddy let go of her tight grip. Ally turned to see Daniel waiting patiently a couple feet away, but at the same time looking anxious to get in his hug. Ally opened her arms once again to him and he jumped into them with a huge grin on his face. "And I missed you, Daniel."

"LOOK OUT BELOW!!!" someone screamed from deeper into the house. Ally immediately pushed Daniel and Maddy away before looking up. She was greeted by a waterfall from a bucket attached to a rope looped through the ring on the ceiling where a chandelier was meant to hang.

"JASON!" Ally shouted as she ran down the hallway following the rope to where she knew she would find the mischievous kid. However, the end of the rope was simply held down by a rock. No one was in sight.

"He's upstairs!" Maddy shouted as she came running into the kitchen after Ally. Ally turned around, a look in her eyes as cold as the arctic winds. She calmly walked to the stairs and ascended to the upper level. There weren't too many rooms up there for him to be hiding in. There was only his room, their father's room, the cleaning closet, and..... HER ROOM. Ally ran to the far door and flung it open. Sure enough, Jason was sitting there in the middle of a huge pile of clothes. "GET OUT OF OUR ROOM!!!" Maddy shouted as she tackled him. Daniel giggled from his spot in the doorway watching the two wrestle while Ally tried her best to pry the them apart.

"That's enough!" She shouted as she finally got the kids at arm's length from each other. "Maddy, go to your room," she said. Maddy looked at her quizzically before getting up and sitting on her bed. Ally did a mental face palm. They were in Maddy's room as well as her's. "Alright, you," she pointed to Jason, "come with me." She grabbed him by the ear and began dragging him out of the room. He was a bit taller than her, so he had to bend down to avoid his ear being twisted off, but he had a grin on his face none the less.

When they reached Jason's room, Ally opened the door and pushed Jason in, closing the door behind them. He sat on the bed rubbing his ear while Ally simply glared at him with her arms folded across her chest. "Aren't you a bit old for pulling stupid pranks like that?" she asked with a calm face. Jason's grin widened.

"There is no such thing as being 'too old' to have some fun," he answered sitting back on his hands. Ally just sighed. She wasn't in the mood to fight with him right now. There were too many other matters to tend to.

She took a deep breath. "Listen, Jason. I'm leaving for Korea in a week. I won't be back for over a month. Dad can't look out for Maddy and Daniel alone, you know how his work is. The responsibility is going to fall to you. I need you to be able to handle it. You're sixteen, you can manage keeping the house and family together, can't you?" Jason's grin had disappeared. He didn't like it when Ally went all serious on him. Serious conversations just weren't his thing.

"Yeah, don't worry about it sis, I got this," he said with a wave of his hand. Ally knew better than to believe him, but she also knew better than to push the matter.

"Just think about it, please," Ally finished as she walked out of the door. She sighed for the nth time that day. Things were going to get complicated. She slowly made her way to the closet of cleaning supplies and opened it to find the mops strangely missing. She went downstairs to the front hall where the mess of water was to find Daniel and Maddy already cleaning it up. Ally couldn't help the grin that spread onto her face. She ran over and grabbed the two into a big hug. "Thank you," she muttered before letting go and walking back upstairs and into her room. There was still that mess to be cleaned. 'Jason," she thought as she reached up to rub her aching temples, 'you really are the cause of all my headaches."


Author's Note:

YAY FOR AN UPDATE! Finally. I know I haven't updated this story in FOREVER and I'm really sorry. Between spraining my wrist and going on vacation, I never had time to finish this chapter =(. But it's up now, so YAY!

I'm (obviously) revealing family and home life now, so I decided to do two per chapter (the last person will have their own chapter, but it'll be shorter). Anyway, I absolutely failed at getting a summer job, so I'll have tons more time to update =D Please don't lose faith!

Anyway, WHOSE SEEN SUJU'S Y FREE AND SINGLE MV!!!??? I'm in LOVE!!! Eunhyuk!!! Donghae!!! Sungmin!!!! GAHHHHH zsldkjagweklowakusdyhfakjsdfhweukrthaksjdbhaierhaksjdfhasdlakjfwbnamteioujh  Sorry for that little spazz... Anyway.... I'll see ya soon!!!

<3 Chelly and Scar